Barbee

AUApostle

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

Honestly, I don't Barbee has it in him to do what Bruce Pearl has been able to do at Auburn.  And that's not really a slight against Barbee.  Few coaches could have come into Auburn in the state it was in and accomplished what Bruce has accomplished. 

Agreed, I was just stipulating that Auburn can have a great basketball program (and now does). Bruce Pearl has proven that. I also agree with you on that there aren't many coaches that could have done what Bruce did in the shape we were in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

Screw that guy.  He wasn't just a bad coach he was a petulant child who quit on his teams.

And that was his redeeming qualities.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:36 AM, AUDevil said:

We’ve had so much success since his time ended here, why go back and return to that?

All the more reason to not bring his name up or start a thread on him in the 1st place. We are in the best period in AU basketball history. TBH I feel even bringing his name up is disrespectful to Bruce & what he's done.

19 hours ago, AuJoe said:

He was an a-hole to Auburn when we got blown out of the tournament in 2018 with his little smart-a emoji. Here's a link that will give you some good info on it and his record here...https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2018/03/tony_barbee_auburn_tweet.html

Hope this helps.

He was also an insufferable A-Hole to everyone at AU when he was here.

7 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

I don't post very often, but I would like to throw a couple of words in for Barbee as well. The guy is an arrogant schmuck.   

Again. 2 of his best qualities.

Barbee wasn’t disliked for how bad his teams were...we had seen that before. He wasn’t disliked for how he couldn’t turn us around. He was arrogant and undeservedly cocky at every turn. He would NEVER say a nice word about Auburn the city, the community in public or behind closed doors. Heck, he even coached for two years without ever officially signing the contract! We were paying him monthly installments of his 2.4 million dollar buy out up until the start of this year! Meanwhile, he trolls us against Clemson, which is just the tip of the iceberg and doesn’t dare come to Auburn in 2016...

He said he actively hated Auburn while he was here and dumped on his players. I forget how many of his players left the program. 

should we be hateful to the guy...no. But do I have to like him? Heck no!

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Barbee wasn’t disliked for how bad his teams were...we had seen that before. He wasn’t disliked for how he couldn’t turn us around. He was arrogant and undeservedly cocky at every turn. He would NEVER say a nice word about Auburn the city, the community in public or behind closed doors. Heck, he even coached for two years without ever officially signing the contract! We were paying him monthly installments of his 2.4 million dollar buy out up until the start of this year! Meanwhile, he trolls us against Clemson, which is just the tip of the iceberg and doesn’t dare come to Auburn in 2016...

He said he actively hated Auburn while he was here and dumped on his players. I forget how many of his players left the program. 

should we be hateful to the guy...no. But do I have to like him? Heck no!

He also treated people like garbage that I, & I'm sure you, work with on a regular basis. That's what sickens me.

Archived