Some Recent Favorite SB players

During this “lull in the action” since termination of softball I have found myself looking at old AU softball games on You Tube.  I have especially enjoyed the 2015 and 2016 team replays.  There were so many players with so much talent and so much effort that were fun to watch.   My wife and I got interested in softball after attending a game in 2014  I had watched some of the sport on TV but seeing how talented and athletic the gals were in live action nearly choked me up.  Following that introduction we even drove down from B’ham to watch some practices which were almost as fun as the games.  Here are some of the players who come to mind from 2015 and 2016.  .  My list of favorites is long and I know I am leaving out some good ones 

C. Wallace, T. Howard, M. Estell, E. Carosone, J. Rhodes, Cooper, Melero, M. Harper, Lexie Davis, V. Draper, Whitney Jordan, Abbott, Boggards, Walters, Carlson and Martin.

This back and forth high scoring game vs BAMA in 2015 is a good sample:

Thanks for giving us something to talk about.  Damn, we could hit back then.  Don't have time to watch this right now, but maybe I'll hook it up to the big screen later.

22 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Thanks for giving us something to talk about.  Damn, we could hit back then.  Don't have time to watch this right now, but maybe I'll hook it up to the big screen later.

It is interesting to watch how some of these players maintain their head position and stay locked in on the ball when they hit and keep their feet in contact with the ground in order to transfer their power.  Especially Carosone and Cooper.  Loved to watch T. Howard hit.

Archived