AU Self-Imposes 2020-21 Postseason Ban

Maverick.AU

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I still don’t get it - why in the world would this not be enough? Why isn’t this already resolved? Someone has to start holding the NCAA accountable. To me this falls at the feet of Greg Sankey. He is the most powerful man in college athletics. He needs to push back and demand that the NCAA resolve these issues quickly instead of dragging them out for years and never punishing the people that are truly responsible!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, Sully to Beasley said:

Auburn is the NCAA's punching bag. $aban and Smart cheat like hell in football recruiting and nothing happens to their precious programs. Auburn self imposes player suspensions (Purifoy and Wiley) and now we can't play post-season BB?? I am sick of the double standards in sports! By the way, Director Green, resign NOW!

Yes, finally somebody says it.  Auburn gets screwed and Bama and maybe Georgia get away with anything.  Something stinks here.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that a 3rd BB team has now self imposed a NCAA tournament ban.

Arizona, who had more violations than AUburn is now trying it out for this year.

Some are saying these teams, including Auburn, that are self imposing sanctions, are not going to get away with ducking additional sanctions w these self bans. I guess we will see...

23 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Arizona, who had more violations than AUburn is now trying it out for this year.

Some are saying these teams, including Auburn, that are self imposing sanctions, are not going to get away with ducking additional sanctions w these self bans. I guess we will see...

I don't think self imposed post season bans won't even move the needle with the NCAA.  They have yet to level penalties for Auburn in the form of Level I/II/III penalties so we have no idea how bad the sanctions and probation will be when this thing ever gets completed.

23 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I don’t know how this is Auburn ducking anything. We based our postseason ban on the penalties the ncaa gave to okie state for very similar violations. It is true this is a convenient  year for us to have the ban. But that should not matter to the ncaa. Now Arizona is a different story as they have a lot more going on then either us or okie state. 

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don’t know how this is Auburn ducking anything. We based our postseason ban on the penalties the ncaa gave to okie state for very similar violations. It is true this is a convenient  year for us to have the ban. But that should not matter to the ncaa. Now Arizona is a different story as they have a lot more going on then either us or okie state. 

Those comments coming from an article are alluding to the fact that Auburn HOPES this will be accepted as ALL of the punishment they will get( in other words getting off light). Others are saying, the NCAA will add to it with scholarship reductions, reducing recruiting, who knows what else for Pearl...

NCAA doesn't always JUST accept the schools punishment based on their track record, AND they are bound and determined bc of all the negative publicity it got from this FBI probe, they seem to want to put the hammer down, regardless of the violations basically coming from ONE rogue assistant...and no others in the basketball program involved.

And remember these reporters many of them don't like Pearl, and are going to give a negative slant when they can...

Archived