2021 Leading Receiver?

Zeek

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I get the gut feeling that this WR group is going to explode this year. Then there are all the big athletic TEs, they might even go crazy this year too. Cox has a lot to work with if he can consistently get them the ball. One of the main reasons for optimism though is that Harsin and Bobo are the ones utilizing these assets and putting the schemes on the field.  

OH I sure wish we have B. Cox at QB....I would predict a NC if we did.

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

If the coaching staff is smart Tank should lead the team in number of catches.

I don't think that would be very smart. So he is going to be our leading rusher and leading WR? We always b#$%ed and moaned about Gus over working our best players....nah....I would like for him to get some catches though...maybe 20 or so.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't think that would be very smart. So he is going to be our leading rusher and leading WR? We always b#$%ed and moaned about Gus over working our best players....nah....I would like for him to get some catches though...maybe 20 or so.

With tank busting inside with runs the D will naturally be gearing up inside and that will get him outside the box on screen passes and those screens will be even more effective when linemen pull outside the box and block for tank.  In addition, in the passing game he presents match up problem for linebackers similar to the way the falcons used Andrews.

6 hours ago, toddc said:

With Shedrick Jackson injured and not taking part in contact this spring, Auburn’s most experienced receiver is Kobe Hudson. A true freshman last season, Hudson played in all 11 games and caught seven passes for 70 yards last season. With Ze'Vian Capers and Elijah Canionboth showing signs of promise last season, combining for 10 receptions, 157 yards and two touchdowns, there is talent on the roster when you throw in a player like second-year receiver Ja'Varrius Johnson stepping up his game this spring.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-Cornelius-Williams-Anthony-Schwartz-Seth-Williams-163702773/

Malcolm Johnson is supposed to be the real deal too.

18 minutes ago, Carnell said:

With tank busting inside with runs the D will naturally be gearing up inside and that will get him outside the box on screen passes and those screens will be even more effective when linemen pull outside the box and block for tank.  In addition, in the passing game he presents match up problem for linebackers similar to the way the falcons used Andrews.

Fully agree but I still don't want him to be our leading WR.

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Fully agree but I still don't want him to be our leading WR.

I just a firm believer that you get the ball in the hands of our best player anyway we can.

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

OH I sure wish we have B. Cox at QB....I would predict a NC if we did.

HAHA, good catch, fixed it. Must have been some wishful thinking going on there. 

Archived