2022 4* OT Malik Agbo

WFE12

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm afraid that any recruit who saw yesterday's meltdown will have to leave town with some serious reservations.

Only if the coach is a bad salesman 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Bama lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Saban's first year.  You think he didn't tell every recruit "come and you can play right away"?

Thats our pitch.

• Like 1

Four-star OT ranks Auburn visit a perfect 10

Bryan Matthews

AUBURN | A little southern hospitality, a big-time opportunity and some Taco Mama combined to make 

Malik Agbo’s trip a special one.

The four-star offensive lineman from Todd Beamer High School in Federal Way, Wash., spent the weekend in Auburn for the fourth of his five scheduled official visits.

“Oh, it was a 10 out of 10. It was a 10 out of 10 for sure,” said Agbo. "It’s just the home feel. It’s a small town but at the same time, it’s a big town because everybody knows you. All the guys are close together. It’s really a family atmosphere and I like that.”

Agbo, 6-foot-6 and 320 pounds, was in Auburn for the first time. He got a close-up look at the campus, the new Football Performance Center under construction and attended Saturday’s game against Mississippi State.

“It was a good experience,” said Agbo. “First time coming down here in the South. The southern hospitality is real. Just being able to bond with fans and the players and the coaches is really nice. Finally experienced what it’s like to be at an Auburn football game and potentially be a part of the program. It’s really cool.

“Everything I was looking for, it was there. It was nice.”

On Saturday, he saw first-hand AU’s need for offensive linemen, especially at the tackle position.

“Opportunity. We were talking about that. It’s big-time,” said Agbo. “Just to see during the game, ‘the O-Line needs to get a push’ and all that good stuff, there’s most definitely a need there. I could see myself there for sure.”

A local restaurant also provided Agbo a taste of what the city has to offer.

“Ahh man, what was it -- Taco Mama. That was good. That was good,” said Agbo. “The classic beef taco, it was really good. I was like, ‘What is this?’ Made me feel like I’d been missing out.

Agbo has previously visited Miami, Oklahoma and Texas, and has a final trip scheduled to Florida Nov. 26 before announcing his decision in his high school gym on Dec. 15.

“They stand with the best of them,” said Agbo of Auburn. “Oklahoma, Texas, Miami, and obviously I’m taking the trip down to Florida in two weeks. It’s those five.”

Agbo said his final decision will depend a lot on the relationships he’s made during the recruiting process.

“Really just breaking down what I got from it, from bonding with the players and coaches and just the day-to-day stuff,” he said.

• Like 4

Our staff needs a commitment as soon as possible. This staff needs to do everything with a sense of great urgency after yesterday. 

• Like 2

So we're competing with FL, TX, OK, and Miami. Do we have any idea where we stand in that list?

Edited by AUwent

8 hours ago, Win4AU said:

He'll have to be a great salesman. Our AC was weak and there was a knock in the engine.

This kid and Woody are the two biggest needs right now. A nose tackle and a OT that have good frames and be mainstays in helping us rebuild the trenches. Get those two locked up. Hit the portal for a few more lineman. Get an outside receiver from the portal to pair with Kobe and JJ since Clemons seems to be all but out. Pray someone steps up at QB. Not ideal, but this staff can improve the two deep next year imo if they play their cards right

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

So we're competing with FL, TX, OK, and Miami. Do we have any idea where we stand in that list?

If it were up to me to make it, it'd be...

AU, FL, Miami, OK, TX

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

I guess it depends whether they have a Taco Mama in town or not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

I guess it depends whether they have a Taco Mama in town or not.

It not be the same restaurant, but they definitely have some taco mamas in Austin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It not be the same restaurant, but they definitely have some taco mamas in Austin.

I can guarantee you we have better tacos on any random street corner here in Austin than you will find in Auburn.

• Love 1

While I am glad Agbo likes Taco Mama's I sure hope that there are other things that sway him to Auburn as just about anyplace in Texas you can find great Mexican food. 

Comida Mexicano es muy rico in Tejas.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

While I am glad Agbo likes Taco Mama's I sure hope that there are other things that sway him to Auburn as just about anyplace in Texas you can find great Mexican food. 

Comida Mexicano es muy rico in Tejas.   

I now know what we're gonna have for dinner

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I now know what we're gonna have for dinner

I am going Salvadorian I am eating Papusas.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

If it were up to me to make it, it'd be...

AU, FL, Miami, OK, TX

Is that your outlook or simply how much you like those teams? No (relevant) CBs for him right now.

Edited by AUwent

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is that your outlook or simply how much you like those teams? No (relevant) CBs for him right now.

Alphabetical

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Alphabetical

Of course I was too tired (just got home) to see that. Dear lord can we get just one more four star...

Edited by AUwent