POLITICO: Biden’s pollster: 2022 is ‘worst political environment’ of my lifetime.

DKW 86

POLITICO Playbook: Biden’s pollster: 2022 is ‘worst political environment’ of my lifetime

— On the 2022 environment for Democrats: “I think what we’re missing right now is that voters are very much in, ‘What have you done for me lately?’ [mode]. … And they don’t feel Democrats can get their s*** together and get things done. And so, you know, if we’re able to do something — a skinny [Build Back Better] or whatever on health insurance costs, prescription drug costs, elderly care, child care — that’s a big deal, because it will give Democrats … a competitive advantage on what they’re doing for working families. And it’ll cut through the inflation narrative, the Ukraine narrative, the Afghan narrative, the border narrative, etc. And right now, we don’t see that and we don’t have that. …

“No one’s going to sit there as a Democratic consultant and try to bull**** you that this is anything but a really sour environment for Democrats. So we better look at the strategic ways that we can compete, right?”

— On the “myth” that needs to be broken about Latino voters: “I think that a lot of time, there’s this narrative in D.C. among Democrats that you only talk to Latinos about immigration. Like, immigration is the 12th issue that they’re concerned about. Guess what? They’re concerned about the same things everyone else is concerned about. It’s always about the economy or inflation or health care or schools.”

— On what he thinks Republicans do better than Democrats: “Republicans do a much better job of branding Democrats [than] Democrats do Republicans … We don’t do a good job of branding. But, damn, man, you know, critical race theory, which literally just one day popped up in the American lexicon and — it’s not taught in any public school in America — now it becomes an issue. They’re really good at branding.”

— On why Democrats should crank up the volume on an economic populist message: “We’re scared of our own shadow on taxes, and it ******* makes no sense … People do not begrudge people making a lot of money and getting wealthy; people have a problem and [are] pissed off about them not paying any ******* taxes. And why, as a party, we don’t elevate that in our messaging is beyond me.”

— On whether Biden will run again: “I have no idea. No indication that he won’t run. And I think that … a lot of us feel that if Trump runs, there’s no one else that could beat Trump [other] than Joe Biden … You go head-to-head and Joe Biden’s always ahead of him. Not by a lot — one or two points. … Even at his lowest approval rating, he still beats Donald Trump.”

— On his prediction for 2022: “It’s the worst political environment that I’ve lived through in 30 years of being a political consultant. … There’s a big difference between losing 7 and 10 seats in the House and getting your ass kicked and losing 35, 40. … I think we really have the ability to keep the Senate.”

— On one potential silver lining for Biden if Democrats lose the midterms: “Can I just say one thing, because I think this is important: REAGAN went through this. CLINTON went through this. OBAMA went through this. And they all got reelected.”

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

— On what he thinks Republicans do better than Democrats: “Republicans do a much better job of branding Democrats [than] Democrats do Republicans … We don’t do a good job of branding. But, damn, man, you know, critical race theory, which literally just one day popped up in the American lexicon and — it’s not taught in any public school in America — now it becomes an issue. They’re really good at branding.”

Yeah, go with this.  Republicans are good at branding and every time they try to brand something the Democrats are usually successful at silencing that branding.  That ran out in Virginia in November of 2021.  Republicans are either Racists, Homophobes, Transphobic or some other ist, ism or trashy person so the lib press can help control the narrative.  Republicans are being persistent over the last few years and people are starting to listen.

Case in point is the *libs of Tic Tok* doxxing.  Why would WaPo try to dox the founder of *libs of Tic Tok* unless it was being too effective in exposing the Left/Democrat agenda?  Instead of admitting any of this, Biden took a way too aggressive stance on gender affirming care in K-3 school kids, so the media attack the source.

The Democrats are out of touch with the American people.  The American people are not as *woke* as Biden and the left thinks they are.  Take the mask mandate in airplanes as an example.  Regardless of your stance on cloth masks, when the Florida judge shot down the mandate there were people cheering as they took off their masks in airplanes (there is no proof airline travel was a superspreader anyway).  Biden, when asked just after the ruling, said “I guess it will be up to the people to decide”.  Yesterday the Democrats, probably being pressured by other Democrats and the press, decided to fight the ruling.  They just can’t give up control.

If you want to find out the level of support the Democrats have there is no need for a poll just see how many people are wearing masks in airplanes if they are allowed to go without them by the airlines.

Who supports the Democrats?  The LGBTQ1+ coalition, MAPs (Minor Attracted People), groomers, CRT enthusiast and germaphobes.  No wonder the environment for the Democrats is the worst ever seen.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, go with this.  Republicans are good at branding and every time they try to brand something the Democrats are usually successful at silencing that branding.  That ran out in Virginia in November of 2021.  Republicans are either Racists, Homophobes, Transphobic or some other ist, ism or trashy person so the lib press can help control the narrative.  Republicans are being persistent over the last few years and people are starting to listen.

Case in point is the *libs of Tic Tok* doxxing.  Why would WaPo try to dox the founder of *libs of Tic Tok* unless it was being too effective in exposing the Left/Democrat agenda?  Instead of admitting any of this, Biden took a way too aggressive stance on gender affirming care in K-3 school kids, so the media attack the source.

The Democrats are out of touch with the American people.  The American people are not as *woke* as Biden and the left thinks they are.  Take the mask mandate in airplanes as an example.  Regardless of your stance on cloth masks, when the Florida judge shot down the mandate there were people cheering as they took off their masks in airplanes (there is no proof airline travel was a superspreader anyway).  Biden, when asked just after the ruling, said “I guess it will be up to the people to decide”.  Yesterday the Democrats, probably being pressured by other Democrats and the press, decided to fight the ruling.  They just can’t give up control.

If you want to find out the level of support the Democrats have there is no need for a poll just see how many people are wearing masks in airplanes if they are allowed to go without them by the airlines.

Who supports the Democrats?  The LGBTQ1+ coalition, MAPs (Minor Attracted People), groomers, CRT enthusiast and germaphobes.  No wonder the environment for the Democrats is the worst ever seen.

So, wearing a mask is "woke"?  

:ucrazy:

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, wearing a mask is "woke"?  

:ucrazy:

The mask thing was an example of how Biden believes he has some type of mandate to rule *woke*.  And, the way it is viewed now, yes, it is woke.  Do you wear a mask all the time?  Indoors, outdoors, in restaurants?  Or only when you want to signal your *woke* status?

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The mask thing was an example of how Biden believes he has some type of mandate to rule *woke*.  And, the way it is viewed now, yes, it is woke.  Do you wear a mask all the time?  Indoors, outdoors, in restaurants?  Or only when you want to signal your *woke* status?

Actually,  I wear one whenever I feel it may offer some protection, like shopping at Walmart (for example).

I couldn't care less about your insane culture war.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually,  I wear one whenever I feel it may offer some protection, like shopping at Walmart (for example).

I couldn't care less about your insane culture war.

“Couldn’t care less”. Well done. Proper.

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The mandate is only for public transportation and was for 2 additional weeks. It wasn’t for anywhere else. Transportation everyone needs to take some places to get to work, school. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

The mandate is only for public transportation and was for 2 additional weeks. It wasn’t for anywhere else. Transportation everyone needs to take some places to get to work, school. 

Two weeks huh?   Is this like the 15 days to slow the spread.  It was a two week extension so the CDC could *collect more data*.  How do you think that is going to end?

The Administration could have waited until the end of the two weeks and after the data is collected then decide to fight the ruling if the *data* showed the CDC needs to extend the mandate.  But that would let the people decide for themselves to wear a mask or not for a whole two weeks.

In your opinion, are we still in an emergency situation like we were in 2020?  

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Two weeks huh?   Is this like the 15 days to slow the spread.  It was a two week extension so the CDC could *collect more data*.  How do you think that is going to end?

The Administration could have waited until the end of the two weeks and after the data is collected then decide to fight the ruling if the *data* showed the CDC needs to extend the mandate.  But that would let the people decide for themselves to wear a mask or not for a whole two weeks.

In your opinion, are we still in an emergency situation like we were in 2020?  

2020? Not at all. I rarely wear a mask. Wear them at crowded indoor concerts and will wear them in a plane. I’m boosted and shop & eat out and go to concerts quite a bit. But fortunately, I rarely have to rely on public transportation. Immunocompromised folks riding crowded buses to work every day are forced into a much higher level of risk. I’ll fly this summer out of choice and probably wear my N95 for the 9 hour flight because I’m ready to get on with my life, but most public transportation isn’t the occasional plane ride. It’s daily crowded buses & subways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

2020? Not at all. I rarely wear a mask. Wear them at crowded indoor concerts and will wear them in a plane. I’m boosted and shop & eat out and go to concerts quite a bit. But fortunately, I rarely have to rely on public transportation. Immunocompromised folks riding crowded buses to work every day are forced into a much higher level of risk. I’ll fly this summer out of choice and probably wear my N95 for the 9 hour flight because I’m ready to get on with my life, but most public transportation isn’t the occasional plane ride. It’s daily crowded buses & subways.

So why the big backlash from the left when you can wear a mask if you want to protect yourself? 

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So why the big backlash from the left when you can wear a mask if you want to protect yourself? 

We all know the real answer to that. 

24 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

We all know the real answer to that. 

No one on the left wants to answer the question.

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think there’s incredible tribalism on both extremes of the mask issue. Frankly, limiting a mask mandate to public transportation is a pretty limited, measured response to the current state of the virus. Most people support this one measure. Other behavior is not effected. Using an N95 every day isn’t cheap, especially for folks that rely on public transportation to get to work and coupled with inflation.

Frankly, in pure political terms I’d rather the CDC not extend it. It doesn’t really impact me personally and just feeds the insane culture warriors. But the CDC’s focus is public health and there is a public health rationale. Anti-maskers tend to put everything in one bucket. The reality has moved way past that. Public transportation— that’s it. That’s the issue. Many of the same folks who yelled to open the economy fought against any step that actually made that easy to do. Service industry folks are relying on public transportation. It’s hard enough to hire enough of them as it is. Many folks in these industries watched friends die from serving the public, including those who fought with them (often literally) to wear masks during pandemic peaks. 

How often do you take public transportation?

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No one on the left wants to answer the question.

There’s the mindless tribalism I mentioned. I’ve given you thoughtful responses that are neither right or left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think there’s incredible tribalism on both extremes of the mask issue. Frankly, limiting a mask mandate to public transportation is a pretty limited, measured response to the current state of the virus. Most people support this one measure. Other behavior is not effected. Using an N95 every day isn’t cheap, especially for folks that rely on public transportation to get to work and coupled with inflation.

Frankly, in pure political terms I’d rather the CDC not extend it. It doesn’t really impact me personally and just feeds the insane culture warriors. But the CDC’s focus is public health and there is a public health rationale. Anti-maskers tend to put everything in one bucket. The reality has moved way past that. Public transportation— that’s it. That’s the issue. Many of the same folks who yelled to open the economy fought against any step that actually made that easy to do. Service industry folks are relying on public transportation. It’s hard enough to hire enough of them as it is. Many folks in these industries watched friends die from serving the public, including those who fought with them (often literally) to wear masks during pandemic peaks. 

I’ve flown about 15 times this year so far, various durations at a time ranging from hour flights to 12+. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

What "big backlash"?

Technically speaking, it makes a lot of sense for everyone on a plane (or train, or bus) to wear masks.  They provide some protection to the wearer but they also provide protection by minimizing the airborne virus level.

But I have to admit, I have conflicted feelings about MAGAs not wearing masks (not that they would):

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Politics are showing up in COVID rates in a new way. The political leanings of the county where a person lives may indicate their risk of dying from COVID-19. A new analysis from NPR found that conservative counties had nearly three times the death rates of more liberal ones. Other polls suggest that vaccination rates among Republicans are lagging and disinformation is playing a role......

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1059828993

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks for answering.  Limiting a mask mandate to public transportation is the last bastion the CDC has and it, especially in aircraft, is non scientific.  I haven’t seen any studies that show traveling in aircraft is a super spreader, even during the height of the pandemic.  What this court ruling will allow the CDC to do is carve out the airline industry from this mandate, if they really are using science.  Do you think that will happen?

The mandate doesn’t impact me much in my life, but that isn’t a reason to sit on the sidelines either.  Your line about anti-maskers seems to be tribalism as just because there is not mandate doesn’t mean you can’t wear a mask and most people understand that except the extremes on both sides.  The extremes seem to have more of a say in things, at least publicly, than the middle.  It’s seems the way to make a point nowadays.

In reality there is a difference from what we thought would help and what does help in the 2+ years we have endured this virus.  It’s time to put that knowledge into practice.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

There’s the mindless tribalism I mentioned. I’ve given you thoughtful responses that are neither right or left.

So, me being impatient puts me in the mindless tribalism bucket.  OK, good to know how you work.

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What "big backlash"?

Technically speaking, it makes a lot of sense for everyone on a plane (or train, or bus) to wear masks.  They provide some protection to the wearer but they also provide protection by minimizing the airborne virus level.

But I have to admit, I have conflicted feelings about MAGAs not wearing masks (not that they would):

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Politics are showing up in COVID rates in a new way. The political leanings of the county where a person lives may indicate their risk of dying from COVID-19. A new analysis from NPR found that conservative counties had nearly three times the death rates of more liberal ones. Other polls suggest that vaccination rates among Republicans are lagging and disinformation is playing a role......

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1059828993

You are pitiful.  We’re talking about mask mandates as it applies today and you can’t help but bring up Trump.  The fact that that article was written in December of last year proves you’re living in the past.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks for answering.  Limiting a mask mandate to public transportation is the last bastion the CDC has and it, especially in aircraft, is non scientific.  I haven’t seen any studies that show traveling in aircraft is a super spreader, even during the height of the pandemic.  What this court ruling will allow the CDC to do is carve out the airline industry from this mandate, if they really are using science.  Do you think that will happen?

The mandate doesn’t impact me much in my life, but that isn’t a reason to sit on the sidelines either.  Your line about anti-maskers seems to be tribalism as just because there is not mandate doesn’t mean you can’t wear a mask and most people understand that except the extremes on both sides.  The extremes seem to have more of a say in things, at least publicly, than the middle.  It’s seems the way to make a point nowadays.

In reality there is a difference from what we thought would help and what does help in the 2+ years we have endured this virus.  It’s time to put that knowledge into practice.

So, me being impatient puts me in the mindless tribalism bucket.  OK, good to know how you work.

Actually, yes. Sitting on ready so eager to pounce with your tribalistic judgement that you can’t even wait the time it takes for a thoughtful response absolutely illustrates your tribalism. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Actually, yes. Sitting on ready so eager to pounce with your tribalistic judgement that you can’t even wait the time it takes for a thoughtful response absolutely illustrates your tribalism. 

My comment was more about you having to say something when a comment like that wasn’t necessary that is indicative of how you work.  I know it’s the smack talk forum, so I should have expected it.  Thanks for confirming. 

Any comment about the CDC having a carve out for the airline industry.  If they were thoughtful they actually get a little of their credibility back.

41 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My comment was more about you having to say something when a comment like that wasn’t necessary that is indicative of how you work.  I know it’s the smack talk forum, so I should have expected it.  Thanks for confirming. 

Any comment about the CDC having a carve out for the airline industry.  If they were thoughtful they actually get a little of their credibility back.

Curious — what data are you looking at that assesses the risk on a plane on which a carve out would be based?

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are pitiful.  We’re talking about mask mandates as it applies today and you can’t help but bring up Trump.  The fact that that article was written in December of last year proves you’re living in the past.

Not only that, it is just another opinion article that has no data to back it up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Curious — what data are you looking at that assesses the risk on a plane?

The same data that said last years college football season was going to be a superspreader event every Saturday and it didn’t happen.  The same data the said this winter is going to be *the winter of death* for the unvaccinated and it didn’t happen.  The same data that says that commercial airplanes replaces the atmosphere 20-30 times an hour and has HEPA filters that are safe.  The same data to say there isn’t much data that air travel is a superspreader of COVID.

It’s difficult to pull *data* from sources that promote the mask mandate, but if there were superspreader events from air travel wouldn’t we know about it?  The press would be all over it.  So to answer your question; there isn’t any real time data that assesses the risk.  There are some simulations that are around, but no hard data.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The same data that said last years college football season was going to be a superspreader event every Saturday and it didn’t happen.  The same data the said this winter is going to be *the winter of death* for the unvaccinated and it didn’t happen.  The same data that says that commercial airplanes replaces the atmosphere 20-30 times an hour and has HEPA filters that are safe.  The same data to say there isn’t much data that air travel is a superspreader of COVID.

It’s difficult to pull *data* from sources that promote the mask mandate, but if there were superspreader events from air travel wouldn’t we know about it?  The press would be all over it.  So to answer your question; there isn’t any real time data that assesses the risk.  There are some simulations that are around, but no hard data.

Ok, you want the CDC to issue a carve out for planes based on science, but offer no science to support that— instead you revert to the everything mask related is in the same bucket, even outdoor events. 

You cite a lack of super spreader events from air travel as an argument for removing masks when air travel has required masks and there have been no superspreader events. Your position sounds more ideological than scientific.

• Like 1