Baseball Regional Series

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

SLU got destroyed again and lost UCLA 16-1. UCLA will face the loser of the Auburn/FSU game on Sunday in Game 1 of the double header.

It's cool that SLU was able to win their conference tournament but the last two games proved they were sorely over matched.

Edit: UCLA has used 8 pitchers already with 2 of those relievers pitching in both games. Will definitely be interesting to see how their pitching holds up another game, possibly two.

I wouldn't say that SLU was overmatched. We can't know that for sure because of everything they've been through......they were not at full capacity. Kind of like Auburn last season.....not a bad team......just decimated by injuries. I give them credit for making it this far.

Always remember that Coastal Carolina won it all. Being a mid-major really means very little in baseball these days. Ga Southern's star pitcher transferred to TN but they are still doing well and have another great pitcher on the roster. They are a very good team.

https://www.nola.com/sports/colleges/article_2c457c38-e06f-11ec-b844-73890502bb03.html

Edited by Tigerbelle

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

you think? lol...

Anyone that hits 3 hrs and drives in 9 runs, against anyone has the ability to be really good.

Do you know how much he was out? I don't remember.

Two weeks maybe? Wasn't long but seemed like when he went out was when guys started pressing. And that happens, but the bigger concern was the lack of energy the team seemed to have. Foster seems like an energy type of guy that plays with some swagger

Auburn game and not starting on network tv. Name a more iconic duo.

Game before is only in the 7th inning.

Gonzalez is on the mound for game 2, btw.

Edit: Game will start on ESPNews and then move to ESPN2 when the previous game finishes.

Edited by tgrogan21

Rambush with a 7 pitch at bat ends in a fly out to CF.

Foster gets up 3-1 and walks!

Curveball almost gets away but a nice play by the catcher to stop it. DiChiara with a single! Foster goes to 2nd!

Peirce strikes out on 4 pitches.

Carlson gets behind 0-2 before going back 2-2 and gets hit by the pitch! Bases loaded!

Edit: Play under review, FSU thinks Carlson leaned into the pitch. I don't think he did.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

Announcers really want Carlson to have dropped his elbow. I don't see it and if it was it seemed more like an "I'm getting ready to swing" drop and not trying to get hit. Long review, though.

SMH. Umps call him out. Such BS.

Edit: 0-0 B1st

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

That jackazz that said Auburn definitely wouldn't host just said Carlson definitely leaned into it  Sick of that doofus already. 

• Like 1

Yea he didn't try to get out of the way at least but the pitch was far enough out of the strike zone that he shouldn't have gotten the call of interference. Pitch it in the zone and maybe an argument but i don't think he leaned in.  Definitely a horrible call to end the inning.  Wish they just declared a repitch

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Also slow motion exaggerates the look in this case.  Watch it real time. 

• Like 1

Why are we visitors? Is it because FSU was visitors in their game1?

Just now, AUBwins said:

Why are we visitors? Is it because FSU was visitors in their game1?

We were both 'home' teams, so not sure why FSU gets to be home this game

Single right back up the middle after getting ahead 0-2.

Nice play by Foster on a pop up to shallow right.

Fly out to RF!

Late steal and LaRue says, "NOPE!"

0-0 T2nd

2 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

We were both 'home' teams, so not sure why FSU gets to be home this game

I think the announcers misspoke and FSU was the away team yesterday.

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Also slow motion exaggerates the look in this case.  Watch it real time. 

Everyone except the umps and FSU fans are in agreement it was a BS call.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I think the announcers misspoke and FSU was the away team yesterday.

Ah, I was definitely going  by what the announcers said. Appreciate your play by play, by the way. I missed Friday's game but caught up with your posts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUbritt said:

Ah, I was definitely going  by what the announcers said. Appreciate your play by play, by the way. I missed Friday's game but caught up with your posts

No problem. I had to go look it up cause I was confused why if both teams were home we would be away. I'm glad that I was here to help you catch up. :D

• Like 1

Auburn's doing a great job of working counts on this deep pitching staff. Guy is at 34 pitches and hasn't gotten anyone out in the 2nd.

9 pitch at bat for Moore and he WALKS! Great at bat!

HOWELL SO CLOSE TO A BOMB! OFF THE TOP OF THE MONSTER!! Moore stops at 3rd!

LaRue with a fly out to shallow right. No chance for Moore to tag up.

Infield playing in for Bello. AND he hits a bomb to the warning track. SO CLOSE AGAIN. Moore scores, Howell goes to 3rd.

1-0 Auburn

FSU pitcher getting frustrated that he keeps missing and the ump ain't falling for the frame job.

Rambusch ahead 3-0, walks him on 4. 47 pitches already. Gonna get into that bullpen early!

Foster falls behind 0-2 ... fouls out on 3 pitches. Hate not getting more runs.

1-0 Auburn B2nd

Hard hit ball but right to DiChiara who steps on the bag for out 1.

1 pitch grounder to Moore! Love me these 1 pitch at bats. :D

STRIKE OUT LOOKING! Gonzalez through 2 and only at 23 pitches!

1-0 Auburn T3rd