Baseball Super Regional--Corvallis

Figured this should have a separate thread from the other one...

I'll be taking a nap before these games...Tiger Baseball After Dark, for certain.

Screenshot_20220607-111149(1).png

• Thanks 2

Someone else will have to take up the updates for me. There's no way I'll be able to stay up that late and work at 5 the next morning. Sucks that I'll miss the games.

• Sad 1

I'll be out of the country and almost certainly asleep given the time difference. Hate to miss it. They'll just need to win the Super so I can watch them in Omaha.

Saturday night late is OK......but Sunday night? WTH??? That really is pathetic. One hour earlier would make a huge difference to Auburn fans. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I have never heard of this... 27 times the amount of water in the Mississippi River?   Good gracious.

Another name for it is the "Pineapple Express" -- air currents from the tropics/Hawaii arriving & dumping rain in the PNW.  I've lived up here since 1988 and this has been one of the coldest & rainiest springs that I've experienced.  We've had 2 days in April & 3 days in May where the high temperature broke 70 degrees, and that's just barely.  The TV news reported we had a total of 5 hours above 70 degrees in May.   

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:46 AM, tgrogan21 said:

Someone else will have to take up the updates for me. There's no way I'll be able to stay up that late and work at 5 the next morning. Sucks that I'll miss the games.

I'm trying to figure out a strategy myself for Sunday night. I get up at 5:15 every morning and I can't stay up until 1:00 AM. Mondays are very busy in the healthcare world. I may take a 3 hour nap, get up and watch the game, then go back to bed. 

This Super Regional schedule is just terrible.  And now I'm worried that there will be weather delays and they'll play in the daytime and I will miss everything.

• Like 3

Many other super regional will be conplete,, before Auburn even plays their 1st game. Crazy that the 2 west coast regionals all start after all the other series. Does not make.sense to play the games in the eastern time zone early in the day, while the west coast ones play late in the day. Absolutely mind boggling scheduling

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm trying to figure out a strategy myself for Sunday night. I get up at 5:15 every morning and I can't stay up until 1:00 AM. Mondays are very busy in the healthcare world. I may take a 3 hour nap, get up and watch the game, then go back to bed. 

This Super Regional schedule is just terrible.  And now I'm worried that there will be weather delays and they'll play in the daytime and I will miss everything.

Hate that this could be the last 2-3 games of the season and I might miss them. I get the game is on the West Coast but couldn't they have just played them during the day on the weekend? So dumb that half the country and the fan base of half of the teams involved get screwed like that.

1 hour ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Many other super regional will be conplete,, before Auburn even plays their 1st game. Crazy that the 2 west coast regionals all start after all the other series. Does not make.sense to play the games in the eastern time zone early in the day, while the west coast ones play late in the day. Absolutely mind boggling scheduling

It really is perplexing......

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hate that this could be the last 2-3 games of the season and I might miss them. I get the game is on the West Coast but couldn't they have just played them during the day on the weekend? So dumb that half the country and the fan base of half of the teams involved get screwed like that.

It is infuriating.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

There's a good possibility of the games being rained out this weekend.  Atmospheric river on the way

Better hope we can get these games played.  If complete washout during the allotted time to play the series, they would advance due to their seeding. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Trying to figure out a strategy for myself tonight. 10 central late for me. WDE! We are going to work through this thing well. Just got a feeling.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Weather Underground says weather will be fine tonight.   I hope they are correct.

Let’s win tonight to have the advantage in case of weather delays

• Like 1