Psu post game

gr82b4au

Just now, meh130 said:

Harsin could fire Friend, make Bedell OL coach, and promote a GA to a coaching position.

But this is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Absolutely nothing. Cut the ties now and send his whole Boise staff with him. He’s a glorified HS coach just like Gus was. 

Remind me. Did Auburn ever lose a game this bad at home on prime time TV? Please don’t ever compare this person to Gus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, SEC freshmen of the year sucks. How is Auburn’s current quarterback development?

There wasn’t a lot of competition! Do you seriously believe Bo is a good QB? One has nothing to do with the other, NN!

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Harsin could fire Friend, make Bedell OL coach, and promote a GA to a coaching position.

Yep. But til it is somebody who recruits new and better "jimmies and joes" into that position group. it seems to be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

[just saw your other post. Great minds ....]

Edited by AUx

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

At this point, it’s just semantics. Harsin is a dead man walking. Hate it for him, but fact.

11 minutes ago, meh130 said:

This is the issue. They got little to no push against FCS Mercer and Group of Five SJSU. That is bad.

Last sarcastic observation: So pretty soon we're going to have an indelible reputation for making players worse. "4 and 5 stars, come to Auburn, where each successive year you are here, we can reduce your athletic skill to prepare you for the insurance industry."

6 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

There wasn’t a lot of competition! Do you seriously believe Bo is a good QB? One has nothing to do with the other, NN!

I guess you didn’t see him today against the number 12 team in the country.

• Like 2

It's hard to blame the OL..maybe they aren't the best; but watching GA earlier...its the schemes that dominated moreso than talent. They exposed the defense like they studied it all week long...they didn't even have to rely on the skillsets of their OL players much....Auburn felt like they were whiping up ideas and drawing them in the sand.....might be the biggest let down game....I mean there has some big ones!   But thus wtf was more like...WTF!!!

So he ran off the two southern coordinators and turned everything over to his tater boys.  As Doctor Phil says “how’s that working for you?”  Well, it ain’t.  About as badly prepared as any Auburn since 2012.  Whipped on both sides of the ball.  Out of position on defense.  O line didn’t know who to block and even when they got it right they were outmanned.  Turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover.  Pitiful.  Just plain pitiful.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Dude should have been toast after the debacles last season. What's funny is the whole "had this game circle" and "been practicing against PSU since June" crap. Guy just digging the terrible coach hole even deeper with that. Admitting after all that time this is what you put on the field for the game?

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Can someone tell me a single thing Harsin has done well outside of saying things at a PC that hyped up the fans with false bravado???

He works out a lot?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I guess you didn’t see him today against the number 12 team in the country.

No…but I saw him for 3 years and against THUGA…he’s not a good QB! Hopefully he’s improving, but he can’t play against good defensive teams. He also seems VERY entitled!

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

No…but I saw him for 3 years and against THUGA…he’s not a good QB! Hopefully he’s improving, but he can’t play against good defensive teams. He also seems VERY entitled!

Surprised Auburn wanted him to stay, and Oregon wanted him to go there, since he’s so bad and everything.

Flew in from Texas for the game.  That was beyond disappointing.  Waited way too long to put Ashford in when it was clear as day that PSU was bringing heat and daring us to beat them 1v1.  The o line is a sieve and TJ barely had time to throw, meaning you put in Robby can at least extend a play or play read option to relieve pressure.

Ultimately it doesn't matter who is the backfield though.  A senior filled O line can't block worth a damn and that's not getting fixed in a week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Surprised Auburn wanted him to stay, and Oregon wanted him to go there, since he’s so bad and everything.

He’s mediocre at best…because they signed him doesn’t mean that he’s good! You watch more football!

2 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

He’s mediocre at best…because they signed him doesn’t mean that he’s good! You watch more football!

Glad you are explaining all this to me. The top team of the Pac (whatever) wanted him, got him and he’s now there starting QB, that just crushed the number 12 team in the nation today.  But he is mediocre at best. I think, I understand now. Thank you.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

No he didn't. Mason made adjustments at half-time that helped IIRC. Not sure about Bobo.

His adjustments against LSU were nice but MSU's 40 unanswered points, South Carolina, and the secondary struggling with zone were not

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He can recruit. That’s what AU needs . Create reasons to come to AU. Prime would do that

There's no way on God's green earth than Deion Sanders would come to Auburn. Florida State? Almost definitely if they offered him the job. Why would he throw away everything that he's built at JSU, including his rep, to coach at a school with hard-headed boosters, a notoriously short tolerance for losses (that are sure to come because we're gonna have to rebuild for 2-3 seasons), and a fan base that has abnormally unrealistic expectations. He doesn't even have any history here.

For his sake, I would hope that he'd decline the job.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

At this point, it’s just semantics. Harsin is a dead man walking. Hate it for him, but fact.

Do you think Harsin knows this and he is just phoning it in? The performance we saw today by both coaches and players leads me to believe a lot of them don't have their hearts or heads in the game. Maybe we stink that badly but I don't see much fire in this team either.

Just now, Dan-0 said:

Do you think Harsin knows this and he is just phoning it in? The performance we saw today by both coaches and players leads me to believe a lot of them don't have their hearts or heads in the game. Maybe we stink that badly but I don't see much fire in this team either.

He doesn’t strike me as that type; besides, it would be career suicide to pack it in. I think Hars has the right approach, he just doesn’t know how to execute it. I’m pulling for him to right things, but I do t have any real expectations that he can.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yep. I will say that at least if the season tanks, it gives us grounds to fire him. Letting him go if he won seven or eight games would have been a little rough. Now I’m not sure he will even win three games. There is not one single thing that this team is good at …and that starts with coaching. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. I will say that at least if the season tanks, it gives us grounds to fire him. Letting him go if he won seven or eight games would have been a little rough. Now I’m not sure he will even win three games. There is not one single thing that this team is good at …and that starts with coaching. 

I really wish I could disagree with any of this, but I got nuthin’

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Honestly u didn’t see improvement in Bo last year. He cut down on his turnovers. He did play crappy against GA State and as we can see that team is becoming very dangerous. Also it appears Zakobys suspension in the first half was just as critical. Bottom line he did improve and u have to believe a second year in the system would have done wonders.

Just this. There was enough mistakes by everyone but the ball falls on coaching. All the coaches have not done their job, especially Harsin. When you see the sloppy mistakes by veteran players as well as newcomers it’s because the coaches don’t have mental control of the players. They don’t hold them responsible, they don’t ride them hard enough at practice and they don’t teach them the mindset of champions. A lot of folks were mad about what I said last spring and this summer. Auburn will have one if it’s worst seasons since Shug was here and come December Auburn will finally fire Harsin and the whole coaching staff. The question is will AU learn anything. Rich isn’t the answer at AD but for AU to succeed the new AD will be a vital choice. If they don’t get it right AU will fall farther. If they do get it right maybe we will make an Honest attempt at finding a real D1 football coach and pay the price necessary and then we can rise back out of the ashes. 🤔🦅🦅🦅

• Like 1