Robby Ashford Embraces Being QB for Auburn

toddc

On 1/16/2023 at 4:17 PM, rexbo said:

With his elite running skills, he doesn't have to improve his throwing significantly for Auburn to move the ball consistently.  Just finally having an OL will make a big difference.  We all saw what a real (although elite) OL did for Nix at Oregon...

And take care of the football. That's my biggest concern with him.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:17 PM, rexbo said:

With his elite running skills, he doesn't have to improve his throwing significantly for Auburn to move the ball consistently.  Just finally having an OL will make a big difference.  We all saw what a real (although elite) OL did for Nix at Oregon...

A QB's primary job is to pass accurately. Running ability is nice but not essential. If Ashford can't improve his passing accuracy he either won't be the QB or we're in a world of hurt.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A QB's primary job is to pass accurately. Running ability is nice but not essential. If Ashford can't improve his passing accuracy he either won't be the QB or we're in a world of hurt.

Just means he doesn't have to be a 66%+ guy.

Nick Marshall was at 59% and the offense wrecked teams all year.

But, While I think Robby is faster, I think Nick was a better overall runner. Still though, if RA can up his % by 10% or more it could make it just about impossible for anyone currently on roster to overtake him.

40 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Just means he doesn't have to be a 66%+ guy.

Nick Marshall was at 59% and the offense wrecked teams all year.

But, While I think Robby is faster, I think Nick was a better overall runner. Still though, if RA can up his % by 10% or more it could make it just about impossible for anyone currently on roster to overtake him.

Nick Marshall had a unique skill of being situational aware of his surroundings that RA does not have.  I am not sure that is a teachable trait.  Nick Marshall was great for Auburn in the offense we ran at the time.

• Like 1

I’m not saying that RA should or will be our 1QB next season but

If he’s the guy, he will play better than last season simply because Harsins offensive didn’t suit his style of play.

Freeze’s offensive is better suited for RA.
Freeze is a better QB developer 

If he’s the guy next season he will be improved from what we saw last year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

A QB's primary job is to pass accurately. Running ability is nice but not essential.

L
O
L

How this changes

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

How this changes

Yes, it has changed considerably since the days of the wishbone. How far in the past are you living?