12 NCs? The real story!

ATLauburnfan

I think it's more inconsistent than it is bad.

We have to buck the trend of 7-10-6 wins sooner or later. :no:

To accomplish this task, wouldn't you need a COACH? B)

I think it's more inconsistent than it is bad.

We have to buck the trend of 7-10-6 wins sooner or later. :no:

To accomplish this task, wouldn't you need a COACH? B)

OHHHH! :cheer::cheer::moon::roflol:

Bama's motto should be "Claim all you want. We'll claim more!"

"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

Past Football National Champions

Auburn University - National Champions 1913, 1957, 1983, 1993, 2004

Even if you take the 2004 MNC away, the AP still lists us at 4. But who's counting. We are too busy trying to win games to live in the past.

"I've got a subscription to Golf Digest. I may ask them to vote us No. 1" - Tubby after the 2005 Sugar Bowl

Link: http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/ga...0103_AUB@VATECH

Your Link BTW doesn't include 2004 :rolleyes:

but does include this:

University of Alabama - National Champions 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1945, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1992

:ua: bowl winning percentage: 57%

:au: bowl winning percentage: 53%

It's actually a little closer than that.

:ua: 59%

:au: 56%

Link

Still doesn't provide anything other than Bammer having a past. Cling to it tightly, win. We both know

they sure as hell don't have a now.

No team has consistently dominated bowl games. Just listing off some all-time greats... Tennessee is 24-21, Nebraska is 22-21, Texas is 22-21 (yet another team that debunks your previous statement), and neither Michigan, Ohio State, or Notre Dame have winning bowl records.

Not true...better check that statement again...Seems Penn St. does just fine in bowl games....

Link

No team has consistently dominated bowl games. Just listing off some all-time greats... Tennessee is 24-21, Nebraska is 22-21, Texas is 22-21 (yet another team that debunks your previous statement), and neither Michigan, Ohio State, or Notre Dame have winning bowl records.

Not true...better check that statement again...Seems Penn St. does just fine in bowl games....

Link

Dominated? Winning 24 out of 38 games is "consistently dominating" to you? They're % would probably be among the best, but it's far from domination.

You're reaching. Big time.

And TIS, they didn't factor in ties. Just W's and L's. Either way. . . Hey, and thanks for the link! I can now add "most points scored in bowl games" to our accomplishments. ;)

The titles we claim have indeed been awarded to us. None of it's come from the rigged website of a 17 year old, a golf magazine, or a small, southeast Alabama newspaper, either.

That's laughable. Several of yor claimed NCs were awarded retoactively by systems that didn't even exist in the year you claim the NC. That makes the ones you mention just as credible since they we at least awarded in the year in question.

The titles we claim have indeed been awarded to us. None of it's come from the rigged website of a 17 year old, a golf magazine, or a small, southeast Alabama newspaper, either.

That's laughable. Several of yor claimed NCs were awarded retoactively by systems that didn't even exist in the year you claim the NC. That makes the ones you mention just as credible since they we at least awarded in the year in question.

While you are 100% coorect, alas, the TRUTH does not matter to most uaters. After all, the PAST is ALL they have left ! ! !

• 2 weeks later...

I say let them count that they have 12 NC. They sure don't have anything else - except maybe arrogance.

Nothing else = #1 in nation in all-time bowl appearances and wins, #4th best all-time winning percentage, the most SEC championships - 21, 780 wins... Yeah, nothing else.

you forgot MOST BOWL LOSSES....

First of all, your statement is incorrect. Nebraska's lost more. Link: http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i...owl_history.php

Also, sir, we've lost more bowl games than you've won. I'd rather go to a bowl and lose, than stay at home with grandma in Lee County.

You're hilarious.

Dude, is your mom tellin' you all this crap, cause it is absolutely genius! Man, you are wiser than the amazing Bamafan34. In case you don't remember ( :thumbsdown: anburn) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some claim that we've been "handed" more NCs... yet, we've also been screwed out of a couple as well. It all works out.

This is an argument you A) shouldn't be in and B) stand no chance of winning. You guys like to say that we have 6 national titles. . . your so called "legit" 6 is much higher than what you have. Plus, our #1 spot in SEC championships, #1 spot nationally in all-time bowl appearances/wins, and all-time winning % is so much higher it doesn't make very good sense to pick an argument on your part.

Celebrate your winning streak in the series and upcoming NYD bowl game all you want. You have every right to do so. But, don't start the whole "Bama doesn't have 12" argument when, no matter what we have, it is significantly higher than you. That's the equivalent of us making fun of AU when you got left out in '04. Well... you beat us and went 13-0. Same situation here. Neither side has any room to talk IMO.

I only tell folks we have the 57 nc. But at the same time I do not see how you guys can claim 12. You seem to be a very logical oriented bama fan, I have met some that I just...I don't even know how to explain. I am sure you can say the same about some auburn people. Point is, the past is the past. I don't fault or blame bama nation for bringing up the past as I probably would too if the tables were turned. The present and future is all that matters. On another note. Why do most bama fans and auburn fans hate each other? Over college football? Give me a break, everyone needs to grow up. It is a sport and we are all proud of our schools, yes. But the way we treat each other is atrocious. I am guilty of this too and wish to change it.

I only tell folks we have the 57 nc. But at the same time I do not see how you guys can claim 12. You seem to be a very logical oriented bama fan, I have met some that I just...I don't even know how to explain. I am sure you can say the same about some auburn people. Point is, the past is the past. I don't fault or blame bama nation for bringing up the past as I probably would too if the tables were turned. The present and future is all that matters. On another note. Why do most bama fans and auburn fans hate each other? Over college football? Give me a break, everyone needs to grow up. It is a sport and we are all proud of our schools, yes. But the way we treat each other is atrocious. I am guilty of this too and wish to change it.

Welcome to the state of Alabama.

You'll get it soon enough.

I say let them count that they have 12 NC. They sure don't have anything else - except maybe arrogance.

Nothing else = #1 in nation in all-time bowl appearances and wins, #4th best all-time winning percentage, the most SEC championships - 21, 780 wins... Yeah, nothing else.

you forgot MOST BOWL LOSSES....

First of all, your statement is incorrect. Nebraska's lost more. Link: http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i...owl_history.php

Also, sir, we've lost more bowl games than you've won. I'd rather go to a bowl and lose, than stay at home with grandma in Lee County.

You're hilarious.

Got your wish didn't you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: That's 5!

• 4 weeks later...

That and $149,999 still won't buy you a Defensive Lineman.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: .......As Floyd, the Barber, from Andy Griffith would say....You guys are a bunch of LLLOOOOOSERS.

Yea....me too. So, bammer fans you can #@%$*$ off, for all I care.....and I don't care. :big::poke:

Archived