Chizik going to go after Tana Patrick

HuntsvilleTiger

I think the biggest thing for Bama will be replacing an offensive line that not only loses Caldwell, Davis and Smith, but both tight ends as well (Bama usually had one or both on the field at the same time). You don't plug in 4 or 5 new guys to a line and just pick up like nothing happened. Couple that with a new QB and the offense may struggle a good bit early in the year.

i totally overlooked the TEs. the majority of the time, while in a 1 TE set, he went in motion and acted as a FB for a running play. however, in a two TE set we had some multiples. we will get to use Colin Peek in 09 (GT transfer), and we will still have Preston Dial. we're only a few days into the Michael Williams at TE experiment (converted LB), so we'll see how that goes. we have plenty of bodies there, but not alot of PT. TE will be a question mark as well, but not a team-defining one imo.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the biggest thing for Bama will be replacing an offensive line that not only loses Caldwell, Davis and Smith, but both tight ends as well (Bama usually had one or both on the field at the same time). You don't plug in 4 or 5 new guys to a line and just pick up like nothing happened. Couple that with a new QB and the offense may struggle a good bit early in the year.

i totally overlooked the TEs. the majority of the time, while in a 1 TE set, he went in motion and acted as a FB for a running play. however, in a two TE set we had some multiples. we will get to use Colin Peek in 09 (GT transfer), and we will still have Preston Dial. we're only a few days into the Michael Williams at TE experiment (converted LB), so we'll see how that goes. we have plenty of bodies there, but not alot of PT. TE will be a question mark as well, but not a team-defining one imo.

I hate to be the one that tells you this.( no not really) But this not your daddy's Bama team where you just plug in the next guy. Saban's good but he's not that damn good. I hear this same bullsh*t in 93 Oh we have three more just like them on the bench! If they were so good why did your starers have to play 99% of the snaps? And you don't replace Smith and Caldwell. But your schedule will save you.

Turds still win at least 9 game's, Maybe more

I hate to be the one that tells you this.( no not really) But this not your daddy's Bama team where you just plug in the next guy. Saban's good but he's not that damn good. I hear this same bullsh*t in 93 Oh we have three more just like them on the bench! If they were so good why did your starers have to play 99% of the snaps? And you don't replace Smith and Caldwell. But your schedule will save you.

You're right Woody, Saban hasn't been at bama a full 2 years yet, has he? So no one knows how good he is yet. Bammer loses a ton of guys on the offense and the replacements have very little PT. It will hurt them early.

You're right Woody, Saban hasn't been at bama a full 2 years yet, has he? So no one knows how good he is yet. Bammer loses a ton of guys on the offense and the replacements have very little PT. It will hurt them early.

This will mark his third recruiting class.

you guys said the saaaaaaaame thing last year about how our 2008 season would end up. we lost some key guys on OL and on defense, so those would be our weaknesses in 08. both couldn't have been farther from the truth as it turns out. we just really have no way of knowing right now, but i'm not too terribly worried.

btw WOODY, our starters didn't play 99% of the snaps. in some games we even had third stringers coming in early (Arky, AU, etc). the Arkansas game specifically we flat out started emptying the bench in the second half. a mix of second and third stringers managed to score on your first string D, so apparently they did something right. unless you have been following our team closely and following recruit progress closely, how can you say that we don't have talent? you're right, we don't have another Smith or Caldwell on the bench. however, those are two mighty large measuring sticks to compare a guy to, Smith in particular. there are plenty of guys that aren't as good as him, but are still pretty good. whats scary is, if CNS continues recruiting like he has, we will eventually have that talent pool where you can just plug in the next guy.

The West will be a 4-team race in 2009, imo with MSU/Ark not being as terrible as others think.

One of the reasons I thought Bama would surprise in 2007/2008 was because I felt their talent was in reality just as good as the other teams in the West even though the media tried their best to say otherwise

I think that exact same logic applies in 2009 but on the otherside of the fence. I don't think AU is in reality that much less talented than UA or even LSU. I think Ole Miss has enough talent to win the West.

When teams win, their fans suddenly think it is a lock to repeat the following year even though the odds are against them (not named UF) especially with a loss at substantial major positions

When teams win, their fans suddenly think it is a lock to repeat the following year even though the odds are against them (not named UF) especially with a loss at substantial major positions

I'm not a big believer in history as a factor in predicting seasons--but if I thought history mattered, I'd say the history of Bama's last few 10-win seasons predicts catastrophy for them next year. :rolleyes:

Looks like Chizik is going to go after Tana Patrick...definitely a good sign!

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Having Lolley talking to Patrick is good since he's the North Jackson former head coach.

if CTT couldn't manage to sway him, what exactly i$ Gene Chizik $uppo$ed to accomplish? what is it again about Chizik's head coaching career that is so attractive to recruits?

Hmmm, I don't know why he would be able to recruit a defensive player..... :poke: Why don't you tell us all about North Jackson, how long Coach Lolley's coached there, and what kind of influence he has up there? Especially since you have sacked some grocries for some Foley players momma and you have all the best inside scoop on all the recruits evar! You know about as much as what is going through these recruits mind as I do and that is none.

I am not saying we get him but having Coach Lolley go talk to him can't hurt things for us. Glad to see Chizik sending someone up there.

my point is simply this: CGC or whoever he sends isn't going to go into an Alabama lean's house and suddenly make them see the light that they need to come to AU. if CTT couldn't do it, CGC isn't going to. feel free to save this thread and rail me if i'm wrong, but i see Chizik ending up much like Mike Shula.....excellent position or assistant coach, not a great head coach. Chizik won't be even close to what CTT was and will probably be gone in 3 years.

Lets see if I know of one kid personaly that was a biggest mullet fan as he could be and we got him, you my know him his from Trussville.....B. Cox

Looks like Chizik is going to go after Tana Patrick...definitely a good sign!

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Having Lolley talking to Patrick is good since he's the North Jackson former head coach.

if CTT couldn't manage to sway him, what exactly i$ Gene Chizik $uppo$ed to accomplish? what is it again about Chizik's head coaching career that is so attractive to recruits?

Hmmm, I don't know why he would be able to recruit a defensive player..... :poke: Why don't you tell us all about North Jackson, how long Coach Lolley's coached there, and what kind of influence he has up there? Especially since you have sacked some grocries for some Foley players momma and you have all the best inside scoop on all the recruits evar! You know about as much as what is going through these recruits mind as I do and that is none.

I am not saying we get him but having Coach Lolley go talk to him can't hurt things for us. Glad to see Chizik sending someone up there.

my point is simply this: CGC or whoever he sends isn't going to go into an Alabama lean's house and suddenly make them see the light that they need to come to AU. if CTT couldn't do it, CGC isn't going to. feel free to save this thread and rail me if i'm wrong, but i see Chizik ending up much like Mike Shula.....excellent position or assistant coach, not a great head coach. Chizik won't be even close to what CTT was and will probably be gone in 3 years.

Lets see if I know of one kid personaly that was a biggest mullet fan as he could be and we got him, you my know him his from Trussville.....B. Cox

Alabama never even offered Brandon Cox. Fran decided we needed more of a running QB and Cox didn't fit that bill, and was never offered afaik. we ended up signing Brandon Avalos, a dual-threat QB from Tuscaloosa. anyway, to sum up your post:

fail.

Alabama never even offered Brandon Cox. Fran decided we needed more of a running QB and Cox didn't fit that bill, and was never offered afaik. we ended up signing Brandon Avalos, a dual-threat QB from Tuscaloosa. anyway, to sum up your post:

fail.

Translation - we didn't want him anyway. I wish I had $1 everytime I have heard a Bammer say that.

I'm not a big believer in history as a factor in predicting seasons--but if I thought history mattered, I'd say the history of Bama's last few 10-win season predicts catastrophy for them next year. :rolleyes:

A fact they are prone to forget. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fail.

Translation - we didn't want him anyway. I wish I had $1 everytime I have heard a Bammer say that.

uhhhh, what is there to translate? when a team doesn't offer a kid, that generally means they do not want him. i guess using your logic, i could make the case that you guys really really really wanted JPW.....even though AU didn't offer him. your post makes absolutely no sense relative to Alabama offering Brandon Cox. AU fans have recently mastered the "we didn't want him anyway" phrase in 08, and especially now with all these guys jumping ship on the 09 class.

fail.

uhhhh, what is there to translate? when a team doesn't offer a kid, that generally means they do not want him. i guess using your logic, i could make the case that you guys really really really wanted JPW.....even though AU didn't offer him. your post makes absolutely no sense relative to Alabama offering Brandon Cox. AU fans have recently mastered the "we didn't want him anyway" phrase in 08, and especially now with all these guys jumping ship on the 09 class.

I guess using your logic you are a legend in your own mind. My post makes absolutely loads of logic in relation to bammer & bammer fans.

Brandon Cox is gone and graduated and never lost to the turds. For that he has my admiration.

As far as kids jumping ship, I can't think of anyone on this board that has said "we didn't want him anyway,"

so your statement is total BS.

I'm not a big believer in history as a factor in predicting seasons--but if I thought history mattered, I'd say the history of Bama's last few 10-win season predicts catastrophy for them next year. :rolleyes:

That's yet another one of them there, uat traditions.....FEAR THE THUMB PART II. (i'm sure quiet fan knows what I mean here...)

fail.

I guess using your logic you are a legend in your own mind. My post makes absolutely loads of logic in relation to bammer & bammer fans.

Brandon Cox is gone and graduated and never lost to the turds. For that he has my admiration.

As far as kids jumping ship, I can't think of anyone on this board that has said "we didn't want him anyway,"

i see you had nothing meaningful to reply to my point with, hence your jibberish.

i remember a few "if they're not man enough to be Auburn men, then i don't want them" type phrases being thrown around here in a few threads, but whatever. my statement was a blanket generalization and didn't apply to any one particular poster or board.

fail.

i see you had nothing meaningful to reply to my point with, hence your jibberish.

i remember a few "if they're not man enough to be Auburn men, then i don't want them" type phrases being thrown around here in a few threads, but whatever. my statement was a blanket generalization and didn't apply to any one particular poster or board.

Provide the links. Ohhhh I see your blanket generalizations are A OK but no one else is allowed to use them. We all know where you are coming from,

bearbacknick.jpg

fail.

Provide the links. Ohhhh I see your blanket generalizations are A OK but no one else is allowed to use them. We all know where you are coming from,

bearbacknick.jpg

i'm not going to go back through pages and pages and pages and days and days of yalls meltdown to find the posters that said it. you guys get away with it all the time, and i'm not going to do your homework for you. there are people on other boards who said it as well. when we ask you guys to show us where somebody said something you claim its our problem and you don't have to find it, so why should i?

fail.

bearbacknick.jpg

i'm not going to go back through pages and pages and pages and days and days of yalls meltdown to find the posters that said it. you guys get away with it all the time, and i'm not going to do your homework for you. there are people on other boards who said it as well. when we ask you guys to show us where somebody said something you claim its our problem and you don't have to find it, so why should i?

So you can't back up with hard facts when you run off at the mouth. Trust you. Nope. If you can't back it up with a link then we can only assume you are full of crap. <_< What, what we already knew that? Ok. :whistle:

fail.

bearbacknick.jpg

So you can't back up with hard facts when you run off at the mouth. Trust you. Nope. If you can't back it up with a link then we can only assume you are full of crap. <_< What, what we already knew that? Ok. :whistle:

hey, thats cool. don't worry, anytime you say anything here i will make sure you have a link to back it up since thats how things are here.

fail.

i'm going to need to see a link to prove Alabama fans say this about guys we offer, otherwise i will have no choice but to assume you are full of crap.

fail.

i'm going to need to see a link to prove Alabama fans say this about guys we offer, otherwise i will have no choice but to assume you are full of crap.

That's what happens when you assume.

"The Bahr is back and his name is Nick"? OMFG! Youse bastids is a sho-nuff hoot! Does this mean the distillery where they make Old Forrester is going to have to put on a second shift?

Oh please let this be the thread that gets him banned forever. Christmas is less than a day away!

Seriously, we've done the link war before where RWS spammed threads demanding links about everything said, but failed to produce his own. I believe it started because he was told to produce a link and he got in a tissy.

Ignoring him is no longer enough. Please Santa, make Christmas the best ever.

Oh please let this be the thread that gets him banned forever. Christmas is less than a day away!

Seriously, we've done the link war before where RWS spammed threads demanding links about everything said, but failed to produce his own. I believe it started because he was told to produce a link and he got in a tissy.

Ignoring him is no longer enough. Please Santa, make Christmas the best ever.

We've heard announcers speak of the running backs whose "feet never stop moving".

With rws, it is whose "mouth never stops moving". :yes:

fail.

I hate to always go back to this...well, no I don't....THIS IS AN AUBURN BOARD WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT TO BAMMER MORONS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TAKE COUSIN EDDIE OUTSIDE AND HELP HIM EMPTY HIS *******...IT'S FULL.

Archived