Updyke Allegedly Attacked

jaredm2012

You're thinking exactly the way his lawyer wants. Psychiatric help was also mentioned. A prank gone bad, that he didn't realize was so bad. HOGWASH !!! This is exactly what his lawyer wanted. This guy is a fanatic and a lunatic - but no more than half a million other bammer bozos in this state. He only did what a good many have thought about doing but didn't have the nerve. If he needs psychiatric help then so do they. Maybe a psychiatrist could do a group session at a bammer game half-time.

I didn't say that I believed him when he said it was a prank. He set out to hurt Auburn and succeeded. However, much to anyone's surprise, the potential punishment will be far more than what he had bargained for.

I think he's unstable. You said, "He only did what a good many have thought about doing but didn't have the nerve". The difference between stable/unstable, is that a stable person wouldn't act upon those nefarious thoughts.

Or perhaps he was just so blind with rage that he didn't think about the consequences. Which is also another trait of someone who may be mentally unstable.

If it is proven that he did in fact harm himself in order to get a change of venue(which is what I believe), I can see him pleading insanity and the judge giving it to him. This man is a nutcase. He's not only a harm to others, but himself as well.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 or 16 grandchildren? Which is it, stupid?

Not only did he poison the trees, but his family is continuing to poison the gene pool.

How many children does he have? Did Bear and Crimson have 8 kids each? :blink:

he has three that he has mentioned...he wanted to name his youngest daughter Ally Bama Updyke but his wife balked.

but she was cool with Bear Bryant and Crimson Tyde.....and he always spells out T-Y-D-E.....like that makes a difference. :roflol:

Different wife. That one had at least a smidgin of good sense for one minute.

15 or 16 grandchildren? Which is it, stupid?

Not only did he poison the trees, but his family is continuing to poison the gene pool.

How many children does he have? Did Bear and Crimson have 8 kids each? :blink:

he has three that he has mentioned...he wanted to name his youngest daughter Ally Bama Updyke but his wife balked.

but she was cool with Bear Bryant and Crimson Tyde.....and he always spells out T-Y-D-E.....like that makes a difference. :roflol:

Different wife. That one had at least a smidgin of good sense for one minute.

If I had been the one he was asking to marry after he already have Bear and Crimson I would have had to wonder about his mind if he thought it was a good idea to name his kids that.

I'm naming my first born "Aubie" and my second "War Damn Eagle, Bo Knows, [last name]"

LOL, I prefer those names but I would have to wonder about your mind also. :poke:

I'm naming my first born "Aubie" and my second "War Damn Eagle, Bo Knows, [last name]"

LOL, I prefer those names but I would have to wonder about your mind also. :poke:

In all actuality, if one were to have a girl and named Aubrey, you could get away with "Aubie".

Regardless, I wouldn't do that to my future children.

The 500 pound gorilla hiding in the room is those EPA charges. Updyke dumped a big load of a controlled substance in a public place with intent to harm. Charges of Environmental Terrorism are not out of the question. They have a bunch of lesser charges if they don't want to go that far.

Farmers and timber managers have been fined and given parole for accidentally mis-using the stuff. The Feds will pursue Updyke with some big charges. Several years in then jug at least

One more person is going down. That's whoever gave him the SpikeDF80. Updyke wouldn't have the knowledge to know to buy that stuff, nor the money to purchase a gallon of it. However, the guy whose house he was crashing in at Dadeville, a fellow bamzo, works on brush control on power and gas lines. He would use that chemical in his work and know how to get it. That guy is in as much hot water as Updyke, his turn just hasn't come up yet.

Precisely! The Feds will have to do something because if they do not, precedence will be set that obviates the warning labels on such things. There will be another shoe to drop and it won't be Harv's.

I absolutely think that Updyke is a complete idiot, but I don't think it will do anyone any good for him to spend time in jail. His alleged actions were more than a silly prank, but if you look at it, it may not have been much more than that. Picture this:

Harvey Updyke, a complete and total Bammer, disabled from his job as a Texas State Trooper, sits alone in his trashy house wearing his elephant head while sobbing uncontrollably after watching his beloved Alabama Crimson Sabears get completely emasculated in the second half by his most hated team of orange-and-blue clad warriors. He is a drunk from a case of PBR mixed with the three extra Lortabs he took after AU scored to open the 3rd quarter (It seems he was developing increased pain from trying to do 24 push-ups a quarter earlier after being inspired by McElroy's one-finger salute. He only completed three and bruised his chin on a crushed PBR can as he collapsed onto the crimson shag carpet). Anyway, so he sits there in mental and physical agony after experiencing the worst loss in his pathetic 60+ years and ponders his life. He is divorced, and now separated from his 2nd wife. He has no friends. His kids Crimson and Bear Bryant haven't talked to him since the gerbil incident, and he is still irritated that he was not allowed to name his 3rd child Ali Bama. Then he sees those hated AU fans throwing toilet paper at Toomer's Corner. That puts him into a rage. "How dare they waste that Charmin! TP should only be used to wipe asses or to sit proudly above a Tide box while being hoisted into the air by a houndstooth clad redneck!" He stood up in a rage and threw his last beer can at the TV. His back hairs being ripped out as they stuck to the vinyl couch when he rose was the last straw. That is when he concocted his devious plan....

Anyway, my point is that if I was a Bammer (and had not yet committed suicide) and I was miserable with my life and had experienced such a horrible loss then I could see wanting to "get revenge". I feel bad for the guy and do not see how his incarceration will help anyone. I'd make him do community service. Even better, have Auburn University come out with such a statement and offer our forgiveness. Just my $0.02.

I absolutely think that Updyke is a complete idiot, but I don't think it will do anyone any good for him to spend time in jail. His alleged actions were more than a silly prank, but if you look at it, it may not have been much more than that. Picture this:

Harvey Updyke, a complete and total Bammer, disabled from his job as a Texas State Trooper, sits alone in his trashy house wearing his elephant head while sobbing uncontrollably after watching his beloved Alabama Crimson Sabears get completely emasculated in the second half by his most hated team of orange-and-blue clad warriors. He is a drunk from a case of PBR mixed with the three extra Lortabs he took after AU scored to open the 3rd quarter (It seems he was developing increased pain from trying to do 24 push-ups a quarter earlier after being inspired by McElroy's one-finger salute. He only completed three and bruised his chin on a crushed PBR can as he collapsed onto the crimson shag carpet). Anyway, so he sits there in mental and physical agony after experiencing the worst loss in his pathetic 60+ years and ponders his life. He is divorced, and now separated from his 2nd wife. He has no friends. His kids Crimson and Bear Bryant haven't talked to him since the gerbil incident, and he is still irritated that he was not allowed to name his 3rd child Ali Bama. Then he sees those hated AU fans throwing toilet paper at Toomer's Corner. That puts him into a rage. "How dare they waste that Charmin! TP should only be used to wipe asses or to sit proudly above a Tide box while being hoisted into the air by a houndstooth clad redneck!" He stood up in a rage and threw his last beer can at the TV. His back hairs being ripped out as they stuck to the vinyl couch when he rose was the last straw. That is when he concocted his devious plan....

Anyway, my point is that if I was a Bammer (and had not yet committed suicide) and I was miserable with my life and had experienced such a horrible loss then I could see wanting to "get revenge". I feel bad for the guy and do not see how his incarceration will help anyone. I'd make him do community service. Even better, have Auburn University come out with such a statement and offer our forgiveness. Just my $0.02.

Man!you are hell of a long way from being as vindictive as this old Tiger.

Anyway' date=' my point is that if I was a Bammer (and had not yet committed suicide) and I was miserable with my life and had experienced such a horrible loss then I could see wanting to "get revenge".[/quote']

You "get revenge" by cheering extra loud the next time your team wins. An act of malicious vandalism that violated federal laws and endangers an unknowing population should get prison time, and I hope his sentence is not short.

Archived