Jonathan Rose Update

RunInRed

"I've got to figure out when I'm going to make my decision, but most likely I'm going to be an Auburn Tiger,'' said Rose, a frequent visitor to campus. "No announcement yet, but you can almost bank I'm going to be an Auburn Tiger."

Rose said he would visit other schools "just to make sure."

He said he'll likely make his announcement by the middle of July.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2010/06/auburns_first_senior_mini-camp.html

JONATHANROSE11N10150.JPG

Jonathan Rose, CB

Leeds, AL

6'2 / 170 / 4.49

Offers (7+): Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Memphis, Mississippi State and Southern Miss, among others.

Notes: BCW attendee. Has consistently claimed AU as his leader.

Rankings

Rivals: 4-Star,. Rivals 100 Member (No. 60), No. 3 CB

Scout: 4-Star, No. 12 CB

This is excellent news. Not only that Rose appears ready to commit, but that we are going after and getting some top notch elite talent at DB.

I was concerned last year when we missed out on guys like Milliner, Williams, and Robinson and brought in guys like White, Davis, and McNeal. Granted, I am very happy to have those guys on board and based on this staff's ability to evaluate DB talent (Bates and Washington) I'm confident that they will turn out to be solid options for us. I mean, Mincy has an offer list from here to Shanghai, but he was not really considered a consensus "elite" player by any of the services - not just 4 or 5 star material but in actual evaluations.

Rose is almost universally considered one of the better corners in this year's class. Chris Jones is also highly thought of, and of course we lead for Erique Florence. We are in great need of some talent and depth in the secondary. Hopefully we can haul in some good ones this year!

Ryan

This kid is a stud with tons of upside. When's the last time we snagged a great DB with his height? Also agree that if we add Florence and Jones, we will be in very good shape in the Secondary.

when was the last time we signed a 4 star defensive back? Mike McNeil??? Geez it's about time. ROSE FLORENCE JONES!

Archived