Former HSAA OL Returning To Auburn in Jan.

aun

Here is old article on Aubrey Phillips:

Auburn has picked up a late addition to its 2009 signee class with offensive tackle Aubrey Phillips scheduled to join the team in August.

"I am going to play for Auburn," he tells Inside the Auburn Tigers. "I am getting ready to talk to Coach (Gene) Chizik about it."

The Tigers signed only two offensive linemen, John Sullen and Andre Harris, but U.S. Army All-American Phillips from Olive Branch High will be joining them next month after originally signing with FSU. However, he had a falling out with the FSU coaching staff and left Tallahassee.

Phillips notes that he chose Auburn over Arkansas on his second chance. Auburn will have to file a waiver to get the linemen eligible to play for the 2009 season. The offensive tackle came to Auburn on Sunday to discuss playing for the Tigers, who were one of the finalists for his signature after he took an official visit to Auburn in January.

Phillips says he doesn’t want to discuss in detail what happened with him and the Seminoles, but did say, “There was a misunderstanding and I didn’t think I was treated fairly. I want to go to a college where they really care about the players and I don’t think that was the case at FSU.”

Phillips took an official visit to Auburn last year as a senior at Olive Branch High School. The school from suburban Memphis put another player in the 2009 Auburn signee class, Daren Bates, a safety who is expected to join the Auburn team in August.

Phillips says he and Bates are good friends and is also played with 2010 Auburn commitment, Shun Coleman, an offensive lineman from Olive Branch, who committed to the Tigers in the spring.

The lineman also played defense in high school, but projects as an offensive tackle on the college level. He says that he currently stands "around 60 to 6-6" and weighs 336 pounds.

So he's returning to Auburn in January of 2011??  What class would he count against?  Whet about his eligibility?

I don't believe he would count against this years 25, just against the 85 total in general.

The point of this is???

Phillips was a BIG OL Signee and if he is in shape and ready to go, he could make a difference at Auburn.

The point of this is???

Phillips was a BIG OL Signee and if he is in shape and ready to go, he could make a difference at Auburn.

How many stars? (not that it matters)

Where is he now? It seems like this is a year old. Does it have any relevence to this year? It's like you read half a story leaving us to fill in the rest...I am confused.

He was blowing up the practice fields before he was unhealthy to play.  I hope he is healthy enough to return.  I remember him being a big get.

The point of this is???

How many stars? (not that it matters)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aubrey-Phillips-70383

profiile coming out of high school

Am I missing something?  This seems like a year old article, not current.

The article is old, because that's all I could find on him right now.

Thanks for the info.  So he is saying that he is coming back to AU?  When is he joining the team?  I'm guessing he wouldn't count against LOI's since he has been on the roster before, just against our 85 max?

Thanks for the info.  So he is saying that he is coming back to AU?  When is he joining the team?  I'm guessing he wouldn't count against LOI's since he has been on the roster before, just against our 85 max?

He will be joining the team for winter workouts and as far as I know, he will count against the 85 total.

Good to hear, we will need him to help with O-line depth.  I hope he is in shape or gets in shape quickly.  I wish the best for him and hope he remains healthy.

Archived