CHIZIK RECRUITS.

aun

I hope everybody realizes that CTT and his staff did recruit most of the starters on this team. I suspect he felt like AU quit on him. He had a very good run while he was here and many of the initial recruits for the current staff were already committed when CTT left. And don't say he quit. He was run out by the administration. You don't normally get the big buy out if you quit.

He was talking about the way xCTT got so worn down over the years. Tuberville didn't quit, nor was he fired. The way he puts it, he fired Auburn...and technically, that's correct. After Jetgate, he had it put in his contract that if Auburn contacts another coach about the head coaching job, then Tubs could walk with the buyout. They did, and he did.

Im not sure why it every matters what coach recruited who because in situations like ours this year, it obviously takes great players from both the previous and current staff to have this kind of success.  If Im not mistaken, xCTT recruited Jonathan Evans, Dee Ford, and Eltoro.  Jawara White signed with this staff but I believe he was heavily recruited and basically an AU lock in part due to xCTT.

It is a matter of CTT's legacy at Auburn and how he is perceived.  Coach Tubs should be always be appreciated for his efforts in bringing us out of a dark time in Auburn history.  Players were routinely getting in trouble toward the end of Bowden's tenure, and CTT cleaned that up and brought in good players who were also good kids.  I think he lost his heart for Auburn when the powers-that-be went behind his back to try to oust him.  Of course, they had valid reasons for trying to oust him: In 2003, Auburn started out ranked in the top 10 and the odds-on favorite to win the SEC.  We laid 2 huge eggs against USC and GT (We made a freshman Reggie Ball look like a world-beater).  Heck, we didn't score a touchdown until the Vanderbilt game.  It was obvious the Nallsminger was an epic disaster.  But the way the situation was handled was wrong, and everyone associated with Auburn suffered for it. 

I see now that it was time for Coach Tuberville to move on, but I appreciate the foundation that he laid upon which Chizik has been able to build to take us to our current level of success.   

Exceptionally well said! :thumbsup:

:bow: 

I wish CTT could also have his name put on the new indoor facility that is being built as we speak. He sacrificed his last little bit of political capital to get that upgrade for Auburn.

No thanks.  A current coach in another conference that could coach in this league again shouldn't have his name on any AU structure.

I appreciate CTT's efforts while he was here, but it was time for him to move on when he left.  

I hope everybody realizes that CTT and his staff did recruit most of the starters on this team. I suspect he felt like AU quit on him. He had a very good run while he was here and many of the initial recruits for the current staff were already committed when CTT left. And don't say he quit. He was run out by the administration. You don't normally get the big buy out if you quit.

I think this senior class is the last class he really recruited hard for. And i did mean that he quit trying and not that he resigned.

Not to down play what CTT did as well as his staff, but the number of non-qualifiers they signed every year use to infuriate me to no end. As time went on the number seemed to increase.

Our team ranking took a major hit every year as well as the bodies we needed to compete. How many walk-ons did we play in 2009? Especially on special teams!

Yeah if you looked up our old classes on ESPN only a small fraction made big names or even started. On the other hand, he made more great players out of 2/3 stars than I ever saw.

The jury is still out on Tubberville for me. It did seem like he didn't really care about Auburn that last year. Nobody played inspired, and he refused to replace his coaching staff when they weren't producing or recruiting. He couldn't keep the team together, which is job one for a head coach.

This is the thing I LOVE about Chizik. From day one he had this team in order, and under his control, and as a unit, as a family. Tubberville was a good coach, but that is something he never managed to fully do. And I think Chizik was more involved in the success of the 2004 team than we knew.

Archived