Saban trying to talk Julio to return for Heisman....

wdeexit310

I heard on Jox today that Saban is trying to talk Julio to come back for 1 more yr, and that he would help him

win the Heisman!!!  I guess they will be throwing the ball next yr. instead of running it....He probably can buy

it for him like he did the other Heisman they have.....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were going to give Julio the Heisman, but he ended up dropping it. :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO!!  That's the funniest thing I have heard ALL DAY !!!

:bow: :bow:  :laugh: :laugh:  :bow: :bow:

They were going to give Julio the Heisman, but he ended up dropping it. :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO!!  That's the funniest thing I have heard ALL DAY !!!

:bow: :bow:   :laugh: :laugh:   :bow: :bow:

ROTFL please put in the quote HOF!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately for us , Julio is an NFL caliber receiver.

I'll be glad to see him move on soon !

Julie-O's attitude is what kills him now, when he goes pro that EGO will get even bigger. It will kill him and he will fail in the NFL.

Right now he has to worry about coaches getting on his butt...and that is part of what keeps his EGO under a little bit of control....You can see his piss poor attitude every time someone tackles him or something does not go his way. That will not work well at the next level for him.....Just look at the crap storm Rolondo is in right now.....attitude reflects leadership. 

Y'all better watch out, all the saban defenders from the "Saban is Desperate" thread will call you guys down for saying stuff about his tactics.  :D  :tease:

Its My opinion that Julio would never come close to winning the Heisman. Reason for this feeling is who will be throwing him the ball next season? Im not sure how many of you have noticed, But there is another Zow  - Watts battle forming in tuscaloosa. Whoever wins what is sure to be a controversial decision, will still be a first year QB with tons of distractions on his mind. If Julio is smart he would take the money and run. Last projection I seen on him he was rated as the #2 WR if he chooses to come out.

Y'all better watch out, all the saban defenders from the "Saban is Desperate" thread will call you guys down for saying stuff about his tactics.  :D  :tease:

I can't imagine that happening since everyone posting in this thread seems to thave made very lucid and intelligent posts.

A WR @ UAT is extremely fortunate to make the All-SEC team, much less an All-American team...

BUT THE HEISMAN????????

Key ingredient required = throwing the ball....

When has UAT EVER, in the last 50 years (or at least since Ozzie Newsome), thrown the ball enough for this type of expectation????

I can't imagine that happening since everyone posting in this thread seems to thave made very lucid and intelligent posts.

Didn't take long!  :laugh: :laugh:

The whole idea is a joke. TWO wide receivers have won the Heisman.  The first, Tim Brown, never should have won it.  He scored 8 touchdowns, had 34 receptions for 846 yards, rushed for 144 yards and had a decent bit of return yardage.  I can't even grasp how the voters picked him.  Desmond Howard won it in 1991 after a dominant season where he had 19 touchdown catches, 2 rushing TD's, and ran back a kickoff and a punt for TD's.  He had 1749 all purpose yards.  Few receivers get to score that much, and their own QB's tend to overshadow them.

I have a hard time seeing a receiver win it, unless that receiver scores on kickoffs and punt returns too.

Why comment on something heard on JOX?

But I'll say this.  Julio is a fantastic player.  He is the guy who beat us last year, by the way.  Everything I see on the field is pure football player.  He kills himself just as hard to make a block as he does to get open.

If Julio stays he might get humilated on National TV by a butt spanking from his coach...

But I'll say this.  Julio is a fantastic player.  He is the guy who beat us last year, by the way.  Everything I see on the field is pure football player.  He kills himself just as hard to make a block as he does to get open.

He is a decent football player, the only thing about him is that stupid "How dare you touch me, don't you know who I am?" look that he gives other players when they tackle him.

He is a decent football player, the only thing about him is that stupid "How dare you touch me, don't you know who I am?" look that he gives other players when they tackle him.

Quick, call the NFL GM's and let them know that Julio is only a "decent" player, they are about to make him a first round draft pick and waste a lot of money on him. Mel Kiper has him the number 9 pick over all.

Kiper and those NFL guys obviously do not know what they are doing.

Quick, call the NFL GM's and let them know that Julio is only a "decent" player, they are about to make him a first round draft pick and waste a lot of money on him. Mel Kiper has him the number 9 pick over all.

Kiper and those NFL guys obviously do not know what they are doing.

Not to be disagreeable but those NFL guys are wrong quite a bit.  See the absence of ryan leaf, jamarcus russell, matt leinart, vince young, alex smith, and every 1st round wr picked by the detroit lions up until calvin johnson from pro bowl games and some even from the league.

Not to be acrimonious, but I just don't get how loving Auburn implies you can't admire a kid who plays for Bama.  And of all the guys for Auburn people to bash.

2009:  the guy breaks a 70 yard TD against us on a freaking pop screen, then converts three third and fourth down situations on the game-winning drive (albeit on illegal pick plays).

2010: the guy 170 yards on us in the first half.  Thank God we made some kind of adjustment. 

I don't know how he'll do in the NFL, but he's been fabulous in college.  And no one can deny his work ethic or team outlook.

Archived