Will we speed it up or slow it down?

amsterjam

What will be the tempo of our offense? Will we run a fast paced offense and sub more on defense, or will we slow it down to keep our defense as fresh as we can? :dunno:

I believe Malzahn will run the O as they have all season. You make a game plan to attack their D, but you don't change what got you there mostly. JMHO

However with that said the team has been playing faster at certain parts of practice when they go 1st team O vs 1st team D to help the D adjust to faster pace. Coach Chizik said it was difficult to get that speed on from scout team, but when the first teams went head to head they were able to get that pace Oregon runs.

Who knows if that parlays into what we see as a faster tempo in the game from our O? :we:

DWWD all year ! I believe we will have our best game of the year offensively and defensively !  :wareagle:We READY ! Their not !

I have a hunch that we will play fast to the line of scrimmage and then once we are lined up and they can not substitute, we will be much more deliberate and run clock.

I also think we will try to do a lot of the same things we did against LSU. I think we will give our O-line a chance to do its job and let our backs run behind them until they stop the run.

We'll slow it down. Playing quickly would be playing to their strength, not ours

Pretty sure our coaches will play their game and not worry about it. Playing quickly is what we've done all season long and we're 13-0 doing so. I don't expect to see any change in tempo.

What will be the tempo of our offense? Will we run a fast paced offense and sub more on defense, or will we slow it down to keep our defense as fresh as we can? :dunno:

Both. Malzahn will make the necessary adjustments as the game goes along. If its time to wear them down... he will... if its time to eat clock... he will.

Simple enough.

I have a hunch that we will play fast to the line of scrimmage and then once we are lined up and they can not substitute, we will be much more deliberate and run clock.

I also think we will try to do a lot of the same things we did against LSU. I think we will give our O-line a chance to do its job and let our backs run behind them until they stop the run.

I could not agree more. We need to keep our D off the field as much as possible. Keep them fresh and nasty!

As we have all year the pace will very upon situation. That said gassing there D could cause them to slow their pace to a degree allowing for them to rest.  I see a steady defense pounding them as much as possible.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Oregon come out and slow their offensive pace down to throw us off. With all the talk of how fast Oregon plays, it could happen just to mess up the expectations.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Oregon come out and slow their offensive pace down to throw us off. With all the talk of how fast Oregon plays, it could happen just to mess up the expectations.

How will that affect Oregon though? Changing things to throw Auburn off might actually benefit Auburn.

How will that affect Oregon though? Changing things to throw Auburn off might actually benefit Auburn.

I agree, if they did this we would easily adjust. It would be right in our wheelhouse.

I agree, if they did this we would easily adjust. It would be right in our wheelhouse.

absolutely, thats the benefit of having an offense that can speed it up or slow it down. Gives the defense a chance to prepare for both.

If you watch Malzahn... he will unleash the speed at the perfect time when the defense leasts expect it.

I cant wait.

I CANT WAIT!

one of my favorite memories of this season was when darvin caught the 4rth down pass in iron bowl. it was huge in exitement and relief for everyone but gus immediatly started giving his hurryup signals and calling the next play, while chizik patted him on the rear shaking his head. he dont let success get in the way of the gameplan.

Think Auburn vs LSU.

I think the goal is like the SEC CG.  Go fast to get a lead and the grind it out.

The point was the way Auburn ran the ball down LSU's throat and made them like it. If Auburn can do that to LSU, they can certainly do the same to the Duckies who's DL is smaller by an average of 60 lbs.

Think Auburn vs LSU.

I think the goal is like the SEC CG.  Go fast to get a lead and the grind it out.

The point was the way Auburn ran the ball down LSU's throat and made them like it. If Auburn can do that to LSU, they can certainly do the same to the Duckies who's DL is smaller by an average of 60 lbs.

Ziemba is going to throw one of those DE's across the field.

Ziemba is going to throw one of those DE's across the field.

For some reason this comes to mind.

"I must break you." - Dolph Lundgren, Rocky IV

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ivan-drago-aka-dolph-lundgren-i-must-break-you/0c11b64db5397fba43cd0c11b64db5397fba43cd-390047006919?q=i+must+break+you+video&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR1

Archived