Roof deserves Praise.

rollsroyce5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ted Roof was great,  Defense was great,  Do not forget  Kick and Punt coverage teams were GREAT.

Best part is this staff will be back........

Dementruce McNeal with the hustle play that led to THE goal line stand

:wareagle:

Remember what Coach Chizik said after the Bama game talking to A.C..  You never know what play it will be that makes the difference.  Great hustle.

hahahahahahaha =

Laughable compared to all the people that wanted him gone throughout the season.

Auburns defense saved the night... What an incredible performance by those kids on that side of the ball.

Maybe this thread is a little uncalled for... but you have to give Roof his due credit for the job his defense did tonight.

I think the Pac-10/ Oregon  found out very quickly what an SEC defense is all about.

Give Auburn another couple of years and we will have the old school defense back in business.

Roof did a phenomenal job in preparing this defense to attack the most prolific offense in College Football.

National Champs! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Our Defense played with everything they had tonight....and then some. No one has more heart than those kids did tonight. I have NEVER been more proud of a team in my life. When it REALLY counted...the defense carried the team on their back. It was an amazing performance.

AMEN, WDE, TED ROOF !!!

I'll admit I was actually shocked by our D play.  I was worried, but our D continued to improve all season and our last 10 quarters have shown we will continue to play D the way we all expect Auburn to play.  This game was won by our D and I would have never thought that possible.  Grats coach Roof! You deserve a place in Auburn lore!

Roof = underrated DC...

Get him some more players in this class and I fully expect to see the AU D of old return... to go along with our O....

Those of you who were calling for a lynching earlier, think on this...

It is not how one starts a race, but rather how one finishes a race that determines the winner...

Roof = a winner... won the race!!!!

Our punt and kick off teams are the most improved part of our team.  Ted Root has performed miracles with duct tape and bailing wire to make our defense much better than our reputation.  I am not so sure his coaching job was not the best of all our coaches - he did more with less than any other part of or team- Well done

Our punt and kick off teams are the most improved part of our team.  Ted Root has performed miracles with duct tape and bailing wire to make our defense much better than our reputation.  I am not so sure his coaching job was not the best of all our coaches - he did more with less than any other part of or team- Well done

Well said!!!! :thumbsup:

This team reflects the character of their coaches. They never give up. One thing I noticed all year that seems insignificant, but must mean something to the coaches, they always respectfully hand the ball back to the official.

How much was Roof and how much was Chizik and how much was the fact we just had superior players.  Are D gave up alot of yards but the points are what matters.  War Eagle coaches and war eagle players!

This team reflects the character of their coaches. They never give up. One thing I noticed all year that seems insignificant, but must mean something to the coaches, they always respectfully hand the ball back to the official.

CGC said he has them do that to cut down on post play incidents.... ;)

Maybe this thread is a little uncalled for...

Not at all! After all the criticism he's taken, even here, he ABSOLUTELY deserves a big shout out...but I can't do that without giving some big ups to Tracy Rocker for making this defensive line SO good and SO tough to deal with.

Kelly figured out why slimming down linemen to keep up the pace just doesn't work in the SEC. To be fair, though, it took us more than half a season to figure it out...course, it ended up bringing Chizik here, which in turn got us to Glendale, so maybe it'll be a good thing for them too, but uhh...

Roof = underrated DC...

Get him some more players in this class and I fully expect to see the AU D of old return... to go along with our O....

Those of you who were calling for a lynching earlier, think on this...

It is not how one starts a race, but rather how one finishes a race that determines the winner...

Roof = a winner... won the race!!!!

You can call them National Championship defense now. It tells you everything about Coach Roof and Coach Rocker you need to know.

Roof definitely deserves praise for the win against Oregon.

Speaking for myself, personally, I made knee-jerk remarks the likes of which you make after a bad play etc during the season. (Sorry!!!!!!!!)

How we finish is more important and WDE and thank GOD for what we have...

Archived