I know this has been said before...

AuburnGrad97

I am going to subscribe to Sirius/XM and switch to Rivals radio. 

Wait a minute, what about "AE Radio"?  All Auburn, All the Time!!!

Ok, the ideas are flowing in now.  "Recruiting Corner with ST, Jonesy and Mayor".  "AU Basketball Rebound" with AUswestbrook.  And the best part, whenever a bammer calls in, as soon as they open their mouth, a toilet flushing sound is played, and an announcement is made "Another Turd Bites the Dust".

Man, who's got some money to invest.  This could be AUsome!

That would be fun! ;D

I am a college student and don't have a lot of extra cash but I'd def be willing to put what extra I do have toward this idea. I say we all band together and get it done on our own. If we can get ST, Jonesy and Mayor on board and Auwestbrook and any others who would be willing to do the shows or know others who could do them. It would be the sweetest thing ever to be able to shut Bammers up in the middle of one of their rants.  :thumbsup::hellyeah:

We seriously do need an ALL AUBURN radio station. One without any bammers! Please mods any ideas!!!!

:banghead: :banghead:

For the low price of $34.99 per month you can call me everyday during the yet-to-be-determined 3 hour time slot for bama-free talk all about Auburn... WAIT! There's more...You can step up your commitment to the premiere deluxe edition for just a little bit more per month.  Your $69.99 gift ensures you an answer when calling as well as a "Save the Bird" bumper sticker.  This higher level not only comes with the peace of mind of having a real phone number, but as a preferred member it allows you the opportunity to be apart of the exclusive Diamond level club of contributors to the "Save the Bird" fund.

We seriously do need an ALL AUBURN radio station. One without any bammers! Please mods any ideas!!!!

For the low price of $34.99 per month you can call me everyday during the yet-to-be-determined 3 hour time slot for bama-free talk all about Auburn... WAIT! There's more...You can step up your commitment to the premiere deluxe edition for just a little bit more per month.  Your $69.99 gift ensures you an answer when calling as well as a "Save the Bird" bumper sticker.  This higher level not only comes with the peace of mind of having a real phone number, but as a preferred member it allows you the opportunity to be apart of the exclusive Diamond level club of contributors to the "Save the Bird" fund.

I'm ALL IN!

"I don't necessarily hold fbaum responsible for what happened, but I will admit that he encourages the hatred on his show.  The more outlandish and hate-filled the callers are, the more time he gives them on the air, which in turn encourages the next guy to be even more ridiculous."

The fact is this whole hate-Auburn/Lee Harvey Updyke incident can be laid directly on Fbum. He encourages the toothless mullet bammers to come on the air and spew their lies and hatred without interruption and the hate just escalates unchecked with every caller.

The real indictment of Fbum is that Lee Harvey Updyke called his show in hopes to get Fbum's approval. And Updyke did get a giggle and a "that's fair enough" from Fbum (approval enough for Updyke from the king of the mullets).

Fbum profits from keeping the hate alive...he is truly a cancer on radio. Fbum should be ashamed of himself but apparently he has no integity or conscience.

I remember finebaum sticking up for cam during and after the season, saying we did nothing wrong. ive never heard anybody on any show say that we bough a nat'l championship or that we were paying players. maybe the callers have but not the hosts.

Finebaum in no friend of Auburn. He says what he feels is in his own best interests, and what will pad his bank account with the most money. He's a snake in the grass.

This.  Does he join the masses in the Auburn bashing during the Cam investigation and get drowned out by the bigger media sources, or does he try to stand out and support the more controversial side?  Standing by Cam was a business decision.

How to increase your IQ and lower your blood pressure in one easy lesson- Stop listening to B'ham sports radio and start listening to The Allman Brothers! Or Stevie Ray.

weegs would say Barry Manilow

How to increase your IQ and lower your blood pressure in one easy lesson- Stop listening to B'ham sports radio and start listening to The Allman Brothers! Or Stevie Ray.

Weegs shouldn't have access to the play list on any radio show then... ;D

Weegs shouldn't have access to the play list on any radio show then... ;D

Well his second choice is Chris Cross

:tease:;D

It's definitely something to think about.  This has gotten crazy out of hand, for sure!  PF has been accused of being responsible for the tree poisoning; although I don't agree with that it was his fault, he definitley was stirring the pot in trying to get AU fans riled up enough to retailiate.  He kept playing Al from Dadeville's call over and over, especially the end.  He stirs the pot and that cannot be denied.  So perhaps a boycott of these media outlets would be best, especially for those of us who aren't able to let things roll off our shoulders.  I say we put our collective heads together and decide the best way to handle it.  We have until November 26.  Save it for then.

:zapbama:

I don't necessarily hold fbaum responsible for what happened, but I will admit that he encourages the hatred on his show.  The more outlandish and hate-filled the callers are, the more time he gives them on the air, which in turn encourages the next guy to be even more ridiculous.

so why do we keep talking about fbaum and listening to him? if we never mention or listen to him again he will just disappear....

It's definitely something to think about.  This has gotten crazy out of hand, for sure!  PF has been accused of being responsible for the tree poisoning; although I don't agree with that it was his fault, he definitley was stirring the pot in trying to get AU fans riled up enough to retailiate.  He kept playing Al from Dadeville's call over and over, especially the end.  He stirs the pot and that cannot be denied.  So perhaps a boycott of these media outlets would be best, especially for those of us who aren't able to let things roll off our shoulders.  I say we put our collective heads together and decide the best way to handle it.  We have until November 26.  Save it for then.

:zapbama:

I don't necessarily hold fbaum responsible for what happened, but I will admit that he encourages the hatred on his show.  The more outlandish and hate-filled the callers are, the more time he gives them on the air, which in turn encourages the next guy to be even more ridiculous.

so why do we keep talking about fbaum and listening to him? if we never mention or listen to him again he will just disappear....

actually he wont disappear, even if every single person on this board never listened to him again.

:tease:;D

:laugh: I love that line. Nice one.

I posted on here that I wrote the station manager of WJOX regarding Dunaway's twitter re. the "father didn't know his son was poisoning the trees" and included my email and the manager's response.  I was frankly accused of "hating" Dunaway (which I don't; in the Montgomery market that station is a breath of fresh air to the idiots we have on the air here) and told that I shouldn't be using twitter for real news.  My point was that at least I got a response which caused them to stop reading tider insider for a few seconds and try to use spell check.  I have now received a response from Dunaway (I am assuming that the Station Manager forwarded my email to him).  There is enough in there that at least the entire thing wasn't a form response.  Im my email I told the Station Manager that i would no longer listen (which I haven't) and I would not patronize their sponsors) which I haven't.

Here is Dunaway's response:

Ben,

Thank you for your email. Sorry for the delay, I'm trying to write every Auburn fan back who emailed me either on tv/radio.

I'm sorry for my mistake. I will not insult you by trying to say I understand your pain, because I know this cuts very deep to those who graduated from Auburn.

You should know that I've gotten hundreds of emails, and a large majority have been full of grace and class and lacking in anger and hatred.

If you listen to my show (I think you said you did in email) then you know our show is different from most in many ways. The biggest is our desire to have a show full of sports and laughter.

That's what makes my mistake even more devastating. I added to the pain for some Auburn fans and thousands of people who only saw threads on message boards think I'm a different person than I really am. But that's the penalty of a mistake.

There are no excuses. This was a mistake and it was my mistake.

Between newscast last week, about 5:35pm, Rivals reporter Travis Reier had posted a message that I thought was a news item. I sent that message out to the 7,000 people who follow me on twitter. The message looked like this. RT @MattScalici: RT @ travisreier Father who poisoned tree claims son knew nothing about it.

I didn't know that Travis was making a joke about the Cam Newton investigation. It was quickly brought to my intention by some good Auburn fans. This was totally my mistake for sending that message out, but was not done with malice or for humor.

It was my mistake.

The message came with no commentary or any following jokes...it was just what you see above. It was never mentioned on the radio (except in my apology) or on television. I try very hard for 4 hours a day on radio and 3 shows a night on television to be professional. In this case, I failed in a forum that I need to take more serious (twitter).

Again, this was my mistake, and I am deeply sorry.

Jim Dunaway

Host WJOX Roundtable

Anchor CBS-

My point is this which I think is coming out loud and clear in this thread.  Lets not whine on this message board about the media.  Lets whine to the media and their sponsors and make them spend resources justifying their actions.  Only way to get anything in this world in its current state.

WDE!!!!

My point is this which I think is coming out loud and clear in this thread.  Lets not whine on this message board about the media.  Lets whine to the media and their sponsors and make them spend resources justifying their actions.  

WDE!!!!

...or sign up for my premiere deluxe edition services.  ;)

BTW Benjazz, nicely done. You make an great point as to our dealings with media outlets. Thank you.

I actually think that response was decent. I do think people don't take Twitter and Facebook seriously until something like that happens. If you put your name on something then you better make dang sure it says what you want it to. I don't really know if it was on purpose or pure oversight. However, I think that your email and apparently many other Auburn fans emails got his attention. Well done!

Bird you have always been my favorite poster.  Although I think you would do better offering that service on tider insider.  LOL.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WDE!!

I would, but then I'd have to come up with a whole new pitch. Maybe something like this would be appropriate,

"For the same price as 3 cartons of your Marlboros, you can call and talk about bama anytime for free!  Don't run down to the gas station to call just yet, there's sooooo much more! As an added bonus to your pledge, we will send you, free of charge, your own personalized box of Tide with a roll of toilet paper securely fastened atop. What? Didn't hear me? Then brush back that party in the back and listen up! I'm giving you the opportunity to show the rest of the trailer park you are bama's #1 fan. The chance of a lifetime is NOW! With as little as half your trailer payment, every two weeks, you can show all of your cousins how much more committed to "the process" you are than they. Each and every time you pull out your very own...GIANT RED FOAM FINGER! BUT WAIT! We're just getting started! You are committed to the Tide, right?  Sure you are, that's why your love for the crimson won't be denied.  In just 56 easy payments, one for each or our National championships, you will achieve what only few bama greats have, the platinum bear hounds-tooth level! This crowning achievement symbolizes your unyielding devotion to the capstone. Your devotion to the university will be on display for all to see. As soon as you slap the newly minted hounds-tooth bumper sticker on. This isn't any ordinary bumper sticker, this one-of-a-kind piece of bama tradition features the silhouettes of the great bear and st. nick, it is truly in a class by itself.  This opportunity won't last forever, so hurry now and show your commitment to the crimson and white. 

Bird you have always been my favorite poster.  Although I think you would do better offering that service on tider insider.  LOL.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WDE!!

I would, but then I'd have to come up with a whole new pitch. Maybe something like this would be appropriate,

"For the same price as 3 cartons of your Marlboros, you can call and talk about bama anytime for free!  Don't run down to the gas station to call just yet, there's sooooo much more! As an added bonus to your pledge, we will send you, free of charge, your own personalized box of Tide with a roll of toilet paper securely fastened atop. What? Didn't hear me? Then brush back that party in the back and listen up! I'm giving you the opportunity to show the rest of the trailer park you are bama's #1 fan. The chance of a lifetime is NOW! With as little as half your trailer payment, every two weeks, you can show all of your cousins how much more committed to "the process" you are than they. Each and every time you pull out your very own...GIANT RED FOAM FINGER! BUT WAIT! We're just getting started! You are committed to the Tide, right?  Sure you are, that's why your love for the crimson won't be denied.  In just 56 easy payments, one for each or our National championships, you will achieve what only few bama greats have, the platinum bear hounds-tooth level! This crowning achievement symbolizes your unyielding devotion to the capstone. Your devotion to the university will be on display for all to see. As soon as you slap the newly minted hounds-tooth bumper sticker on. This isn't any ordinary bumper sticker, this one-of-a-kind piece of bama tradition features the silhouettes of the great bear and st. nick, it is truly in a class by itself.  This opportunity won't last forever, so hurry now and show your commitment to the crimson and white. 

Awesome.  Much better pitch than the previous one.

solid-gold.jpg

Archived