Old Picture of Jordan-Hare Stadium

I was hoping the picture would come up but it didn't. The picture was taken of the home side upper deck built and under that it showed 1 row of orange seats and then the next row was blue seats. It looked really cool. I wish it was that way today.

File:Stadium Expansion, Nov 1979 from Haley Center.jpgFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

FileFile historyFile links

Size of this preview: 800 × 566 pixels

Full resolution‎ (817 × 578 pixels, file size: 266 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons.

BTW, I just typed in Jordan-Hare Stadium in the search bar and a bunch of pictures came up. I couldn't copy them though. I saw pictures of Jordan-Hare that I've never seen before.

I wish we would redo all the seats like that for the 2011 season. One row of orange seats and the next row would be blue all around the Jordan-Hare.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember those seats were made of fiberglass and the back of your legs would itch for hours after sitting on them.

I didn't realize that. It would look cool if we would redo those seats so we'd have 1 row orange and the other blue all around Jordan-Hare.

• 2 weeks later...

That is cool. I love those orange&blue seats. We should go back to having orange&blue seats all around Jordan-Hare.

Here' a picture of Cliff Hare whenI was there. You can see Samford Hall in the background.

28a82e1.jpg

That's the way I remember it, golf. 

Funny. The only possible way you could see Samford Hall from JHS is the upperdeck :laugh:

That's Cliff Hare dummy not JHS. How do you think the picture was taken?

Funny. The only possible way you could see Samford Hall from JHS is the upperdeck :laugh:

That's Cliff Hare dummy not JHS. How do you think the picture was taken?

I'm talking about present day! And how much things have changed.. it's crazy.

Here ya go.

From the Saturday Evening Post November 15, 1958.  Not a fantastic picture of the stadium but interesting anyway.  That looks to be Cary or Miller Hall in the mid to upper right.  Ken Rice #75 lounging next to Coach Shug and Richard Wood #18.  Those are the only players I can identify off the top of my head.

And looks to be by the title of the article, they were even picking on us back then.

auburn58SEP.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived