Varez Ward tweet

Varez has some pretty interesting tweets.  Seems like he likes to have a good time on the weekends...  Hopefully it won't negatively affect his studies or his game. 

you think Varez Ward likes to have fun on the weekend.Chris Denson has fun 365/24/7.None of the basketball players ever tweet anything that is worth reading.i wouldnt suggest following them.

you think Varez Ward likes to have fun on the weekend.Chris Denson has fun 365/24/7.None of the basketball players ever tweet anything that is worth reading.i wouldnt suggest following them.

I agree. 

If he took that negatively ... well I hope not because of the following:

I think the overwhelming majority of the comments on the AE site are incredibly positive.  A great deal of the comments that may appear negative at first glance, are actually unique humor that is a common thread on AE.  I have only been commenting for a month or so, but have read this board for over a year.  It takes a little time, but you begin to figure out the different personalities and their "style".

Even those on here who may seldom have a negative comment ... that is rarely a typical trait of any poster.  Also, to that point, if a negative comment is made, it is usually quickly challenged by other folks and leads to productive debate.

I did not read anything in this thread as negative.  Actually I thought it was a humorous way of saying don't read their tweets because you dont want to see how much fun these guys are having ... or something like that.

Anyways ... WAR EAGLE Varez and Chris! ... We are glad to have you in Auburn and I look forward to driving over from Birmingham and bringing my kids to the Arena to watch you guys play this year.

I didnt see that much wrong with anything. He was just stating an opinion. Wasnt really a bash imo. Everyone here(for the most part) supports the players 100% anyway. Just saying You wont get much from following them on twitter

I think that maybe since this is more like a site that we try to keep clean for family purposes(which I love and I let my 11 year old son read because it is pretty clean) that AuBB probably meant that when you follow 18-22 year olds tweets, be prepared to read things that arent neccessarily for your kids to see. I know I follow quite a few recruits and currents players and I really have to guard checking them around my kids because they love to play with my phone and see whatever I am looking at.

Secondly, Aubball may have meant that if you follow players tweets you don't really get any inside info about the inner workings of our bball program. Just kids being kids and tweeting what they are doing or who they are doing just to be blunt. In other words no insider recruiting info, or injury info, or interesting tidbits about how Coach Barbee runs the program.

I think the intent was misunderstood and hope verez doesn't take it the wrong way after rereading the post.

Still don't see where I said anything negative about anyone.  Based on Ward's tweets over the past few months, the guy like to enjoy himself on the weekend.  Anyone who knew me in college would say the same thing about me.  I just said I hoped it did not negatively affect him in school or in basketball.  Don't see any harm here. 

War Eagle V. Ward, no bad feelings here, just hoping for the best for you and the rest of the Tigers on and off the court. 

On the bright side AUBB, we did get a V. Ward #shoutout....and according to the internets, that's a good thing!  (see reference below)

shout-out (n.) Slang. A public expression of thanks or gratitude

shout-out  A kind mention of a homey.

He is @vward50

that was funny ... :laugh:

But I can vouch for AuburnBasketball he is very good of keeping AE up to par for all AU basketball news and info.

well now that we are on the subject of players tweets apparently Chris Denson "pounded" on Willy Kouassi today.i dont know if that means he dunked on him or just dominated him. :thumbsup:

Archived