Hello NCAA Violations- Not Us

Todd From Talisi

Quick hijack...

LOVED Strutting Duck!  Wings were great and awesome pitcher specials!  Is it still there, I don't ever go down Wire Road when I am in Auburn...

Ok..carry on!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, augirl.  Strutting Duck -- totally underrated.  It had a great deck in the back also. I have no clue if it's still there. 

Wells said that "some of the time" he's bumped into Alabama players, it's been with Albetar. One occasion was the day that Richardson and Jones signed the dash of Wells' Escalade in Tuscaloosa. That night, Wells said, he took his family to dinner and ran into Albetar, who was with a group of Alabama players that included Richardson and AJ McCarron.

Wells said Albetar invited him and his family to sit with Albetar and the players, and they did. "I paid for our meals, and they paid for theirs," Wells said.

From Scarbos article on al.com.  Worth a read.  More and more to come

O266760.jpg

188778_1579897619275_1290702105_31251441_4548948_n.jpg

Yeah...Collin Wells just bumps into the players when Al-Betar is around....I guess Al-Betar is goes with him to his Condo in Orange Beach.  Yeah, Mr. Wells is just an innocent by-stander....I guess it's in the water that makes the inbred bammers lie.

I agree, augirl.  Strutting Duck -- totally underrated.  It had a great deck in the back also. I have no clue if it's still there. 

Unfortunately the Duck is no longer there  :'( they tore down the building and got into business with the Auburn Ale House. I've ate there once since and the service was horrible and wasn't even close to being as good as the old Duck  :( I really miss their wings .... they were the best  :thumbsup:

Since Colin has Orange Beach connections, do you think that he had anything to do with setting up the fishing trip?

Didn't Woodruff take BC to Orange Beach during NSD weekend??  (tin foil hats, ON)

Since Colin has Orange Beach connections, do you think that he had anything to do with setting up the fishing trip?

Didn't Woodruff take BC to Orange Beach during NSD weekend??  (tin foil hats, ON)

Curtis Anderson (Athens man) was who took JJ and MI on the fishing trip.

I am sure that Anderson knows, Colin, Woodruff, and Peaches.

Curtis Anderson (Athens man) was who took JJ and MI on the fishing trip.

I am sure that Anderson knows, Colin,

Woodruff, and Peaches.

Back when all this started coming out someone had screenshot of Woodruff commenting on Tom's Facebook to "hang in there, it will blow over."

IMO something is definitely going on. This isn't your everyday average fan that bumps into a football player and asks for an autograph. Hanging out in a store not just one player but multiple players?  How many people go to stores or places of bussiness and have access to hang out in the bosses office....not many. If these guys were just regular ordinary dudes do you think they'd get that kind of access.......I thought not.  Something deeper is going on.

IMO something is definitely going on. This isn't your everyday average fan that bumps into a football player and asks for an autograph. Hanging out in a store not just one player but multiple players?  How many people go to stores or places of bussiness and have access to hang out in the bosses office....not many. If these guys were just regular ordinary dudes do you think they'd get that kind of access.......I thought not.  Something deeper is going on.

Payday at Uncle Tom's.

There is a new article trying to call out Saban and make him sit TR.

If he does sit out even 1 week you know something is going down. 4 weeks and we will know.

He's been on fire this evening. I've been reading all of his tweets (no I don't follow him. I just search his name and read what he writes.) He has actually had some thought provoking points. He's also pissing off the bammers so no end which also makes me happy. Shoe looks pretty good on the other foot. ;)

He's been on fire this evening. I've been reading all of his tweets (no I don't follow him. I just search his name and read what he writes.) He has actually had some thought provoking points. He's also pissing off the bammers so no end which also makes me happy. Shoe looks pretty good on the other foot. ;)

I read them too. That is why I went to his site and seen the post.

Is there a rule about how already being on probation effects the severity of any new violations?  Like, do they double sanctions or something like that?

Major violations while on probation for major violations brings the death penalty into play. I do not forsee the NCAA using the death penalty unless it is something just completely out of hand.

SMU got it because the school (BoT) was actually doing the paying. They had no idea how severe the penalty really was until they had already used it.

The problem that I think Bama has, is that this TTMW deal touches many players.  I also think this could lead to many other similar violations at other establishments that may be uncovered as a part of this investigation.  All of these guys know each other and handle their "business" in a similar manner.  The NCAA knew there was more out there the last time they looked.  They may just be fed up after this issue.

Has anyone looked into the Twitter angle of this?  It would be interesting if Tom or the store had a Twitter acct to read some of the communication or see who his Tweeps are. 

Is there a rule about how already being on probation effects the severity of any new violations?  Like, do they double sanctions or something like that?

Just look at the "textbook" thing. bama was on probation while committing these violations and were handed an ice cream cone from the NCAA and told not to let it happen again. Meanwhile Ball States baseball team, I believe it was, received a two year post-season tournament ban, even for their own conferences tournament, for committing the exact same violation.

Archived