Tony Barbee tweet

here is another one

Great dinner with the guys from Under Armour last nite. Love hearing about the new product lines they are creating for Auburn Basketball.

sounds like he is finally buying into Under Armour.

Kemba Walker & Derrick Williams have joined the Under Armour family and will represent in the NBA. Another BIG name NBA player very close.

will be intresting to see who.

I wonder if CTB will get Kemba and Derrick to come to his camps and help? 

I know we took some criticism at first for our Under Armour deal b/c Nike owned everything.  Under Armour has fared well in gaining market share in the football world...I'm sure they'll be able to do the same in football before it's all said and done. 

I know we took some criticism at first for our Under Armour deal b/c Nike owned everything.  Under Armour has fared well in gaining market share in the football world...I'm sure they'll be able to do the same in football before it's all said and done. 

I say this as a Nike snob...Under Armor will get to where Nike is with what they are doing.  It will take the same type of media/advertising blitz that Nike put on.  People like Jordan and Bo are what made Nike such an icon.  I can see this happening with Under Armor.  I am just not there yet.  I had hoped that AU would have gone with Nike, but I can live with it.  Under Armor seems to be building their brand name very well. 

:wedance:

I agree Tungsten, when I was in HS in the late 80's, early 90's, Converse was huge with Magic and Bird pushing the "Weapon". And Nike was just getting their shoes perfected. I remember Nike shoes were always a size too small and were too narrow. Do y'all remember these old classics? Pony, Cuga, British Knights(If you had these, you were gangsta back then  :laugh: ), Kaepa, TurnTec, what others do you guys remember?

I agree Tungsten, when I was in HS in the late 80's, early 90's, Converse was huge with Magic and Bird pushing the "Weapon". And Nike was just getting their shoes perfected. I remember Nike shoes were always a size too small and were too narrow. Do y'all remember these old classics? Pony, Cuga, British Knights(If you had these, you were gangsta back then  :laugh: ), Kaepa, TurnTec, what others do you guys remember?

I remember those as well!  When Reeboks first appeared, we laughed hysterically at the kid who wore them.  British Knights you had to be careful wearing...everyone said the "BK" stood for "Blood Killer", (AKA Crips).

I love that Coach Barbee is buying into Under Armor. And since we are taking a trip down memory lane, another hot item back in the early 90's were the Reebok Blacktops. You were bad a** if you had a pair of those to. I had a pair and they were actually a pretty good shoe. Our basketball team wore them one season. We loved them.

Wow, BK's! Hadn't thought about those in years. I personally couldn't pull them off, but pretty much everybody else I knew had them. Good times.

I never realized that shoes were that important to guys back then.... :dunno:

I thought the  phenomenon of male shoe importance was a more recent development. :laugh:

Nah, it started when Julius Caesar laced up his first pair of sandals.  ;D

Most on this board will not remember the Keds shoes from thr 50's. Then came Converse.

Loved both my Keds and Converses. Good, sturdy canvas shoes.

Archived