On SportsCall Today, Guest to Talk About Bagman Sheridan's Motives ?????

Elephant Tipper

Does anyone know who John Thrower was?

Yes, I know he he was.  He was a very good Auburn man who lived and breathed Auburn for many years.  He was a great sportswriter, also.    

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I know he he was.  He was a very good Auburn man who lived and breathed Auburn for many years.  He was a great sportswriter, also.    

So what was the packet that he prepared?

Jerrell Harris packet I assume.

Contains some particularly damning evidence in regard to bama. 

Jerrell Harris packet I assume.

Contains some particularly damning evidence in regard to bama. 

Here ya go.......

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4868/packet1.pdf

I'm assuming the packet was in reference to his part of he Gene Jelks case at UAT.   He supposedly was the one who turned the checks, written by a UAT booster to Jelks, in to the NCAA.  

I'm assuming the packet was in reference to his part of he Gene Jelks case at UAT.   He supposedly was the one who turned the checks, written by a UAT booster to Jelks, in to the NCAA.  

Yeah a4e, I think he referred to Jelks and his checks but the stream was so poor that the buffer kept dropping, and it seemed to be every time info of significance was mentioned.

Yeah a4e, I think he referred to Jelks and his checks but the stream was so poor that the buffer kept dropping, and it seemed to be every time info of significance was mentioned.

ET, I can't explain it, but after they got BM a good mike, I could hear everything clearly, and I have a small hearing problem.  I sure wish we could get a podcast.

ET, I can't explain it, but after they got BM a good mike, I could hear everything clearly, and I have a small hearing problem.  I sure wish we could get a podcast.

pops, count on me following up w/ the station.  I want to hear his comments without interruption.  Checked their list of pod casts on file and all they have at present are Trooper.  So far as BM he sounded as quiet as a mouse each time I heard him spoke and told the station rep so.  He agreed.  Didn't know they got him a better mic.

WDE !!!

I want to know who this Barry Sides is (I assume he was the one making the claims about CR). I would hope he is credible and telling the truth, but it seems odd to me as CR is one who has always held his cards close to the vest. The Miami "10" came out of left field. No one knew about Shapiro until the day before when the rumors started about him and the story about to break and it being on the U.

As far as I am concerned, you let CR do his job. He is very good at it. If he is working on something related to the turds, I am happy not knowing until it is done (and I am not saying I think he is working on a trud investigation, I think no one knows). In reading his previous Oregon, USC, Miami, etc stories, they are all VERY well vetted. It is why he is so credible.

I do know that some bama boosters are very concerned right now about various things (not CR in particular). Hell, a relative who is a bama booster, grad, and lifelong ttown resident told my parents as much even mentioning he personally saw Julio leaving Ttown's menswear with two suits after he and Ingram signed autographs last year (and this is not hearsay, it is direct from a current booster).

They are worried and they should be.

For those counting on Charles Robinson to break the story on the turds, listen to this radio interview with him today, he won't be writing any articles on the turds.

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/shows/charles-robinson-5-5774/

Disagree. That segment indicates absolutely nothing one way or the other regarding bama. As I was just saying in a previous post, CR holds his cards close to the vest. I do not believe it is known what he is working on right now except he is working on future stories that will also be damaging to the subjects of them.

For those counting on Charles Robinson to break the story on the turds, listen to this radio interview with him today, he won't be writing any articles on the turds.

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/shows/charles-robinson-5-5774/

Disagree. That segment indicates absolutely nothing one way or the other regarding bama. As I was just saying in a previous post, CR holds his cards close to the vest. I do not believe it is known what he is working on right now except he is working on future stories that will also be damaging to the subjects of them.

Agree with this.  Supposedly, CR pulled off what he was working on at UAT back in December;  my impression in what Sides said today was that CR was working on something other than TTMW.

I want to know who this Barry Sides is (I assume he was the one making the claims about CR). I would hope he is credible and telling the truth, but it seems odd to me as CR is one who has always held his cards close to the vest. The Miami "10" came out of left field. No one knew about Shapiro until the day before when the rumors started about him and the story about to break and it being on the U.

As far as I am concerned, you let CR do his job. He is very good at it. If he is working on something related to the turds, I am happy not knowing until it is done (and I am not saying I think he is working on a trud investigation, I think no one knows). In reading his previous Oregon, USC, Miami, etc stories, they are all VERY well vetted. It is why he is so credible.

I do know that some bama boosters are very concerned right now about various things (not CR in particular). Hell, a relative who is a bama booster, grad, and lifelong ttown resident told my parents as much even mentioning he personally saw Julio leaving Ttown's menswear with two suits after he and Ingram signed autographs last year (and this is not hearsay, it is direct from a current booster).

They are worried and they should be.

Barry Sides used to be on a sports talk radio show down in Mobile, AL for WNSP back in the day. I'm pretty sure he's pro AU. I went to Auburn with his daughter from 97-01. He is currently a State Farm insurance man down here now. Real nice guy. I've met him before.

War Eagle!

Barry Sides is a long-time poster on AUTigers.com (Scout) under the name IronTiger. Sides has gathered info about bammer and predicted bad things for bammer for years. Some feel that he is overly optimistic about the NCAA nailing bammer. Nobody doubts his loyalty to AU.

I think IronTiger may have been the genesis of the "3 weeks" inside joke whenever someone asks when the hammer is going to be lowered on bammer. I think Barry may have predicted 3 weeks a time or two, without anything happening.

I think IronTiger has believed for the last year or two that a fraud case involving PBJ (Bryant, Jr.) and his bank and/or insurance company was going to bring down the financial house that funds the REC. I have to say I have been skeptical about IronTiger's PBJ posts.

Barry Sides is a long-time poster on AUTigers.com (Scout) under the name IronTiger. Sides has gathered info about bammer and predicted bad things for bammer for years. Some feel that he is overly optimistic about the NCAA nailing bammer. Nobody doubts his loyalty to AU.

I think IronTiger may have been the genesis of the "3 weeks" inside joke whenever someone asks when the hammer is going to be lowered on bammer. I think Barry may have predicted 3 weeks a time or two, without anything happening.

I think IronTiger has believed for the last year or two that a fraud case involving PBJ (Bryant, Jr.) and his bank and/or insurance company was going to bring down the financial house that funds the REC. I have to say I have been skeptical about IronTiger's PBJ posts.

Sides wasn't the genesis of the three week comment.  That actually became a joke after some of the bama "insiders" said AJC was going to break a story on AU in three weeks several years ago.  "AJC, three weeks" has been used many times since then.  I don't know him personally, but some will argue that IronTiger is Auburn's version of BlueTunaTiger or William "Redfish" Barger.

Sounds like more interesting stuff came out today. The NCAA has to grow the basketball's to do something about the most corrupt program in college sports the last 40 years plus.

Sounds like more interesting stuff came out today. The NCAA has to grow the basketball's to do something about the most corrupt program in college sports the last 40 years plus.

If Yahoo(specifically Robinson) does a story on bama then the NCAA will have no choice but to act.

Guys, I slept on this last night, tried to calm down, recognize the source of all this probably IS our equivalent of DS or Scott Moore, and move on.  Didn't work; warning, rant about to start.  I have read and listened to those of us who say: "Rise above the fray, we are better than that."  I have read and listened to those of us who say: "I don't care where it comes from or who says it, I love to hear anything that says the turds are in trouble.  Death penalty, nothing less."  Well, I for one hope that what this guy said yesterday causes another 50 page thread on the Bama sites and gives them something to worry about and distract from their potentially good season.  Those guys yesterday asked the question:  How to you believe folks in California or other parts of the country feel about Auburn University?  The answer is, because of the biased media, they think we are a dirty program. Perception is reality.  On the flip-side, if you are a media darling, you have a license to steal.  Unfortunately, and not to push the envelope too far here, the media attempts to influence our lives every day.  The dark side has ESPN, Paul Slimebob, Scott Moore, and Pete Thayer.  Now we find that PT was considering taking a fall for his friend , DS, with the only motive being to push the Cam rumor can down the road.  Well, folks, I'm made as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore!!  If our only media ally is a small radio station in Auburn, and our source is a questionable character from Mobile, I'm ready to ride that horse a long way, just to make the turds squirm like they have made us squirm.  I will be honest with you;  those of you , kevon67 and others, who started those video threads yesterday, provided a great service to the Auburn faithful.  It reminded me, admidst all this crap, that we are National Champions, and what fun that was.  The biased media, along with our "rise-above" attitude (while I have admittedly been a supporter of until now) have taken a lot of the joy out of our Championship season.  So, I don't care about political correctness; truth is, I never have.  I don't care about the quality of the source, I just want to see them squirm.  Rant over!!

Guys, I slept on this last night, tried to calm down, recognize the source of all this probably IS our equivalent of DS or Scott Moore, and move on.  Didn't work; warning, rant about to start.  I have read and listened to those of us who say: "Rise above the fray, we are better than that."  I have read and listened to those of us who say: "I don't care where it comes from or who says it, I love to hear anything that says the turds are in trouble.  Death penalty, nothing less."  Well, I for one hope that what this guy said yesterday causes another 50 page thread on the Bama sites and gives them something to worry about and distract from their potentially good season.  Those guys yesterday asked the question:  How to you believe folks in California or other parts of the country feel about Auburn University?  The answer is, because of the biased media, they think we are a dirty program. Perception is reality.  On the flip-side, if you are a media darling, you have a license to steal.  Unfortunately, and not to push the envelope too far here, the media attempts to influence our lives every day.  The dark side has ESPN, Paul Slimebob, Scott Moore, and Pete Thayer.  Now we find that PT was considering taking a fall for his friend , DS, with the only motive being to push the Cam rumor can down the road.  Well, folks, I'm made as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore!!  If our only media ally is a small radio station in Auburn, and our source is a questionable character from Mobile, I'm ready to ride that horse a long way, just to make the turds squirm like they have made us squirm.  I will be honest with you;  those of you , kevon67 and others, who started those video threads yesterday, provided a great service to the Auburn faithful.  It reminded me, admidst all this crap, that we are National Champions, and what fun that was.  The biased media, along with our "rise-above" attitude (while I have admittedly been a supporter of until now) have taken a lot of the joy out of our Championship season.  So, I don't care about political correctness; truth is, I never have.  I don't care about the quality of the source, I just want to see them squirm.  Rant over!!

Very well put, and I happen to agree 100%!

I totally understand why you feel the way you do; however, my take is different.  When you have folks like Sides and JLee throwing stuff out there publically before there is solid documented proof, then IMO, it greatly diminishes the chances of a legit story to be taken seriously or hurts an ongoing investigation.  I enjoy seeing the simpletons squirm as well, but a few days of squirming doesn't equal true justice that could come down the pike.  Again, I understand your position and this is not meant to bash you or your opinion, it is just that my opinion is very different.  I used to take pride in the fact that we didn't have Scott Moore's and Danny Sheridan's going on the radio making fools of themselves and the school they represent/are a fan of.  Now I can no longer say that.

wde

I totally understand why you feel the way you do; however, my take is different.  When you have folks like Sides and JLee throwing stuff out there publically before there is solid documented proof, then IMO, it greatly diminishes the chances of a legit story to be taken seriously or hurts an ongoing investigation.  I enjoy seeing the simpletons squirm as well, but a few days of squirming doesn't equal true justice that could come down the pike.  Again, I understand your position and this is not meant to bash you or your opinion, it is just that my opinion is very different.  I used to take pride in the fact that we didn't have Scott Moore's and Danny Sheridan's going on the radio making fools of themselves and the school they represent/are a fan of.  Now I can no longer say that.

wde

There is something to this.  Rivals took down ALL mentions of this guys interview today.  You will not find one mention on the site any longer.  Rivals is a Yahoo company now.  Why would a pro AU site pull down negative news about bama unless they had been told to keep things quiet?  Seems like more smoke to me.

I am all for fighting at every turn. I do not believe in rise above the fray at all. I believe in get dirty and fight. However, I will not back someone I do not believe is right just because they are on the same side as me (Auburn's). I do not know enough here to really have an opinion. I have heard of irontiger and his reputation for being overzealous and not always accurate is there, so I take a wait and see approach here and am not buying in right now.

As for JLee, I believe in what he did with Calloway and applaud him for it. Something needed to be done and some things needed to be brought to light. I believe 95% of what JLee said was dead on and true. Maybe he did not have iron clad financial records and a paper trail, but he did have the truth (IMO) and that is enough for me.

Archived