On SportsCall Today, Guest to Talk About Bagman Sheridan's Motives ?????

Elephant Tipper

He basically said in the first segment that PT was going to write a story in NYT naming "the bagman" so DS wouldn't have to bear the burden.  Didn't know when it would be released.  He is still on now. 

Yep, but his thunder was stolen by M. Emmerett making a public statement that the NCAA knows nothing about a "bagman"

also said DS has no sources in the NCAA, that his sources were a bunch of REC peeps.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't hear all of this Barry Sides chat, but I did catch some of it on my ride home.  I couldn't figure out why AU folks were calling in getting mad with Sides.  Did I miss something.  The basic point I got was that UAT has always used the media and the REC to influence public perception of AU and UAT.  It has always been this way...it was this way in 1957, it was this way with the Cam Newton saga.  They use whatever influence they have to deflect the attn being put on their program and try to turn the focus on us any way possible. 

Just this morning Dan Patrick had Saban's buddy on to say that he can't comment on Cam Newton b/c they don't comment on ongoing investigations. 

Finebaum is the biggest tool (pun intended) in Bama's box and you bet your bottom dollar he'll have a pocket full of garbage to toss at AU and scripted callers that make AU fans look like idiots...meanwhile ignoring TTMW, Trent Richardson pics, Dodge Chargers, and especially ignoring ACTUAL football (where the "#2 team" has yet to pick a QB).  It's funny how Finebaum had an open line for Brooks when he was talking bad about AU, but for some reason we haven't heard from the guy since he's been shoveling crap in Tusc. 

"It's funny how Finebaum had an open line for Brooks when he was talking bad about AU, but for some reason we haven't heard from the guy since he's been shoveling crap in Tusc."

Exactly, that's the main reason I stopped listening to PF. He stopped having guest like Clay Travis, Brooks etc. reason given, he was waiting for the NY Times to write an article about UAT and he would respond. The guy is a hack. Guys, PF has no place to go but down...same old callers, same old crap, stop listening!!!! :banghead:       

Another question...when Dan Patrick was asked about the UM/ Shapiro investigation he openly discusses that they have interviewed Shapiro, that they are aware of the allegations.....comment after comment regarding the UM/ Shapiro investigation.  In fact the whole reason he was on the show was to comment on the MU thing....then he is asked about Cam and he says he cannot comment on on current investigations. 

"It's funny how Finebaum had an open line for Brooks when he was talking bad about AU, but for some reason we haven't heard from the guy since he's been shoveling crap in Tusc."

Exactly, that's the main reason I stopped listening to PF. He stopped having guest like Clay Travis, Brooks etc. reason given, he was waiting for the NY Times to write an article about UAT and he would respond. The guy is a hack. Guys, PF has no place to go but down...same old callers, same old crap, stop listening!!!! :banghead:       

Guys........guys.....guys........It's just entertainment. :-X

Bitching about it is how I entertain myself. 

He was at it full force yesterday talking crap about Auburn changed the station after a couple mins of it.

Like I said earlier, I got to listen to the last 15 of the show yesterday. I really enjoyed it.

Not sure how this thread got hijacked into a PF thread

Is it just me or do the same folks call into Sportscall each day too?  Is this by design, or are these the only guys with nothing to do each afternoon between 4 and 6? 

Is it just me or do the same folks call into Sportscall each day too?  Is this by design, or are these the only guys with nothing to do each afternoon between 4 and 6? 

Just like the same folks type on AE ?  ;D

B***hing about it is how I entertain myself. 

A form of therapy I tend to engage in myself... :laugh:

B***hing about it is how I entertain myself. 

:thumbsup:

Since I couldn't get SportsCall to come on my computer yesterday, who did that guy say was the bagman was?

Some guy named auburn4ever.  :tease:

Since I couldn't get SportsCall to come on my computer yesterday, who did that guy say was the bagman was?

First, there is no bagman except in the nefarious dreams of people like Bagman Sheridan and PF.  His commentary was to give background re: Sheridan's "Bagman" claims.  My stream allowed me to hear only about 10% of the program because it kept disconnecting.

I'm assuming the packet was in reference to his part of he Gene Jelks case at UAT.   He supposedly was the one who turned the checks, written by a UAT booster to Jelks, in to the NCAA.  

Yeah a4e, I think he referred to Jelks and his checks but the stream was so poor that the buffer kept dropping, and it seemed to be every time info of significance was mentioned.

ET, I can't explain it, but after they got BM a good mike, I could hear everything clearly, and I have a small hearing problem.  I sure wish we could get a podcast.

aupops, I just talked with the station again about the transmission issues yesterday and to request that the broadcast be made into a podcast.  The person told me he would pass the request to Bill.  Maybe he will address it on air. 

By the way, I gave them your name and that you were complaining.  ;D:laugh:  Just kidding.

WDE !!!

Some guy named auburn4ever.   :tease:

From what I hear, auburn4ever said that if Auburn didn't use orange facemasks this season then consider him disgruntled and he's going straight to the media. LOL I kid, I kid. WDE auburn4ever

Archived