On SportsCall Today, Guest to Talk About Bagman Sheridan's Motives ?????

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else here him say that there is an ongoing investigation in T Town?

Yes

Also said that top tier boosters were upset about some things going on. I came in right at the end, but was he saying that he had gotten threats about the bammer thing?

Should I start harassing PT on twitter?

It's probably better if we just ignore him completely.   :dunno:

Don't poke the bear who sits in a cage at one of the largest papers in the country, who has already proven he doesn't need to be poked :dunno:

Don't poke the bear who sits in a cage at one of the largest papers in the country, who has already proven he doesn't need to be poked :dunno:

Oh c'mon TT, if we just get 100 people to boycott his sponsers we will WIN!

Probably right. Wonder if he is really willing to put his career on the line for the Turds?

I just got off the phone with WQSI about the issues with their broadcast today.  Informed them of the poor streaming, the inability to hear Bryan Matthews clearly, and MOST importantly, that they should make today's broadcast into a podcast.  The person I spoke with has to relay that info to the producer but thought they could do that.  I'll follow up with another call in the next few days.

WDE !!!

:zapbama:   :zapbama:   :zapbama:

They were going to put names out by the end of this week, but may have been stymied by Emmert's comments regarding challenging them to send him names.  He says the only purpose is to continue the story, keep the spotlight off of TTMY and BC.  Biggest thing, though, was his revelation that Charles Robinson WAS working on a UAT story, but had to be pulled off to pursue the Miami story.  The deadline there was to get to Shapiro before he went to jail.  He said that, while he and CR used to be friends, they are now "divorced".  But just now he has read three or four e-mail to him from CR discussing the UAT probe, and that he plans on getting back on it.  CR said he is running out of geography, because he is now unwelcome in California and North Carolina, and he hopes to ADD ALABAMA TO THAT LIST SOON!!!

He read e-mails from Charles Robinson to himself? If thats true then it fits the rumor that he was going to have another story in a couple weeks and another by end of the year. Here we go again.

Probably right. Wonder if he is really willing to put his career on the line for the Turds?

He's already proven he's willing, so just let it take it's course and when it blows up in his face, it blows up in his face. No reason to invite additional bullcrap between then and now.

I just got off the phone with WQSI about the issues with their broadcast today.  Informed them of the poor streaming, the inability to hear Bryan Matthews clearly, and MOST importantly, that they should make today's broadcast into a podcast.  The person I spoke with has to relay that info to the producer but thought they could do that.  I'll follow up with another call in the next few days.

WDE !!!

Hope they follow through. I would really like to hear the entire show. I only got to hear most of the first hour.

To me it seems Barry Sides is to Auburn Univereity as Danny Sheridan is to the University of Alabama.  In my humble opinion he is a black eye to Auburn Graduates and to the Auburn faithful. I might be the only one that feels this way.

They were going to put names out by the end of this week, but may have been stymied by Emmert's comments regarding challenging them to send him names.  He says the only purpose is to continue the story, keep the spotlight off of TTMY and BC.  Biggest thing, though, was his revelation that Charles Robinson WAS working on a UAT story, but had to be pulled off to pursue the Miami story.  The deadline there was to get to Shapiro before he went to jail.  He said that, while he and CR used to be friends, they are now "divorced".  But just now he has read three or four e-mail to him from CR discussing the UAT probe, and that he plans on getting back on it.  CR said he is running out of geography, because he is now unwelcome in California and North Carolina, and he hopes to ADD ALABAMA TO THAT LIST SOON!!!

He read e-mails from Charles Robinson to himself? If thats true then it fits the rumor that he was going to have another story in a couple weeks and another by end of the year. Here we go again.

Yes, they were "supposedly" from CR.  Thing that struck me was that CR has been so methodical about his investigations (and Dan Wetzel too), I don't think he will appreciate this guy making these e-mails public.  It could backfire, I suppose, but if true, who cares.  As another poster pointed out, he closed by saying that the very higher-up in the turd administration have a lot more to worry about than all this rumor-spreading.  Didn't have time to elaborate.  Tell you one thing, if this guys objective was to give the turds something to talk about, I have no doubt he's accomplished that!!

Also, BM said Tre Mason had moved into a solid #3 at rb, and that he wasn't considered one of the new guys they were looking at Saturday, because he was already solid.  BM said the freshman trying to move up were MB anf Corey Grant.  How's that for rb depth, guys?

WDE !!!

Yeah, ET, it wasn't quality at all.  I don't even know who the guy is , other than Barry.  Can anyone clear this up?

He's already proven he's willing, so just let it take it's course and when it blows up in his face, it blows up in his face. No reason to invite additional bullcrap between then and now.

To late...

@PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel

I've never heard of UM's DeQuan Jones. But if he costs $10,000, what's a good player worth? Much like Newton for $180K, there's a market.

17 Aug

------------------

Which of course I had to reply..

AUOwnsU

@PeteThamelNYT Just thought you might wanna see what real investigative journalism looks like... http://t.co/Fm3uW2g #Nonsensationalism

Did he say why he and CR are "divorced" since he received those e-mails?

No he didn't.  But I don't think he did anything today to patch things up.  CR and DW have suddenly become the most respected sports journalists around because of the manner in which they conducted the UM investigation, and the USCw investigation also.  Thorough, no apparent bias or agenda, factual.  DW has said they have a lot more on UM, but didn't include it in the story because they didn't feel it was fully vetted.  Makes me think that whatever he's looking at in Tuscaloosa, he wanted it kept quiet until it broke.  I hope this guy today didn't screw things up, even though I found the whole interview very interesting.

Does anybody know anything about this guy(Sides). I had never heard of him.

Maybe Jeff Lee's new name?

Kind of like when Garth did Chris Gains  :dunno:

Does anyone know who John Thrower was?

He was connected to the preparation of the "packet", according to this guy.  Am I the only one who heard this?  I ask, because I missed a lot, and there's a lot more there than I cannot comprehend.  Man, we really need a podcast of that two hours.  It was full of info, true or fiction.  After they got the audio on BM fixed, the quality was good also.

Does anyone know who John Thrower was?

He was connected to the preparation of the "packet", according to this guy.  Am I the only one who heard this?  I ask, because I missed a lot, and there's a lot more there than I cannot comprehend.  Man, we really need a podcast of that two hours.  It was full of info, true or fiction.  After they got the audio on BM fixed, the quality was good also.

Packet?

Archived