Finebaum suing Citadel

Ed_

I'd help him pack his bags! I would like an actual sports show 2 drive home 2.

I'll hold your coat while you pack his bags and punch him in the nose! :)

Paul wants to be howard stern! To my joy he will hear "you sure have a pretty mouth" .... This is my PG13 message :-X

some info on the new Bammerham sports station from an article on al.com

The station, which will be called "The Zone," will be carried on the 97.3 FM frequency, and it will include a morning show co-hosted by Alabama radio play-by-play announcer Eli Gold and Auburn color analyst Stan White, as well as one hosted by Matt Coulter, who previously worked at WJOX. The station also will carry Tim Brando's syndicated show, DuBose said.

The Irony in that is that Matt Coulter sued PF ( see http://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-supreme-court/1026352.html ) years ago when PF made a tongue and cheek comment (no pun intended) about Coulter giving oral sex to his co-host during the radio show (I kid you not, it went to the Alabama Supreme Court, see link above)

Now, PF may be suing his boss so he can leave and get on the same station with Coulter.

There is  bit more history between those two. WERC 960 AM hired PF away from 1070 AM and put him in Coulter's time slot/show. They offered Coulter to stay on and co-host with PF, but Coulter refused to work with PF and quit without notice, leaving his show and time slot to PF.

My guess is that the reason PF may want out from Citadel is that someone has offered him part ownership in this new deal to come on board.  PF is no fool, he is a self promoting opportunist and he knows how to make money (regardless of who he unjustly harms to do so).

I sent Cox a email and basically told them I would listen to which ever station didn't have finebaum on it.

Anyway, We're going to have a finebaum free option here in B'ham. :yay:

The show with Stan White and Eli gold sounds like it could be pretty cool. Fair and balanced and all ya know

I can't stand Eli Gold.

I agree Tigerbelle. I would rather drive a nail through my own eye than listen to Eli Gold.

The show with Stan White and Eli gold sounds like it could be pretty cool. Fair and balanced and all ya know

I can't stand Eli Gold.

Better than Finebaum.

Archived