Finebaum suing Citadel

Ed_

No clue but maybe it will get ugly enough that they'll drop him on WJOX (BTW we really need a pleading emoticon  :P )

Hopefully this will get him off the air for a few months.

What will we do if this gets him off the air for a few months? What will happen to all the threads that start with "slimebaum said today?"

Just saw that F'head is suing his boss, the parent company of JOX. Wonder if they are about to dump him. The judge has not released the court filling. Info is AL.com.

I have heard that PF was joining another station a couple weeks ago but I don't remember which one it was. Or why he is moving. Hopefully it is the DS backlash.

I heard he was moving to another station a few weeks ago but I don't remember which one. Maybe the citadel is breaking his contract and giving him the boot because of the DS backlash. Maybe the new Apple CEO will buy up some of the local media companies and put some anti-bama shows on.

I first read the title of the thread and my first thought was:  What does pondscum have against the Citadel?  It's a fine military institution.  Is he still upset that they lowered our strenth of schedule in '04 and possibly cost us the NC?   :dunno:  ...or is he still upset about the military ban on gays?   :dunno:   :-X

Just saw that F'head is suing his boss, the parent company of JOX. Wonder if they are about to dump him. The judge has not released the court filling. Info is AL.com.

I have heard that PF was joining another station a couple weeks ago but I don't remember which one it was. Or why he is moving. Hopefully it is the DS backlash.

I heard (and saw) that there is another thread on this issue!!!  ;D

His show was dropped here in Pensacola  :thumbsup:

Its was because................. wait for it..................... people called the radio station and complained  :yay:

His show was dropped here in Pensacola   :thumbsup:

Its was because................. wait for it..................... people called the radio station and complained  :yay:

But wait.....haven't we been told by some folks that complaining won't work? ;)

:thumbsup:

Go people of Pensacola    Smart move

.                                                                                                                                    !                   

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately complaining in B'ham doesn't work since we're behind enemy lines.  If this works out where he's on another station and WJOX gets a new sports show for the ride home I will care less if he's still on the air.  Just give me a real, local sports talk show instead of the Jerry Springer of the SEC

rumors had him going over to 106.9 out of Birmingham. 

Don't think he would fit in on 106.9 since they are an oldies rock station, not a talk station.  The station calls itself "The Eagle" though so that would be kind of funny.

some info on the new Bammerham sports station from an article on al.com

The station, which will be called "The Zone," will be carried on the 97.3 FM frequency, and it will include a morning show co-hosted by Alabama radio play-by-play announcer Eli Gold and Auburn color analyst Stan White, as well as one hosted by Matt Coulter, who previously worked at WJOX. The station also will carry Tim Brando's syndicated show, DuBose said.

Unfortunately complaining in B'ham doesn't work since we're behind enemy lines.  If this works out where he's on another station and WJOX gets a new sports show for the ride home I will care less if he's still on the air.  Just give me a real, local sports talk show instead of the Jerry Springer of the SEC

In a bad economy....every station that drops him will hurt to some degree.

Archived