Bagman Sheridan's Response to the NCAA's Statement

Elephant Tipper

As reported by al.com in it's entirety:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/danny_sheridan_reacts_to_ncaa.html

"MOBILE, Alabama -- Mobile native Danny Sheridan, who spoke last week with the NCAA about the Cam Newton investigation, reacted strongly to the organization's Friday statement that said Sheridan "continues to make vague, unsubstantiated claims without backing them up with proof."

Sheridan's latest statement, in its entirety, reads:

"The NCAA statement about me is total propaganda and an absolute misrepresentation of the facts. For the record, I do have sources at the NCAA and that's why the organization has chosen to shoot the messenger.

"The NCAA called me through my attorney and requested an interview. I spoke with two NCAA investigators last Wednesday for almost an hour. I was consistent with them as I have been with the media and the public in refusing to divulge my sources.

"I also politely declined to share the name of the individual I have been told gave money to Cecil Newton. For the NCAA to claim I did anything else is specious, deceitful, disingenuous and completely false. I will be happy to take a polygraph test on these specific issues and challenge them to do so as well."

Sheridan had said previously an NCAA source told him of a "bag man" who helped recruit Newton, the future Heisman Trophy winner, to Auburn. After making his claims on Paul Finebaum's radio show, Sheridan was contacted by the NCAA through his attorney, Vince Kilborn.

"I have no idea if the allegations against Auburn are true," Sheridan said last week. "I only know that what I reported was exactly what I was told."

Sheridan said Saturday that he had agreed to the NCAA's request that he not talk to anyone about the specifics of their meeting. But, Sheridan said, Friday's statement posted by the NCAA on its website changed that.

"I told them that I would honor their request to say 'no comment' when asked about what was said in the meeting," Sheridan. "Of course, all bets are off when they released that statement."

The NCAA has continued to investigate Newton's recruitment after Cecil Newton admitted discussing a financial arrangement that would send his son to Mississippi State. The NCAA has never implicated Auburn in its investigation of Newton's recruitment."

:yay::timeout: :timeout: :'(.....which one should i do...lol  sheridan has decided to ride this ship like scott moore did his...all hands on deck!!!!  to JUMP!!!....HAHAHAHAHA

This gets funnier by the day.  The NCAA is asking Sheridan who the bagman is and Sheridan declines to answer....... although his source from the NCAA told him.  So, either, the NCAA wanted to compare notes to see if they're both thinking about the same person or DS is full of it and the NCAA has no idea of a bagman.  My vote is on the latter.  The next step in the process should be for USA Today to fire him.

This gets funnier by the day.  The NCAA is asking Sheridan who the bagman is and Sheridan declines to answer....... although his source from the NCAA told him.  So, either, the NCAA wanted to compare notes to see if they're both thinking about the same person or DS is full of it and the NCAA has no idea of a bagman.  My vote is on the latter.  The next step in the process should be for USA Today to fire him.

And DS is so dumb he doesn't even see how stupid that makes him look. 

:o  Did he just admit that?  :o

"The NCAA has continued to investigate Newton's recruitment after Cecil Newton admitted discussing a financial arrangement that would send his son to Mississippi State. The NCAA has never implicated Auburn in its investigation of Newton's recruitment."

That is huge.

To Sheridan this is gold -- a feud with the NCAA.  It will keep his name out there.  He'll continue to get gigs on PF and other sports shows.  He's an admitted attention "prostitute."  

That said, at this point others in the media must be scratching their heads.  Sheridan (who says he knows the name of a bagman) is sitting across the table from the NCAA (who he says he got the name from...)  So they both know this mysterious name and are asking each other for the name.  Each side not telling.  I would love to write that comedy scene.  Friggin hilarious.  

Help me out here-- is Sheridan really disputing what the NCAA said about him by confirming what the NCAA said about him?

:dunno:  It's 50/50. 

First, he said his source was inside the NCAA.

Then, he said his source was somebody who knows somebody inside the NCAA.

Then, he said his source was retired investigator inside the NCAA.

Now, he says he has multiple sources inside the NCAA.

I honestly think this guy could be suffering some kind of dementia. How old is he?

:o  Did he just admit that?  :o

"The NCAA has continued to investigate Newton's recruitment after Cecil Newton admitted discussing a financial arrangement that would send his son to Mississippi State. The NCAA has never implicated Auburn in its investigation of Newton's recruitment."

That is huge.

That was Kennedy's wording, not Sheridan's

I honestly think this guy could be suffering some kind of dementia. How old is he?

It's not his age that's causing the problem. He's just a used up bammer drunk who can't keep his lies straight because he's stupid.

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

It's not his age that's causing the problem. He's just a used up bammer drunk who can't keep his lies straight because he's stupid.

Help me out here-- is Sheridan really disputing what the NCAA said about him by confirming what the NCAA said about him?

this explains what i think i get from this^^^^

my question is why would he bother meeting the ncaa if he wasnt going to talk, and if he already has a source on the inside why try to get info from them in this meeting? he is fos.

I'm trying to figure out which mod changed his name to "The Flush".  Is that you Trooper?

Ah, The Flush, wish I had a split from there about now.  Loved it even with the long lines.

WDE !!!

Sigh, I think both sides are clowns. The NCAA should never have met with him, by doing so they gave him a level of legitimacy that he didn't deserve. Then they talk to the dirtbag and ask him to be civil, just before telling everyone he is a dirtbag. Now he's offended that he kept his end of the bargain so that the NCAA could trumpet his bald-faced-liar-hood and make him look ridiculous (as if he needed help). Now both sides look like dirtbags IMO. I have 0 respect for both. To be honest, watching this unfold, I am embarrassed for them - Just a bunch of idiots making fools of themselves in public.

Archived