How was this issue with the wrist chip bands even new worthy?

AUQBDad

http://m.myfoxal.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.myfoxal.com%2fstory%2f15641344%2fstory-about-auburn-lb-jake-holland-seems-to-be-much-ado-about-nothing

1. I understand the title of the article makes the point of being much ado about nothing...it was still discussed ad nauseum on the radio in Birmingham for 3 days.

2. Athletes on every team...and I mean from Elementary schools to the NFL wear these things. You can buy them in convenience stores for that matter. The fact that these things were being discussed as "performance enhancing" is beyond ludicrous.

3. I really feel like this fellow was just using this as an opportunity to promote his company. I don't know the guy so I reserve judgement on his character, but knowing what I know directly from the source this appears to have been a "publicity stunt" by him.

4. I know Jeff and his family, including Jake very well. They were some of the very first to befriend us in our transition and are considered by myself, along with the Auburn coaching staff to be some of the finest ambassadors that we have for AU. Jeff just bought some of these things for his son, and his son...being a generous kid gave some away...thats the whole story...intriguing huh?  :dunno:

I understand this has been discussed, but when it comes to our family I will stand up and speak out for the sake of truth and justice and I do not like the light my close family members were displayed under in this instance.

:wareagle:

Sir, at the risk of being called a conspiracy theorist, I believe your answer can be summed up easily.....#3 + UAT propaganda machine.

Btw, good luck to your son and the team today. I hope he gets to show the folks "back home" what kind of football player they missed out on by playing big a part in an AU victory.  :we:

Sir, at the risk of being called a conspiracy theorist, I believe your answer can be summed up easily.....#3 + UAT propaganda machine.

Btw, good luck to your son and the team today. I hope he gets to show the folks "back home" what kind of football player they missed out on by playing big a part in an AU victory.  :we:

I guess that's true...but it doesn't make sense to me to do something that makes you look like an idiot...and to whoever disseminated this...they do.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope for the same...I'm a little nervous this morning.

Robin, I know that the guy who was and still may be Mitch Ross's partner in this is a bammer grad. That is a solid fact. It may not be an attempt to get Auburn in trouble. I don't think this guy would do that because I know him personally. Mitch has been on the radio a bunch trying to hock this stuff and his partner was arrested and jailed for hanging out around the players at a Super Bowl a couple of years back. It's much ado about nothing like you said. If a holographic chip improved performance, those chips would be priced out of the atmosphere. Just like the Power Balance bracelets, they do nothing.

I guess that's true...but it doesn't make sense to me to do something that makes you look like an idiot...and to whoever disseminated this...they do.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope for the same...I'm a little nervous this morning.

Agreed Sir. Also I'm sure that bit of nervousness you're feeling is just your stomach getting a little hungry for the hogs we are about to roast.  ;D

I can almost guarantee you that the real reason our compliance guy went down there to investigate, is to make sure that none of that deer antler spray was purchased. That is a banned substance by almost every league. And it wasn't purchased because a receipt was produced. It's just Auburn, and any news on Auburn, no matter how ridiculous it is, will get printed.

The problem is the dumming down of or society in the last 30-40 years. There is not a lot of people with critical thinking skills anymore. The "machine" has and will continue to push this attack against AU. The only thing that matters to the outside is the headline, once they see that they make their assumptions that fit their opinion. It make them feel better about themselves and their team. They already have  a built-in  excuse if they lose. They sad thing is, these people , for the most part, are probably good people outside of their AUbsession. 

I feel bad for you and all the parents of the AU players that yall have to put up with this crap. I hope in 2014 , I have to deal with it as well. :thumbsup:

War Eagle beat the little piggy's

could this problem go away if all the players receiving the gift bracelets paid back what they are really worth?  I mean, that would set each player back roughly $0.20, but it might be a nice gesture.

Meanwhile, LSU is skinning the gators and making shoes out of them.

War Eagle, all!  Beat those pigs!

robin, you should buy kiehl a sack of these things and hope he gives them to the offensive players,then if we hang 40 on uf i will buy myself a sack of them.

Archived