Stan and Eli show (seriously, baseball to start off?)

AtlantaAU

I've actually enjoyed listening to Eli and Stan's new radio show out of B'ham (I listen on the internet), but they start their show with 17 minutes on Yankees and baseball?  If anyone involved with that show ever reads this, you are going to lose the ratings battle starting with that instead of ANY football story, but especially after the breaking news last night about Auburn being cleared.  :dunno:

That's not odd, that's just production weak. The biggest story in the local market and they ignore it? That is not the last morning team you will see on that station. With good reason.

Trying not to be a part of the flame war I fully understand, not covering a story that has been the lead sporting story for a year is beyond comprehension.

I think to wait and comment actually shows that we as Auburn fans were never concerned about the outcome. It isn't professional to offer up I told you so's. I could care less about the lack of interest outside Auburn regarding the end of the investigation. The fact that the NCAA brought closure to the investigation cuts to the very heart of the nay sayers...now let's go beat the gators...WDE!       

I think to wait and comment actually shows that we as Auburn fans were never concerned about the outcome. It isn't professional to offer up I told you so's. I could care less about the lack of interest outside Auburn regarding the end of the investigation. The fact that the NCAA brought closure to the investigation cuts to the very heart of the nay sayers...now let's go beat the gators...WDE!       

While I agree that most of us probably were not too concerned, it was one of the bigger stories in Alabama the past year. 

I think to wait and comment actually shows that we as Auburn fans were never concerned about the outcome. It isn't professional to offer up I told you so. I could care less about the lack of interest outside Auburn regarding the end of the investigation. The fact that the NCAA brought closure to the investigation cuts to the very heart of the naysayers...now let's go beat the gators...WDE!       

Eli Gold is one half of that morning team. Eli would have no part of "I told you so's" in defense of AU. For a radio show, sports reporter of any caliber or a network to ignore that story, pretty much removes them from serious status instantly.

If it were announced that the NCAA was leveling sanctions because they found wrongdoing, do you really think the same lack of coverage would be there?

The NCAA releasing that statement yesterday is an unprecedented move for them, it is an action they have never taken before. In the past they have always told the school and any statement of clarity came from the school. That, in and of itself, is more newsworthy than anything that station has covered since it recently started broadcasting.

I think to wait and comment actually shows that we as Auburn fans were never concerned about the outcome. It isn't professional to offer up I told you so. I could care less about the lack of interest outside Auburn regarding the end of the investigation. The fact that the NCAA brought closure to the investigation cuts to the very heart of the naysayers...now let's go beat the gators...WDE!       

Eli Gold is one half of that morning team. Eli would have no part of "I told you so's" in defense of AU. For a radio show, sports reporter of any caliber or a network to ignore that story, pretty much removes them from serious status instantly.

If it were announced that the NCAA was leveling sanctions because they found wrongdoing, do you really think the same lack of coverage would be there?

The NCAA releasing that statement yesterday is an unprecedented move for them, it is an action they have never taken before. In the past they have always told the school and any statement of clarity came from the school. That, in and of itself, is more newsworthy than anything that station has covered since it recently started broadcasting.

It doesn't have to presented as unprecedented. The ones that reported the initial story know that it's unprecedented. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be shouted from the highest mountain...strength and courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it's that quiet voice at the end of the day that says we will keep on working hard because we believe in what we're doing.

Um okay. Thankfully most local news outlets didn't treat it that way. The Bham News, had it as front page,above the fold,  bold black banner today. Right where it should have been.

Strength and courage doesn't have to roar?

No, but the truth does.

We just have to disagree on this one.

Um okay. Thankfully most local news outlets didn't treat it that way. The Bham News, had it as front page,above the fold,  bold black banner today. Right where it should have been.

Strength and courage doesn't have to roar?

No, but the truth does.

We just have to disagree on this one.

So we disagree...no harm no foul. War Eagle!

Archived