Finebuam Story about Updyke

ballrun44

This just shows that Finebaum will defend all things bammer no matter how vile the act is.  If an Auburn person had of committed a hate crime on this level Finebaum would be using it to mock Auburn and would attempt to boost his own ratings by making the trial the biggest circus possible. 

But for alabama he goes out of his way to defend the eco terrorist and then attempts to make it sound like the common gump fan didn't approve which is just more propaganda & and another bama lie.  I despise Paul Finebaum more and more every time he opens his mouth.  I wish his income tax records could be made public.  I would love to know how much the REC has "loaned" him over the years vs what Cecil Hurt was caught taking.

Updyke committed a hate crime against Auburn that he spent a lot of time planning and doing, it was not a spur of the moment lapse in judgement and he definitely wanted recognition because he thought bammers would be pleased with him.  Hate crimes are some serious stuff.

Read the fbomb "article". What an unadulterated self-serving piece of "journalistic" crap.

Another feeble attempt by fbomb to placate the updyke nation while desperately trying to "un-jump" the shark that he and sheridan jumped together.

Fact is, updyke is a former law enforcement officer. He knew he was going to break the law when he planned to poison the trees. He was so proud of himself he called his idol, fbomb, to brag about it, hoping for notoriety. harvey got arrested and now it's "poor me". Well, TS harvey...don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Remorse? harvey is sorry for getting arrested and is scared of prison time....he should have considered the consequences when he poisoned the trees.

Remember folks, updyke is not charged with being "too full of bammer", he's charged with committing a CRIME. 

I hope harvey gets the maximum sentence possible. And when he has served the prison sentence he so richly deserves maybe then he will be remorseful and truly apologize. Until then I will withhold my forgiveness.

Don't post much but have a question. Finebaum mentions updykes career as a state trooper. how do we know he was an honorable trooper? most are but was he a profiler, did he stop more women than men. somebody get a statement from the texas dept of public about his career. maybe PF already has but share it with us.... just sayin....

How do we know that he was really a trooper? I think about 10 years in the state pen with about 15 years in the federal pen would be about right. What about the other trees that are showing signs of the poison?What about the poison getting in the water table? And the effects that the poison has on the entire downtown area - are there any effects possible? And how do we know that he has not committed similar crimes that have not come to light yet?

Don't post much but have a question. Finebaum mentions updykes career as a state trooper. how do we know he was an honorable trooper? most are but was he a profiler, did he stop more women than men. somebody get a statement from the texas dept of public about his career. maybe PF already has but share it with us.... just sayin....

How do we know that he was really a trooper? I think about 10 years in the state pen with about 15 years in the federal pen would be about right. What about the other trees that are showing signs of the poison?What about the poison getting in the water table? And the effects that the poison has on the entire downtown area - are there any effects possible? And how do we know that he has not committed similar crimes that have not come to light yet?

I don't know that he was a trooper, but I'm sure it's easily verifiable.  I see no reason to doubt that he was a trooper.  Besides, that's irrelevant to the case.

The impact of his actions is relevant to the case; but, as far as I understand it, his actions have not put people in danger.  Whether that potential was there (to harm people) is another question.

I'm not sure what the maximum sentence is for his crime, but, in the scheme of things, this is not a major crime.  I know the Toomers Oaks are important to us and that may be a factor in the case, but this is not like armed robbery or rape or murder. 

He hasn't been accused of any other crimes, as far as I know.  You can't sentence someone based on speculation that they might have 'committed similar crimes'.  You have to try/sentence them based on the crime(s) for which they are accused/convicted. 

I think Finebum wrote this as a cya thing- I could see a lawyer defending the updyke trash by saying PF's radio show incited him to do the act.

If I were defending him, that would be one of my claims. I think that it makes sense.

I think Finebum wrote this as a cya thing- I could see a lawyer defending the updyke trash by saying PF's radio show incited him to do the act.

If I were defending him, that would be one of my claims. I think that it makes sense.

If updyke's lawyer is planning to use PF's show as a defense, PF's article probably won't dissuade the defense from using it....the article may even enhance the case for the defense. If it makes it to trial, I'd call PF as a witness, LOL!

I doubt the PF defense would save updyke from conviction or lessen updyke's sentence but as you imply, it could set PF for a hefty lawsuit if updyke is convicted. And as you point out, a civil suit is what PF is probably trying to cover his a** about. Probably too late for PF to cover his a** though, the "damage" has already been done.

"Do you think I give a damn?"  Harvey Updyke response when asked by Paul Finebaum if poisoning the Toomer's oaks with Spike 80 was a crime (during the infamous call).

For some reason that statement is seared into my mind.

One might argue that, by giving Updyke an open forum to brag about his actions, and then having him on the show numerous times after, Paul Finebaum encouraged (and continues to encourage) destructive behavior like this. 

One might argue that, by giving Updyke an open forum to brag about his actions, and then having him on the show numerous times after, Paul Finebaum encouraged (and continues to encourage) destructive behavior like this. 

And that's one of the many problems in our society today.  People are always looking someone else to blame for their own bad decisions.  While I'm don't approve of the way Finebaum fans the flames between the fanbases, to blame him for Harvey Updyke's actions is plum ridiculous. 

Archived