Yards passing by Clint for the Ole Miss game

tomtomwde

How many yards passing will Clint have?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards passing will Clint have?

• 100-150
    • 151-200
    • 201-250
    • 251-300

I was impressed with what Clint was able to do at LSU.  He made two bad throws imo. He also had good poise and made some good passes.

Ole Miss is no Lsu.  Yes the team needs to have Blake back.  Lutz and O-MAC cannot be the only Target.

What do yall think?

I think that Gus tries to get the o-line some confidence and Clint gets around the 230 yard mark.

I may be looking through my O&B glasses, but.  :wareagle:

I would like to see Reed and Bray get some passes in space but not behind the LOS.

Plus some slants and quick developing 3 step drops.  Plus pound with Dyer and throw in some Mason and O-Mac on the ground as well.  Ole Miss is giving up 222.9 yards per game on the ground last time I saw the numbers. Add in some first down passes and even some play action on first down and I think the offense can find a groove.

I would like to see Reed and Bray get some passes in space but not behind the LOS.

Plus some slants and quick developing 3 step drops.  Plus pound with Dyer and throw in some Mason and O-Mac on the ground as well.   Ole Miss is giving up 222.9 yards per game on the ground last time I saw the numbers. Add in some first down passes and even some play action on first down and I think the offense can find a groove.

Have we run any quick slants this year? Seems like most of what we run is bubble screens and deep post routes. I would think some quick 3-step timing throws would help with our QB's confidence.

I think the offense is going to look great against the, uh, black bears.  I don't count out Benton to help out Clint; I think he's gotten much more reliable.

I look for Frazier to get a pass completion this saturday as well.

:wareagle:

How many passing yards he has is going to depend on whether he has protection or being knocked on his ass all day long.

^^^THIS^^^

Hard to throw off your backside for sure. Hopefully the o-line will challenge themselves and show some improvement this week! I'm positive Grimes is very bothered by the way the line performed although they were going against some of the best d-linemen n the nation. Although I do believe the youth is not as viable as excuse due to the most experienced seemingly having the most problem

Not just QB confidence but would take some pressure off the o-line by making the opposing D play more honest in their coverages and not just load up to stop the run or plow through the QB.

Plus some slants and quick developing 3 step drops.  Plus pound with Dyer and throw in some Mason and O-Mac on the ground as well.   Ole Miss is giving up 222.9 yards per game on the ground last time I saw the numbers. Add in some first down passes and even some play action on first down and I think the offense can find a groove.

Have we run any quick slants this year? Seems like most of what we run is bubble screens and deep post routes. I would think some quick 3-step timing throws would help with our QB's confidence.

Yes and Reed took a shot...I do believe Moseley throws a better slant though

How many passing yards he has is going to depend on whether he has protection or being knocked on his ass all day long.

^^^THIS^^^

Hard to throw off your backside for sure. Hopefully the o-line will challenge themselves and show some improvement this week! I'm positive Grimes is very bothered by the way the line performed although they were going against some of the best d-linemen n the nation. Although I do believe the youth is not as viable as excuse due to the most experienced seemingly having the most problem

Yep, we had 2 Srs, 2 Fr and 1 Jr against their 2 deep DL of 5 under classmen and 3 upper classmen.  Not much we can say about youth on that one,it was fairly even.

True, our senior on the left side was getting destroyed.

Anyway, I'll say 200 yards for CM, if he gets decent protection. Maybe more with good protection.

I voted for 150-200 yards. Gus simply won't call enough pass plays for Clint to surpass this range. I think Dyer gets his second-highest carry total of the season this Sat. (behind South Carolina).

Just curious, have we ever thrown to Dyer out of the backfield? I can't recall it happening, but the memory is not perfect.

Dyer has 2 career receptions for 15 yards (1 against USC this year and one last year). That's an area where TJ Yeldon will really help us. He has great hands out of the backfield--something I don't know that we've had since Cadillac/Brown.

I hope clint has a great game. I too voted 150-200 and that being on the high side. But if clint comes out with that range and a few TDs would do nothing but build his confidence after last week of running for his life. I also hope we hold nothin back and run the score sky high.. I know we are capable of it..

Guest jojo1515

Unable to answer this properly.....I need a 300+ button!! :happydance:  I think CM lights it up after surviving an LSU beatdown while still looking pretty good.....UM ought to seem like middle school!

Just curious, have we ever thrown to Dyer out of the backfield? I can't recall it happening, but the memory is not perfect.

Dyer has 2 career receptions for 15 yards (1 against USC this year and one last year). That's an area where TJ Yeldon will really help us. He has great hands out of the backfield--something I don't know that we've had since Cadillac/Brown.

They tried it in practice, every time they threw the ball toward Dyer, the ball would see his biceps, pass out from fear, and then fall swiftly to the ground.

Unable to answer this properly.....I need a 300+ button!! :happydance:  I think CM lights it up after surviving an LSU beatdown while still looking pretty good.....UM ought to seem like middle school!

Well my bad.  I honestly do not see Clint throwing for that much.  That is why I did not make 300+ an option.

I see where you are coming from though.

:tdau:

^^^^^      I do expect to see that a couple of times.

Archived