Third Debate--Who Won

Proud Tiger

I'm sure the media polls will say Kerry won the 3rd debate tonight but I believe Bush solidified his reelection. I think Bush will get a bounce in the polls in the coming days. But only time will tell.

I'm going to go against most of the news outlets and profound analysts such as Ron Regan Jr. and go out on a limb by saying Bush won.

Bush made a comment about Kerry's wife and abstinance.... The way he worded it was a riot... I'm wondering if it just came out wrong or if it was a subtle jab at Kerry. "Hey Kerry, wife ain't treatin ya right?"

PT, I tend to agree that Bush won this one. That evens the score at 1-1-1 but the media will continue to drive their pro Kerry agenda for the next three weeks.

One thing that I think may come back to bite Kerry is the low blow, mean spirited attack on Cheney's daughter. Swing voters and women my not ike suh a blatant low blow.

I too thought it was a Bush win. I'd score the debates 1-1-1, possibly giving Bush a slight win in the second one but willing to concede a draw. My favorites line was something like, "A 'plan' is not a litany of complaints." THANK YOU! I've heard the word "plan" more times with less to back it up out of Kerry's mouth than anything else that's been said.

One thing I'd still have popped Kerry on this contention of his that Bush didn't go about this war the right way because he didn't build a "real" coalition or have "real" alliances. Really, Senator? Perhaps you could then explain to us how the first President Bush could put together precisely the kind of "real" coalition of nations that you're bitching about here, yet you voted against the first Gulf War. The truth is, Kerry is just repeating a soundbite he thinks works for him, not speaking from deeply rooted principle on this matter.

PT, I tend to agree that Bush won this one.  That evens the score at 1-1-1 but the media will continue to drive their pro Kerry agenda for the next three weeks.

One thing that I think may come back to bite Kerry is the low blow, mean spirited attack on Cheney's daughter.  Swing voters and women my not ike suh a blatant low blow.

111198[/snapback]

"mean spirited attack"? Explain, please.

Kerry brought up Cheney's daughter as a pawn to try to make a political point. She has never been an outspoken advocate for gay marriage and by trying to use her is mean spirited and classless tactic. Kerry and Ewards both have tried to exploit Cheneys daughter to paint Bush Cheney as hipoctritical. When you can show me any statements that show that she wanted to e a poster child for gay marriage I wil apologize for calling the attack mean spirited.

By the way even many the Lib spinsters on the debate analysis shows tonight agree that Kerry stepped over the line and will probably have to issue an apology. Hell even Ron Reagan Jr. said he thinks Kerry should apologize ad he's as liberal as they come.

Kerry brought up Cheney's daughter as a pawn to try to make a political point. She has never been an outspoken advocate for gay marriage and by trying to use her is mean spirited and classless tactic.  Kerry and Ewards both have tried to exploit Cheneys daughter to paint Bush Cheney as hipoctritical.  When you can show me any statements that show that she wanted to e a poster child for gay marriage I wil apologize for calling the attack mean spirited.

By the way even many the Lib spinsters on the debate analysis shows tonight agree that Kerry stepped over the line and will probably have to issue an apology.  Hell even Ron Reagan Jr. said he thinks Kerry should apologize ad he's as liberal as they come.

111206[/snapback]

Ron Jr. is a milquetoast in a conservative echo chamber.

Lynn Cheney used to deny her daughter's sexuality, but in 2004 they have discussed it on the stump:

“Lynne and I have a gay daughter, so it’s an issue our family is very familiar with,” Cheney told an audience that included his daughter. “With the respect to the question of relationships, my general view is freedom means freedom for everyone. ... People ought to be free to enter into any kind of relationship they want to.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5817720/

It seems that Lynn is still uncomfortable with it, though.

Mary Cheney has been open about her sexuality both personally and professionally:

Enter Mary Cheney, 31, lesbian, and the daughter of Dick and Lynne. She is blonde, athletic, and has been open about her sexual orientation for many years. Mary and her partner live in Conifer, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.

Until May of this year, Mary Cheney was the lesbian/gay corporate relations manager for Coors Brewing Company. Coors was once boycotted by the GLBT community for its anti-gay political activity. In the early 1990's Coors did marketing analysis and discovered that the boycott was costing them money.

http://www.rainbow-akron.com/stonewall/AUG_P7.htm

Kerry's "attack" was this:

Kerry referred to Mary Cheney as a "lesbian" in answer to a question about whether he thought homosexuality was a choice.

"I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as," Kerry told debate moderator Bob Schieffer.

It was not a gay marriage question and Kerry never claimed she supported gay marriage. Kerry doesn't support gay marriage. Not sure what debate you were watching.

Your friends at NewsMax called that an "attack." Saying an openly gay person is merely being who there were born to be hardly qualifies as an attack, IMO.

It was classless to drag the candidates kids into this. The remark was being shot down on almost every review I have seen so far. Even real libs saw it as a mistake.

While I can see where it could be perceived as "off-limits" and that he used her as a pawn in a political point, I honestly didn't think anything of it at the time.

While I can see where it could be perceived as "off-limits" and that he used her as a pawn in a political point, I honestly didn't think anything of it at the time.

111228[/snapback]

BTW, Your bottom sig line is hilarious. Did you come up with it? I've been using it as a joke.

111228[/snapback]

BTW, Your bottom sig line is hilarious. Did you come up with it? I've been using it as a joke.

111231[/snapback]

Thanks. Actually, I saw it on a couple of places on the web but couldn't determine who came up with it, so I just stole it. I thought someone on ITAT said it originally and was attributing it to them, but then saw a post that pre-dated his. It is hilarious.

I think Kerry won. At least as far as style and presentation are concerned...when really thats what matters because the voters arent going to go read the transcript. Bush just seems too frustrated in his responses.

I think the first was a draw (slight edge maybe to kerry). Bush handily won the second. Cheney SLAUGHTERED edwards. And kerry won this one.

I will say, however, that Kerry seems awfully uncomfortable when talking about matters of faith.

Bush really took it to Kerry last night. He finally got on the offensive at times. Since I only picked up the debate 30 minutes into it, I wont call it a win for either party, but that last hour was a Bush victory in my mind. Of course, I am a little biased.

AND, I thought using Cheney's daughter as a political pawn was WAY over the line. Thats just not right.

Interestingly enough...Kerry has actually met Dick Gephart's daughter who is openly gay and was campaigning for Dick...why didnt he user her since he actually KNOWS her?

*** Moderator Edited***

Sorry guys, but that was a little over the top...

111352[/snapback]

Wow, I've finally come of age at AUNation. I had a post deleted. Thanks Jenny :roflol:

*** Moderator Edited***

111352[/snapback]

One word: boo! :P;)

I meant to capitalize Bush. Would that've made it ok?

What abound spanked, or pounded? :ph34r:

*** Moderator Edited***

111352[/snapback]

Wow, I've finally come of age at AUNation. I had a post deleted. Thanks Jenny :roflol:

111636[/snapback]

I helped!!!!! :)

Archived