Virginia has sold...

wdeexit310

In September 2009 I was laid-off of my job.  My wife (AU '94 grad). I, a from the point of inception Auburn fan. ('68). Needless to say we love Auburn.

Due to obvious finanical hardships during this time. We had to give up our season tickets after so many years of having them, as well as other things.  From that time on the Tigers go to a bowl game (2009), go on to win a national championship, another SEC championship in 2010. This years young group finished the regular season better than most expected. 

I am now one month into a new job as a PM with a construction company.  The Auburn team and many of it's fortunate family members get to go to a bowl game.

The other night my wife calls me as we are both on the way home from our respective jobs.  She tells me to meet her at chick-fil-A.  I'm game for that!  I meet her inside, we order our food, and sit down. She hands me a box wraped in plain white paper with a ribbon on top. She says; this is a gift for you.  Surprised I open the box.  Inside was shreaded paper and a note that read. "Congratulations, you have two tickets to the Chick-fil-A bowl, your seats are on the 50 yrd line.  I love you-War Eagle!" :wareagle:

What a surprise indeed!  Her boss realizing she is an Auburn grad and a huge fan of all things Auburn.  He gave her these tickets located on the 50 yard line.  We do not know who's 50 it will be, we really don't care!  We will be in the Georgia dome screaming our heads off and yelling War Eagle! Win or lose.  After all the struggles we have been through over the past couple of years. It's a blast just to know we will be there pulling for our Auburn Tigers. What a surprise!! Like Chizik says; "this is a God thing". What a blessing just to be a in the Auburn family and be able to go to this game.  War Eagle! :trampoline:

I really enjoyed reading your post and I hope you and your wife have a great time. I hope all your hard times

are in the rear view mirror. God  Bless

Archived