Shon Coleman

aujess07

Hearing rumblings on Twitter that Shon may be able to participate this spring.

You know how rumors go, but it would make my day if Shon was able to strap the pads back on. He truly deserves it!

WDE Shon!

Wow, that would be so great for Shon.  

Not just great for Shon, but all of the organizations that help kids like him.  Think of the attention St. Judes would get from one of their patients playing football in the SEC.  Many, many kids will benefit from Shon being able to play.

His being on campus and part of the team is also a testament to our head coach. Seems like earlier this week a different school and coach told a commitment, who happened to have a bum knee, thanks but no thanks. Even after the kid had been committed for 11 months.

Does anyone know what Shon weighs now? Cancer treatments have a tendency of killing our appetite. I hope he has found a way of maintaining weight. I hope only great things for him.

Wow... that would be amazing. To see Shon actually get on the field... how incredible would that be? I may have to stock up on some champagne. Seeing that young man make it back onto the grid iron with a chance to realize the potential that was almost stolen from him would be worth a huge celebration regardless of what kind of season we have.

Imagine the roar at JHS if he ever played a down... amazing and inspiring story. These are the types of men/women that set us apart

I'd try my best to be there for that one. Deafening.

Hearing rumblings on Twitter that Shon may be able to participate this spring.

You know how rumors go, but it would make my day if Shon was able to strap the pads back on. He truly deserves it!

WDE Shon!

I just got chills reading this and thinking he maybe able to return to the playing field.

Think what's it's gonna sound like in JH when he gets introduced the first time.  Chill bump time.  :thumbsup:

My niece who at the age of 19 who is now 22.  Battled at UAB, a very radical form of Lukemia into remission. We are so thankful for all the professional treatment staff at UAB.  She did not experience much weight loss.  However, everyone as you can imagine are different.  But one of the things they focus on is your diet.  They really work on keeping your system as strong as possible through the treatments.  So he may trim down any fat that he had.  But he certainly should not be a skinny guy.  I hope he comes back! :thumbsup:

My sister-in-law is just coming out of her battle and is in remission. She also went to UAB and was treated by some very good doctors. I've seen first hand what the chemo/radiation can do to someone. Granted Shon is definitely a physical specimen, but it does take quite a lot out of you. I know he has been done with treatments for a little while, but to think he can play ball again is more amazing than most know. WDE Shon!!!

That would be great. I think he and our new FB might become good friends. Cancer survivors and people touched by cancer truly know what it is like to stand at the edge of life. Your perspective on things is never the same. If Shon can run on to that field I wish there would be a way that the entire Auburn Family could lift him on our shoulders and carry him around the field. War Eagle Shon and God bless you.  

My niece who at the age of 19 who is now 22.  Battled at UAB, a very radical form of Lukemia into remission. We are so thankful for all the professional treatment staff at UAB.  She did not experience much weight loss.  However, everyone as you can imagine are different.  But one of the things they focus on is your diet.  They really work on keeping your system as strong as possible through the treatments.  So he may trim down any fat that he had.  But he certainly should not be a skinny guy.  I hope he comes back! :thumbsup:

We at UAB want to thank her for letting us take care of her. I work in Radiology and routinely perform x-rays in BMT.

On to the topic at hand. One thing to remember is that Shon was a highly talented recruit when he signed. I don't see that changing. A focused and determined athlete with God given talent is a sight to behold. I think Auburn will see the dividends of staying by Shon's side. Not only from the personal gratification from it but on the field.

He wouldn't even need to play a down. Just to see him run out onto the field in O&B would make me  :party:.

I'm guess this means that he is progressing well.

Imagine this line for the next few years:

LT: Greg Robinson

LG: Christian Westerman

C: Reese Dismukes

RG: Mack/Callahan/whomever

RT: Shon Coleman

Think that won't have opposing defenses quaking? And what a great story Shon has been already!!

absolutely, he'd be a walking testimony for their hard work and dedication.

He would be a walking testimony to how Auburn stands by their commitment and word to players in health or sickness unlike the ole updyke U...

absolutely, he'd be a walking testimony for their hard work and dedication.

He would be IS a walking testimony to how Auburn stands by their commitment and word to players in health or sickness unlike the ole updyke U...

FIFY! :thumbsup:

Archived