Frazier is gonna be good...

TigerTaz

Gus Malzahn predicted before he left that Frazier would lead this team in 2012.  He may not have passed much but the kid has not even been in Auburn a year yet.  Hasn't had a spring practice or anything.  The experience he had will be VERY valuable next season..  You can not expect a true freshman to set the world on fire in year 1.  That's why Chizik and staff decided to play him this past season! 

From auburntigers.com...

HIGH SCHOOL: Named USA Today's National Offensive Player of the Year ... Listed as the nation's No. 2 quarterback by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. and the No. 47 player overall on the ESPNU 150 ... Ranked No. 4 nationally among quarterbacks by Scout.com ... Named the nation's No. 5 quarterback, the No. 2 player from the state of Arkansas and the No. 89 player nationally by Rivals.com ... Rated as the No. 4 dual threat quarterback in the nation, the No. 2 recruit from Arkansas and the No. 101 player overall nationally by 247Sports ... Ranked as the No. 2 combo passer and the No. 11 overall prospect in the MaxPreps Top 100 ... Named an All-American, the nation's No. 4 quarterback and the No. 1 recruit from Arkansas by SuperPrep and the No. 26 overall player nationally in the SuperPrep Elite 50 ... Named to the PrepStar Dream Team as the No. 100-ranked player in the nation ... Named to the Parade All-America team ... Played in the Under Armour All-American game ... Selected to play for USA Football's 2011 U.S. Under-19 National Team in the Team USA vs. the World game on Feb. 2... Ranked No. 42 in the Mobile Press-Register's Super Southeast 120 ... Named to the Orlando Sentinel's All-Southern Team as a first-team selection from Arkansas ... Led his team to Class 4A state championship each of the last three seasons, earning MVP honors all three years ... During senior season, passed for 2,975 yards and 42 touchdowns and rushed for 1,164 yards and 22 TDs ... As a junior, threw for 3,817 yards with 48 touchdowns and rushed for 764 yards and 14 scores ... Passed for 1,437 yards and 17 touchdowns as a sophomore with 990 yards yards and 15 TDs. http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/frazier_kiehl00.html

Jason Campbell was a five star coming in and we all thought he was going to set the world on fire, but it wasn't until his senior year that he was able to read SEC defenses and really be the talent we all thought he would be. He then of course led us to an awesome undefeated season.

We should be patient with Frazier and realize that even the best high school quarterbacks might take several years in college before we see their full potential come to fruition.

I think if our O line had been (even a little better) any of our QBs' would have been fine this year. (Think Chris Todd behind his line)

PS- Kiehl Frazier will be a beast. And to all the Bammer lurkers - Hide and watch!

I had this typed for another thread that got zapped. :tease:

Nothing I've seen out of our quarterback play in 2011 makes me feel like we have a quarterback on the roster that can take us to an SEC Western Division Championship in 2012.

However, after a couple of years of seasoning and with the right quarterback coach, I believe Frazier has the intangibles to become that quarterback. We as fans shouldn't put more pressure on him than what there already is. Like I previously mentioned, it took Jason Campbell until his senior year before we saw his true potential.

I think young quarterbacks spend more time thinking than reacting and that's where mistakes come in.

We have to remember that Frazier is going to have to learn a new offense that's different from the one that he's been in for the past 4-5 years.

I hate to bring up uat, but the same comments were made about AJ before the season.  The only difference was he wasn't moving to a new offense.

I hate to bring up uat, but the same comments were made about AJ before the season.  The only difference was he wasn't moving to a new offense.

Luckily for AJ, he had the #1 defense in the country to bail him out.

Fraizer will be special. I think he wins the job easily in the spring.

Frazier is by far the most talented quarterback on the roster and it's not close.

Look at LSU and Bama. They did not exactly have stellar quarterbacks. Worked out pretty well for them.

Yeah, you're talking about the two best defenses in college football.

How many people heard of this years Heisman Trophy winner, DGIII before this year. KF will be a great QB if he works at it. I do not see any reason to think he will win us at least 1 NC before his career @ Auburn is over. I will be glad when people realize that great things take time. I think winning the NC last has given some of our fan base an unrealistic time table to achieve the goal of CGC to be contenders for the NC year in and year out. He is building this program almost from the ground up. There was a very limited talent level when he first arrived but now we are in contention for many 4 and 5 star recruits every year! We've had back to back top 3 recruiting classes and we are on pace for a top 10 this year. Let's enjoy what is being built now so we can tell our children and grand children about being part of Auburn before they became a power house.

BE PATIENT PLEASE!! :cool::);D:believe:

I won't predict if KF will be special, etc. I will only say that imo, he has all of the tools AND I perceive that he has the winning attitude to go along with it--which is essential. I say this because I haven't seen an ounce of prima donna in him. All indications are that he is a team player. In my book, that is even more important than the physical tools and ability. Now, since he has both, I believe that he can be one of our best ever. But there is a long way between can be and being. If his decision making and game management continue to progress, I see him as the starter next year.

How many people heard of this years Heisman Trophy winner, DGIII before this year. KF will be a great QB if he works at it.

This.

However, people that followed college football closely realized RG3 was a special talent as he started ever since he was a freshman at Baylor, but an injury put an early damper on his career before he clawed back.

Like you said, we just need to be patient. Remember, and I hate to be redundant, but it wasn't until Jason Campbell's senior year before we saw his true potential and he led us to an undefeated season. People need to realize that it might not be until Frazier's senior year before he leads us to another championship, but I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. War Eagle!

I won't predict if KF will be special, etc. I will only say that imo, he has all of the tools AND I perceive that he has the winning attitude to go along with it--which is essential. I say this because I haven't seen an ounce of prima donna in him. All indications are that he is a team player. In my book, that is even more important than the physical tools and ability. Now, since he has both, I believe that he can be one of our best ever. But there is a long way between can be and being. If his decision making and game management continue to progress, I see him as the starter next year.

Great post, but I'm very hesitant on saying any player has the potential to be better than Cam Newton.

Kiehl will be really good.  Jason Campbell's slow development was in part due to the revolving offensive coordinators and schemes. 

Yep AJ didn't complete one pass on Auburn when he came into the game for injured opie in 2010 Iron Bowl.

Kiehl will be really good.  Jason Campbell's slow development was in part due to the revolving offensive coordinators and schemes. 

Yeah, unfortunately Kiehl will be having to learn a different offense than the one he's been the last 4-5 years.

It's not gong to be that hard for him to learn a different system. He has the physical attributes to succeed, the rest is learning it. Besides we do not even know how different the schemes will be yet.

Great post, but I'm very hesitant on saying any player has the potential to be better than Cam Newton.

Me too TW. I won't go that far, yet. We are talking a once-in-a-lifetime player there. Thx

How many people heard of this years Heisman Trophy winner, DGIII before this year. KF will be a great QB if he works at it.

This.

However, people that followed college football closely realized RG3 was a special talent as he started ever since he was a freshman at Baylor, but an injury put an early damper on his career before he clawed back.

Like you said, we just need to be patient. Remember, and I hate to be redundant, but it wasn't until Jason Campbell's senior year before we saw his true potential and he led us to an undefeated season. People need to realize that it might not be until Frazier's senior year before he leads us to another championship, but I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. War Eagle!

I don't recall but did Campbell take meaningful snaps as a freshman? He wasn't the starter his freshman or sophmore year correct. And I think he gets a mulligan for the Nallsminger year.

This.

I don't recall but did Campbell take meaningful snaps as a freshman? He wasn't the starter his freshman or sophmore year correct. And I think he gets a mulligan for the Nallsminger year.

Yeah, he took meaningful snaps.  Remember his TD run at Syracuse? 

Another thing we must consider, he is not Campbell,Newton or anybody else for that matter. I'd rather think about the positives about the QB's we have.

I'm just hoping the time will come when we will finally go into the season knowing what we have at  QB. it's impossible to predict how a season will go when QB is a question mark.

This.

I don't disagree.  But it seemed like Jason really benifitted from Big Al Borges coming in and doing a good job coaching quaterbacks.  I am really really really hopeful that the new OC is a VERY good qb coach.  If so, anything is possible.

Archived