Frazier is gonna be good...

TigerTaz

Anyone old enough to remember on the pregame show discussing his earlier woes: "Jason Campbell needed a buddy. He needed....Al Borges???"

I hate to be a Debbie Downer about him but all I see in him is a Kodi Burns type player because I haven't really seen him throw a decent pass.  In a huge way that's good if he can be a Kodi Burns but in another way it's not because that means he doesn't pan out at QB.  I sure hope he proves me wrong and he can be a Kodi Burn's/Jason Campbell of sorts but only time will tell!

KF is going to be good.  IF the OL can be average next year then KF will be good next year.  

Now to JC......  JC was leading the nation in completion percentage in 2003.  The problem with the offense was coaching and play calling.   Auburn could not get a first down.  IF it was 3rd and 6 we threw a 4 yard pass.  3rd and 4 and we threw a 3 yard pass.    This was a coaching issue.

Jason Campbell was a five star coming in and we all thought he was going to set the world on fire, but it wasn't until his senior year that he was able to read SEC defenses and really be the talent we all thought he would be. He then of course led us to an awesome undefeated season.

We should be patient with Frazier and realize that even the best high school quarterbacks might take several years in college before we see their full potential come to fruition.

he was pretty good when petrino had him for the second half of the 2002 season. that year would have been just as good as georgia's. i sure you guys remember how many comebacks he had when cobb was cutting it. plus he was doing it with two  true freshman receivers

I can't wait to see Frazier (and the other QBs) in the spring game. The only thing Frazier lacks is reading the secondary and looking off the Safety. He has the arm, mobility, and seems pretty sharp. He'll get there.

Jason Campbell was a five star coming in and we all thought he was going to set the world on fire, but it wasn't until his senior year that he was able to read SEC defenses and really be the talent we all thought he would be. He then of course led us to an awesome undefeated season.

We should be patient with Frazier and realize that even the best high school quarterbacks might take several years in college before we see their full potential come to fruition.

Campbell was progressing nicely as a sophomore under Bobby Petrino (over 60% completions, 11/5 TD/Int while averaging just more than ten passes per game) before Nallsminger happened.

Patient with Frazier, certainly, but I'm not about to question his ability to get the job done whenever everything clicks for him...and that could well happen before next season, or even during the season.

Nothing I've seen out of our quarterback play in 2011 makes me feel like we have a quarterback on the roster that can take us to an SEC Western Division Championship in 2012.

Kinda hard to judge QB play when the QB is scrambling for his life most of the time.

If anyone has any doubt just watch this video with KF as QB,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dck4iTazQPg

they removed the music, but you should watch it regardless.

AUsome display of mental toughness.

KF can punt!!! Definately need to work on a quick kick in case we ever need it

I think you are going to see a big difference in KF this coming year. There is a point in time when a person who is learning and adjusting to something new, especially when speed is involved, when they will say to themselves " I am taking control, I have the skills to do this ".  As long as a person does have the skill set, that moment is a game changer. KF certainly has the skill set and I think we will see a less shy and more confident, take control, KF at QB next year.

I say all this from personal experience. I remember when I went from subsonic to super sonic jets. Everything was happening at three times the speed as before and I thought I would never be able to catch up. Then after about 4 flights in the new aircraft, I had a moment like the one I just described and not long after that I am flying formation on another guy's wingtip.

I think you are going to see a big difference in KF this coming year. There is a point in time when a person who is learning and adjusting to something new, especially when speed is involved, when they will say to themselves " I am taking control, I have the skills to do this ".  As long as a person does have the skill set, that moment is a game changer. KF certainly has the skill set and I think we will see a less shy and more confident, take control, KF at QB next year.

I say all this from personal experience. I remember when I went from subsonic to super sonic jets. Everything was happening at three times the speed as before and I thought I would never be able to catch up. Then after about 4 flights in the new aircraft, I had a moment like the one I just described and not long after that I am flying formation on another guy's wingtip.

I agree, although I have not flown any jets, the same applies to racing. I remember going from 12-13 sec street cars to something that was in the high 9's thinking holy $&@!, but you get used to it after a few passes and think it is normal speed.

Any Admiral's daughters??????????????

Any Admiral's daughters??????????????

Only Peggy Benjamin...

Kinda hard to judge QB play when the QB is scrambling for his life most of the time.

I felt this way for half of the season then Barrett Trotter came in the Virginia game and made handling pressure in your face look easy but that's about the only time this season an AU QB handled pressure that well.

I felt this way for half of the season then Barrett Trotter came in the Virginia game and made handling pressure in your face look easy but that's about the only time this season an AU QB handled pressure that well.

One piece of that, I believe, is the fact that he took his brace off and seemed to have better mobility than he has since high school. This allowed him to escape pressure and make plays. Maybe Clint's apparent lack of mobility and Barrett's injury limited them while Kiehl was too busy learning the ropes to be effective as more than a runner?

Besides, Virginia's defense isn't on par with Alabama's or LSU's, or for that matter probably not even Georgia's. It's good, sure, but it's certainly not an elite SEC unit.

How many people heard of this years Heisman Trophy winner, DGIII before this year. KF will be a great QB if he works at it.

BE PATIENT PLEASE!! :cool::);D:believe:

This.

However, people that followed college football closely realized RG3 was a special talent as he started ever since he was a freshman at Baylor, but an injury put an early damper on his career before he clawed back.

Like you said, we just need to be patient. Remember, and I hate to be redundant, but it wasn't until Jason Campbell's senior year before we saw his true potential and he led us to an undefeated season. People need to realize that it might not be until Frazier's senior year before he leads us to another championship, but I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. War Eagle!

I don't think he was ever a freshman at Baylor...I may be wrong but I think he transferred in with the head coach from somewhere like Houston.

How many people heard of this years Heisman Trophy winner, DGIII before this year. KF will be a great QB if he works at it.

This.

However, people that followed college football closely realized RG3 was a special talent as he started ever since he was a freshman at Baylor, but an injury put an early damper on his career before he clawed back.

Like you said, we just need to be patient. Remember, and I hate to be redundant, but it wasn't until Jason Campbell's senior year before we saw his true potential and he led us to an undefeated season. People need to realize that it might not be until Frazier's senior year before he leads us to another championship, but I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. War Eagle!

I don't think he was ever a freshman at Baylor...I may be wrong but I think he transferred in with the head coach from somewhere like Houston.

No, he was committed to Houston, but flipped to Baylor when Houston's coach left.

This.

No, he was committed to Houston, but flipped to Baylor when Houston's coach left.

^^^That's what it was...thanks nilla!

This.

I don't disagree.  But it seemed like Jason really benifitted from Big Al Borges coming in and doing a good job coaching quaterbacks.  I am really really really hopeful that the new OC is a VERY good qb coach.  If so, anything is possible.

Looks like he will have a VERY good qb coach.  Good things ahead for KF!

Archived