Rammer Jammer.. LOL

lol... that guy is from Eufaula... He plays in a band, and I have seen them play numerous times (not on purpose) at some of the local bars here in town. I guess he never changes his shirt because he has worn the same one every-time I see them! lol

lol... that guy is from Eufaula... He plays in a band, and I have seen them play numerous times (not on purpose) at some of the local bars here in town. I guess he never changes his shirt because he has worn the same one every-time I see them! lol

Would the name of the band happen to be The Grateful Dead??

The ghost of Shorty Price, seriously.

Ok, so I had absolutely know idea who that was. After 15 minutes of Google and Wikipedia I now have my Alabama History lesson for the day. Thanks ET  :thumbsup:

SP probably was UpDyke's personal inspiration......and Bear Bryant's, for being a drunkard at least. :laugh:

From what I've read you're probably right. I found it interesting the guy ran in the primaries for governor at almost every opportunity, but never got more than 2% of the popular vote. If someone like him today were to run, he would probably win.

:beatmullet:

SP probably was UpDyke's personal inspiration......and Bear Bryant's, for being a drunkard at least.   :laugh:

From what I've read you're probably right. I found it interesting the guy ran in the primaries for governor at almost every opportunity, but never got more than 2% of the popular vote. If someone like him today were to run, he would probably win.

:beatmullet:

I heard that Shorty got a big inheritance and one of the criteria for claiming it and continuing to get it was that he had to run for governor in every election.

I remember  Shorty Price walking around with a rubber chicken in bammerham during the AU - uat games doing all type of updyke moves with it.. The updykes cheered him on.

I remember one of the times that Shorty ran his "platform" was jail reform because he said he'd been drunk in every one in the state and knew which one needed fixing.

Archived