2014 3* OL Orlando Brown (Oklahoma signee)

robbykidd

Massive kid already 6'10 360lbs according to Rivals. Brown is the son of former NFL Orlando Brown (6'7 360lbs) who is famous for being hit in the eye by a ref with a penalty marker and sueing the NFL. Even though that's what his dad is remembered for, he was also a beast of an offensive tackle with the nickname "Zeus" and one of the highest paid lineman of his era. He died last year of diabetic ketoacidosis, a rarely fatal medical condition. He plays in Hyattsville, Maryland at

DeMatha Catholic High School.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Orlando-Brown-123618

Yea , but this kid goes to school at Peachtree Ridge so what does Cyrus K have to do with it?

Did you read the original post?

He's from MD but lives in GA now. He does not go to Dematha.

This is correct. Sorry about the confusion in the OP. He transferred from Maryland powerhouse DeMatha Catholic High to Peachtree Ridge High, Suwanee, Ga. earlier this year.

Yes I did. I'm just saying he was a freshman in High School when Cyrus was there so you wouldn't think that would have too much of an influence on him.

Too lazy to look it up but I thought the dematha coach was high on AU and was something we had going for us with CK

• 5 weeks later...

Per BM tonight: "2014 offensive tackle Orlando Brown from Peachtree Ridge in Duluth, Ga., who reportedly is up to 6-10 and 360 pounds, is visiting Auburn Monday. He is the son of former NFL and now deceased offensive lineman Orlando Brown. I'll have a full report tomorrow."

http://247sports.com/Player/Orlando-Brown-10534?pi=30095

He carries some really bad weight, he is gonna have to bust his tail in the gym and on his diet.

keep in mind, sophomore in HS = baby fat. That stuff comes up eventually and as an athlete it will come off better for him. If he can get down to the 320 range that'd be perfect. He should play a lot of basketball. That is a great way to improve footwork and agility for OL and DL.

He carries some really bad weight, he is gonna have to bust his tail in the gym and on his diet.

keep in mind, sophomore in HS = baby fat. That stuff comes up eventually and as an athlete it will come off better for him. If he can get down to the 320 range that'd be perfect. He should play a lot of basketball. That is a great way to improve footwork and agility for OL and DL.

But can also destroy the knees... sadly.

6'10" is really tall for football. I don't think I've ever actually seen a guy that tall playing major college football. Maybe he'll be the first for me. Ha!

That is just ridiculous. He is only in 10th grade. That is the biggest football player I have ever heard of and the fact his dad was a beast. I hope we land him

If he is really 6'10" and only in 10th grade there is a distinct possibility he may outgrow football. There have been a few football players in the 6'9"' to 6'10" inch range but there is a point at which it becomes to difficult to change levels.  If he were to grow another couple of inches I would find it hard to believe he could be a competitive lineman. 

Hopefully he is actually a little shorter than what people are posting which is a very normal occurrence. 

If he does grow a couple of more inches we might want to check out his BBall skills a 7' 360 pound center would definitely be a presence in the Post.

• 9 months later...

6'10" is really tall for football. I don't think I've ever actually seen a guy that tall playing major college football. Maybe he'll be the first for me. Ha!

King Dunlap played offensive tackle @ Auburn and was that tall

King Dunlap played offensive tackle @ Auburn and was that tall

Timeline

• Jan 4
    5_452916.jpgNews
    1/4/2013: Orlando Brown measures 6-foot-7.5, 345 pounds at the Under Armour All-America Combine
    per 247sports

Archived