Rankings!!!

I find it interesting that our LB recruit, Trey Johnson, is the #1 ILB by Rivals (he's close to a 5 star recruit), #23 OLB by scout (he's a 4 star recruit), and #5 ILB by 247sports (imo, he's close to being a 5 star recruit but currently a 4 star recruit).  Scout definitely has the biggest difference of the three and I wonder why. I do realize scout has him as an outside LB and the other two sites have Johnson as an Inside LB.  Does scout predict him as an OLB on the collegiate level?  I'm just curious not saying scout is a horrible evaluator of talent or anything.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks.

I find it interesting that our LB recruit, Trey Johnson, is the #1 ILB by Rivals (he's close to a 5 star recruit), #23 OLB by scout (he's a 4 star recruit), and #5 ILB by 247sports (imo, he's close to being a 5 star recruit but currently a 4 star recruit).  Scout definitely has the biggest difference of the three and I wonder why. I do realize scout has him as an outside LB and the other two sites have Johnson as an Inside LB.  Does scout predict him as an OLB on the collegiate level?  I'm just curious not saying scout is a horrible evaluator of talent or anything.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks.

No offense, but too early to really care. Once he completes his senior season he will get a new evaluation anyway. Not counting combines, All Star games, Under Armor, etc.

Guest jrljr

Scout is biased, 247 is much better. Heck ESPN & rivals are more reliable. Scout evaluates talent fine, it's just obvious they don't care for us.

:beatmullet:

Scout is biased, 247 is much better. Heck ESPN & rivals are more reliable. Scout evaluates talent fine, it's just obvious they don't care for us.

You're off on this one, IMO. 247 is the one that is run by Terry and Lucky (bammers that started Rivals). THEY are the biased ones. We had the #1 class last year on Scout.

Sounds like they're just way off on this one particular kid, imo.

If it is biased and you can't change it why waste your time and precious energy worring about it.

You're off on this one, IMO. 247 is the one that is run by Terry and Lucky (bammers that started Rivals). THEY are the biased ones. We had the #1 class last year on Scout.

Yes, normally our classes are ranked higher on Scout than on Rivals or 247.

FWIW Shannon Terry's nickname is Lucky so it is just 1 person.

Guest jrljr

I stand corrected! I went back and looked and you are absolutely right kolumbo. I have looked back and forth too much lately. I don't subscribe to 247 just like BM's work. I honestly believe Liner to be the best in AL (not that OJ won't be a stud, he's more of a project I believe i.e. competition). It is fair to say Foster is #1 LB in GA but to put TJ beyond 100 is laughable. I have seen TJ  play and WOW. Nkemdieche is a beast but I don't see that happening for us.

:zapbama:

I honestly could care less about recruiting rankings.

I only care about how our coaching staff evaluates talent and recruits the guys we need to improve the Auburn Tigers. National Championships aren't won on NSD. The foundations are built then, but if you don't have a group of young men that come together and play as a team, for each other, then you have nothing but hype.

I honestly could care less about recruiting rankings.

I only care about how our coaching staff evaluates talent and recruits the guys we need to improve the Auburn Tigers. National Championships aren't won on NSD. The foundations are built then, but if you don't have a group of young men that come together and play as a team, for each other, then you have nothing but hype.

I feel exactly the same way, well actually I "couldn't" care less, but unfortunately it is something many of the recruits care about.  Many of them take pride in what "ranking" they have and how the teams they are considering are doing. It's the language they speak so it cant be ignored.  It becomes a PR thing but if you get a top 10 class while filling your needs, it takes care of itself. Of course the ultimate influence on a recruit is how well your program does on the field. But, in the poll driven universe of FBS College Football, its no wonder we have this phenomena.

Don't care if he is a five,four,three,five,on any of the sites.  He is going to be a good football player that is all I know.  Everybody has there own evaluation on a player whether they make it or won't.  I just care that he signs on the dotted line with Auburn.

While I was glad they ranked us number one, I've always found Scout's rating system to be off. Not like in a biased way necessarily, just...off.

While I was glad they ranked us number one, I've always found Scout's rating system to be off. Not like in a biased way necessarily, just...off.

While I think they're pretty good, I don't agree with having 50 5* players every year.

Archived