Equestrian Team

dave69

I doubt if there are any browsers here from the equestrian team members but if anyone here knows someone on the team please alert them.  I just watched a documentary film entitled "Buck".  This the the life story of Buck Brannaman who was the inspiration for the movie "The Horse Whisperer".  This man has an incredible command over horses and always treats them in a very humane manner.  I think this is a must see for anyone who cares about horses.

WDE

Where did you see the documentary? I love horses, and so do my kids. I'd love to watch it. :)

My wife got it on DVD for her birthday.  I don't know if it is available on any of the TV service providers.  She found it on Amazon.com.

WDE

Where did you see the documentary? I love horses, and so do my kids. I'd love to watch it. :)

I don't know what kind of TV service you have but the movie is being shown on The Movie Channel and Showtime.  Here's a link to the scheduled showings:

http://www.sho.com/site/movies/movie.do?seriesid=0&seasonid=0&episodeid=139794

Hope you can get it.

WDE

hey dave69 I see today is your one year anniversary on AE. Congrat's

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :partey: :partey: :partey: :partey: :party: :party: :party::wedance: :wedance: :wedance:

I didn't realize that.  Thanks!

War Eagle forever!

And your next post will be #69 as in dave69.  Happy Anniversary!!

:happydance:   :hellyeah:   :trampoline:   :yay:   :partey:   :rolleyes:

Danke schön mein Herr (or is it mein Frau?).

WDE

WDE

Danke sehr

WDE

Danke sehr

That is very interesting.  All my life I've heard the expression danke schön which translates roughly to thank you beautifully whereas danke sehr translates to thank you very, very much.  I just looked it up and that makes more sense but I had never heard that expression before.  I always thought sehr only meant "very".  I'm in no way a linguist, in fact I only speak English.  I just have heard a few expressions in German, Spanish, and French that appeal to me.  Thank you, that was very illuminating. 

You know people say that English is a very difficult language to learn but it appears to me that, at least, some European languages can have so many different meanings for the same word, depending on if it's used as a noun, verb, adjective, or adverb.  Or even in the context in which it is used.  Not even to mention the gender it represents.

WDE

WDE

Danke sehr

That is very interesting.  All my life I've heard the expression danke schön which translates roughly to thank you beautifully whereas danke sehr translates to thank you very, very much.  I just looked it up and that makes more sense but I had never heard that expression before.  I always thought sehr only meant "very".  I'm in no way a linguist, in fact I only speak English.  I just have heard a few expressions in German, Spanish, and French that appeal to me.  Thank you, that was very illuminating. 

You know people say that English is a very difficult language to learn but it appears to me that, at least, some European languages can have so many different meanings for the same word, depending on if it's used as a noun, verb, adjective, or adverb.  Or even in the context in which it is used.  Not even to mention the gender it represents.

WDE

I had a girl friend at Auburn who majored in French and German. That's how I knew it. We will not go into the reason she would use it a lot with me.  :-X

I had a girl friend at Auburn who majored in French and German. That's how I knew it. We will not go into the reason she would use it a lot with me.   :-X

I take it that sie ist sehr schmatzen.  Tell me how many ways I screwed that statement up.  I was trying to say that I take it that she was very appreciative.

WDE

I had a girl friend at Auburn who majored in French and German. That's how I knew it. We will not go into the reason she would use it a lot with me.   :-X

I take it that sie ist sehr schmatzen.  Tell me how many ways I screwed that statement up.  I was trying to say that I take it that she was very appreciative.

WDE

in english........yep

WDE

in english........yep

How about in German or don't you know?

WDE

in english........yep

Well she never said yep in German that I know of but said alot of other things in German/French when we broke up. Her cat eyes drove me crazy. Family site you know. Pam H. from Florence, Al. one other thing she hated sports. She was my date to the 17-16 game in B'ham damn girl did not even know what the final score was until after the game was over.  One other thing about her she streaked at a AU baseball game while I was with another date/girl at the game. Oh lord that did not go over well

Well she never said yep in German that I know of but said alot of other things in German/French when we broke up. Her cat eyes drove me crazy. Family site you know. Pam H. from Florence, Al. one other thing she hated sports. She was my date to the 17-16 game in B'ham damn girl did not even know what the final score was until after the game was over.  One other thing about her she streaked at a AU baseball game while I was with another date/girl at the game. Oh lord that did not go over well

That's beautiful.  Thanks, it's been nice conversing with you.

That's beautiful.  Thanks, it's been nice conversing with you.

That wasn't beautiful to my date at the baseball game. She almost killed me and I had nothing to do with it.

WDE

in english........yep

That's usually how FINAL scores work... isn't it?  ;D

Archived