Auburn vs Ole Miss Game 2

OM with five Es...in just a couple innings?  Were any of the AU scores earned?  Either way, it's nice to be able to capitalize on the OM generosity.

They weren't generous that long....and they are catching up to us. Will Kendall is struggling just a little bit, and he gave up a 2 run homer. :(

Those first 2 and 1/2 innings went by lightening fast.

Clutch hitting by Zach Alvord!!!

Finally somebody came through for AU!  I hope Zach is catching on fire now, because it sure is needed.

Nice job of closing it out by Slade Smith.

On to Game 3 tomorrow.

Could the grand slam be the clutch hit that we look back on later in the year and say "that's when our hitting started to really click" ... Only time will tell.  Low on the errors, two days of solid starting and relief pitching, pretty good OBP and steals, and maybe our bats pick up???

I think our best pitching matchup is tomorrow.  An sec series win on the road against a ranked team?  Would indeed be a great conference start!

Could the grand slam be the clutch hit that we look back on later in the year and say "that's when our hitting started to really click" ... Only time will tell.  Low on the errors, two days of solid starting and relief pitching, pretty good OBP and steals, and maybe our bats pick up???

I think our best pitching matchup is tomorrow.  An sec series win on the road against a ranked team?  Would indeed be a great conference start!

I hope it is a good sign!

I think this team is starting to develop a little chemistry, and better pitching sure helps.

Last season they seemed so frustrated with the new bats and the pitching woes.

Nice to see that there is still some "big" ball potential on the team....hope Coach P will try to use it.

Archived