SEC Standings

After 1 weekend, here is how the SEC Standings shake out.

East

Florida 19-1 3-0

Kentucky 21-0 3-0

Georgia 15-6 2-1

Tennessee 11-8 1-2

South Carolina 15-4 0-3

Vanderbilt 7-13 0-3

West

Arkansas 19-2 3-0

Auburn 12-8 2-1

LSU 16-4 2-1

Ole Miss 15-5 1-2

Mississippi State 15-7 1-2

Alabama 8-12 0-3

Week 2 Conference Schedule

LSU at Auburn

Florida at South Carolina (Thursday-Saturday)

Kentucky at Tennessee

Ole Miss at Alabama

Arkansas at Mississippi State

Georgia at Vanderbilt

Kentucky sweep of USCe...a major surprise to me.  Great start for AU winning a 2-1 series on the road.

Kentucky sweep of USCe...a major surprise to me.   Great start for AU winning a 2-1 series on the road.

That's the first thing that caught my eye, too. I know UK has been having a great year( being undefeated at this point)  but I'm still a little surprised at the series sweep. Anyone know how they're getting it done? Big bats? Dominant pitching?

Kentucky sweep of USCe...a major surprise to me.   Great start for AU winning a 2-1 series on the road.

That's the first thing that caught my eye, too. I know UK has been having a great year( being undefeated at this point)  but I'm still a little surprised at the series sweep. Anyone know how they're getting it done? Big bats? Dominant pitching?

one walk off helped in the series against South Carolina

Auburn avoids playing Kentucky this year.   :we:

:) And Florida is at home. Still have tough trips to Arkansas and Vandy though.

Ky has played a really soft schedule so far this year. Of eleven teams  they've played so far only 2 teams have a winning record South Carolina-Upstate (don't ask me i don't know either) and SCe. While SCe's pitching is solid their offense is anemic-averaging 3.9 runs a game. In comparison excluding the 22-0 win over Alcorn St. Auburn is averaging 5.9 runs a game.

I'm sure Ky is a solid club but IMO they are not as good as their record. While, again IMO, Auburn is better than their record indicates.

One thing Auburn needs to improve on this year over last is winning the dang mid week games. They lost way too many mid week games last year, to inferior teams.

One thing Auburn needs to improve on this year over last is winning the dang mid week games. They lost way too many mid week games last year, to inferior teams.

looking good so far tonight

Agreed; if we had won a couple more midweek games last year, we would have more than likely been in the NCAA`s tourney.

Archived