Barbee Quote

Barbee on talented 2012 recruiting class: "We're going to look back and say that group helped them get it over the top."

I like the sound of that.   :wedance:

The proof is in the pudding.      ~ Rock On Coach! :happydance:

Mark me down as one vote in favor of Tony Barbee. 

Mark me down as another vote  :bow:.

Barbee on talented 2012 recruiting class: "We're going to look back and say that group helped them get it over the top."

I like the sound of that.   :wedance:

Here is his interview at rivals about 9 hours ago it is free so i figured it would be alright to post the link...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=teamreports-2012-ncaab-abb

sounds like he is right on schedule....

I forget which thread but someone posted his wins at UTEP by year compared with his time at Auburn so far and they are almost identical. By that comparison I think we should have 20-22 wins this year. Heading in the right direction.

I forget which thread but someone posted his wins at UTEP by year compared with his time at Auburn so far and they are almost identical. By that comparison I think we should have 20-22 wins this year. Heading in the right direction.

i think barbee is the right guy at the right time, doing the right things with the right kids and going in the right direction.  right?

but to your point, i was thinking 17 wins this year and very easily could have done that, assuming we stole a couple on the road.  never imagined us going 0-fer on the road this year.  i am not 20-22 ambitious for next year - but i am thinking 18-19 - with a sure fire NIT and bubble ncaa.

i think losing kouassi hurts us for next year.  i was really thinking he could be the center piece of the team for the next couple of years.  hate he is gone.  to play elite level, you gotta be able to "endure" elite coaching.

Archived