2012 spring roster

bigbird

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Bonomolo, Uzomah moves to tight end which I like. Some of the weights look good, guys been working. Can't wait to see them get out there.

:we:

No Bonomolo, Uzomah moves to tight end which I like. Some of the weights look good, guys been working. Can't wait to see them get out there.

:we:

Sigler at 295.  He will be starting somewhere on the line by mid season IMO. 

Delaine at 6'5 250 and Harrell at 6'4 260 are both intriguing guys especially if Delaine recovers from his knee injury. 

Looks like we have some new names in there as well. Walk-ons I would assume.

Looking forward to the new-improved Tigers, Chiz v2.0 ....  :happydance:

McCalleb still under 170...hope he stays healthy throughout the year. Also hope Holland can put on about 10lbs over the summer. That'll really help him stop the run and get off blocks. Thanks for the link, Bird.

McCalleb still under 170...hope he stays healthy throughout the year. Also hope Holland can put on about 10lbs over the summer. That'll really help him stop the run and get off blocks. Thanks for the link, Bird.

OMac is listed at 168. He could go eat a cheeseburger and fries and get to 170. As far as Holland goes he's listed at 236. 10 more pounds would put him around DE size. 236 lbs. is plenty enough size for a MLB.

Swain and Jaws White both listed at 245- that's good news for the LB corps.

I'm a little surprised Lemonier is still at 240. That's good for passing plays but tough when he is facing a 325 lb OT on run plays.

Did Bono leave the team?

Swain and Jaws White both listed at 245- that's good news for the LB corps.

I'm a little surprised Lemonier is still at 240. That's good for passing plays but tough when he is facing a 325 lb OT on run plays.

Did Bono leave the team?

Anthony Swain has put on some weight!

OMac is listed at 168. He could go eat a cheeseburger and fries and get to 170. As far as Holland goes he's listed at 236. 10 more pounds would put him around DE size. 236 lbs. is plenty enough size for a MLB.

Even with that cheeseburger and weighing 170, that isn't exactly an  ideal weight for a RB. I'm not saying he can't be effective at that weight but I was just hoping he might have gained a few more "cheeseburgers " since last fall. And about Holland, most of our DE's are in the 250-260 range. Lem and Dee are around Jake's weight but they're speed rushers and could be perceived as a little light too. Again, I'm not saying Holland can't be productive at that weight, but in my amateur opinion ,a 245lb MLB wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe he can't play effectively with the added weight but you know he's going to be shedding blocks of 250+lb FB 's and MASSIVE OL's.

He's never going to be bigger, it is what it is. He's plenty effective at his current weight. We have guys 30 lbs heavier to run between the tackles.

Sure he's effective but you know just as well as I do how hard it is for OM to stay on his feet. I realize he's used as a speed back but not every speed back consistently goes down on first contact(as OM does) . Those guys who are 30lbs bigger are every bit as fast as OM(think CG and TM)  and they have the ability to break tackles. I realize, at this point, he isn't going to be able to gain anymore weight because I'm sure the coaches have been trying to beef him up for the past 3 years. Just because he's a speed back doesn't mean some added weight wouldnt help him break tackles and stay on his feet a little more. I don't think an added 5-10lbs would've completely negated his speed.

I'm sure I'm going to take a ton of heat for this but it's just how I honestly feel. If OM doesn't learn to break tackles( whether he weighs 168 or 198) and keep his balance he's going to eventually start losing PT to one of the younger guys, provided they learn their assignments. Look for Tre Mason to really push OM in the Spring and Fall.

why is Blake Burgess down to 255?  :dunno:

That's strange because I see Blake just about everyday and he seems to have gotten bigger. Maybe he's just gotten more cut and lost some of the "girth ". Really, really nice guy btw. I'm really hoping he gets some PT this year.

Archived