Auburn ranked 24th

I just saw on the Auburn iPhone app that we are now ranked. It was under the heading AP Poll, but when I clicked on it the title said Collegiate Baseball Poll. I'm kinda confused as to what poll exactly, has us ranked. Nevertheless, good to see our guys hard work noticed.

http://www.d1baseball.com/

This site has all the rankings available (also the best all-around college baseball site I've seen).

Baseball America doesn't have us in their 1-25.

#24 in Collegiate Baseball.

The National Collegiate Baseball Writers poll doesn't have us in their 1-30.

Perfect Game has us at #32 in their 1-50.

USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Poll has us unranked.

Right when the team was ready for a top 25 ranking....Samford beats them. 

Gotta win the mid-weak games to stay in the rankings.  But still too early for rankings to mean much....and then again, other than "feel good", the rankings in baseball mean about nothing anyway.

Hopefully the series win this weekend, will give us some love with the poll voters.

:zapbama:

It did a little:

Baseball America = #23

Collegiate Baseball = #27

Perfect Game = #25

No love from the others though. As long as we keep playing this way though I'm sure they'll come around.

Hopefully the series win this weekend, will give us some love with the poll voters.

:zapbama:

It did a little:

Baseball America = #23

Collegiate Baseball = #27

Perfect Game = #25

No love from the others though. As long as we keep playing this way though I'm sure they'll come around.

I hope they do.  Hosting another regional would be HUGE.  Right now we are sitting pretty as far as RPI is concerned. 

We have three series wins against RPI top 36 teams currently. Dropped a series against the current number 6 and dropped a series against rpi 97 in missouri. Not to mention upcoming series against 67 vanderbilt, 12 south carolina, 68 tennessee, 18 arkansas, 54 georgia, and number 1 florida. Bama is 150th for anyone who wants to know. If we can take the series against vandy, tennessee, georgia, and go 1 for 3 in series wins between arky, carolina, and florida, take the majority of the rest of our midweek games, and win at least one game in the sec tourny, i see absolutely no reason we shouldn't be hosting a regional. And if we can throw in a couple of series sweeps, win the rest of our midweek games, and take 2 of 3 between arky, carolina, and florida, ladies and gentlemen we just might be looking at a super regional. But that's way too far down the line, a serious pipe dream. We'd need to cut down drastically on errors before something like that could happen.

completely agree.  i'm not sure we really need to improve on our pitching a ton.  our hitting, although not elite, is solid and consistent through the lineup.  other than pickoffs, our base running/steals has been good.  (i asked this elsewhere - when do the pickoffs/caught stealing override our base stealing, as far as being a positive).  we have bettered our RISP batting, at least the a last handful of games (i think).  really we are an all around solid, not spectacular team.  if we can significantly drop our errors, we might go somewhere this year.

just keep winning those series and sweep one or two.  at the rate we are going, the midweek games will be canceled and wont factor!

Archived