Re: Tebow and Cam mechanics

Mechanics is the easiest thing to correct and teach.

Tell that to Tebow.

Speaking of Tebow, I didn't watch him but a few times last year but his throwing motion was fubar the time or two I did, much much worst than I recall it being at Florida.  It was so bad that I had to shake my head at him even playing the qb spot. 

On the other hand, Cam's improved by as much as Tebow's digressed.  Somebody did a heck of a job with Cam.  Was that Shula's work?  If Cam could have thrown like that at Auburn we would have put every game out of reach before the first half was over instead of having to come from behind so often.

Mechanics is the easiest thing to correct and teach.

Tell that to Tebow.

Speaking of Tebow, I didn't watch him but a few times last year but his throwing motion was fubar the time or two I did, much much worst than I recall it being at Florida.  It was so bad that I had to shake my head at him even playing the qb spot. 

On the other hand, Cam's improved by as much as Tebow's digressed.  Somebody did a heck of a job with Cam.  Was that Shula's work?  If Cam could have thrown like that at Auburn we would have put every game out of reach before the first half was over instead of having to come from behind so often.

What? I have no words for this post. It left me speechless. Just Wow!!!!

Tell that to Tebow.

I have seen a lot of negativity about Tebow on this board.  While he maynot be the best QB in the NFL or even good in your opinion, that kid is one of the best role models anyone could hope for thier son or daughter to look up to.  No I'm not saying that because of his belief in Christ, I am saying it because you don't see him acting like a fool just becuase he has made it to the next level. 

I heard someone say in 2010 that the only reason UGA or the turds thought Nick F. was dirty was because he didn't play for them.  I venture to say that had Tebow played for AU, a lot of opinions on this board would be different. 

Tell that to Tebow.

I have seen a lot of negativity about Tebow on this board.  While he maynot be the best QB in the NFL or even good in your opinion, that kid is one of the best role models anyone could hope for thier son or daughter to look up to.  No I'm not saying that because of his belief in Christ, I am saying it because you don't see him acting like a fool just becuase he has made it to the next level. 

I heard someone say in 2010 that the only reason UGA or the turds thought Nick F. was dirty was because he didn't play for them.  I venture to say that had Tebow played for AU, a lot of opinions on this board would be different. 

I'm sure there would be some different opinions, but while I readily agree that Tebow makes for an outstanding role model (and regardless of how good a QB he is, he's a winner), you have to understand that the goody two shoes thing is polarizing for a lot of people. Many think it is fake because their own experience with people who acted the way taught them that people just aren't that good, even though anyone who has been keeping up with Tebow knows how legitimate he is (dude spent his summers helping disadvantaged kids in the Philippines when he was in high school...that says something about him).

However, with regard to this board, I haven't noticed a whole lot of negativity toward him. With regard to being a quarterback, his throwing motion and such have been under severe scrutiny since he was in high school, so it's kinda hard to say anything about that, but I haven't seen any disparaging remarks about his character or anything of the sort.

Tell that to Tebow.

I'm sure there would be some different opinions, but while I readily agree that Tebow makes for an outstanding role model (and regardless of how good a QB he is, he's a winner), you have to understand that the goody two shoes thing is polarizing for a lot of people. Many think it is fake because their own experience with people who acted the way taught them that people just aren't that good, even though anyone who has been keeping up with Tebow knows how legitimate he is (dude spent his summers helping disadvantaged kids in the Philippines when he was in high school...that says something about him).

However, with regard to this board, I haven't noticed a whole lot of negativity toward him. With regard to being a quarterback, his throwing motion and such have been under sever scrutiny since he was in high school, so it's kinda hard to say anything about that, but I haven't seen any disparaging remarks about his character or anything of the sort.

The topic has diverged.  It got to throwing mechanics and how that can be worked out... and Tebow's situation came up.  I also mentioned how much Cam Newton's had improved.

My comment had nothing to do one way or the other about Tebow as a role model, just as a qb.  If he can't improve his throwing motion from what I saw, IMO he will not be playing qb in the NFL.  I think his mechanics have digressed since he left Florida and I don't think he would have been playing qb for Urban Meyer back at Florida throwing like that.  It looked like someone who was right handed goofing off and throwing left handed; it was painful to watch.

Tell that to Tebow.

He didn't say anything about Tebow as a person. He critiqued his throwing motion and was, in my mind, dead-on accurate. Don't take it personally, AU04ever. I'm tired of the whole Tebow thing altogether. It's arguments like this that rub people the wrong way and it's not even Tim's fault.

Tell that to Tebow.

I have seen a lot of negativity about Tebow on this board.  While he maynot be the best QB in the NFL or even good in your opinion, that kid is one of the best role models anyone could hope for thier son or daughter to look up to.  No I'm not saying that because of his belief in Christ, I am saying it because you don't see him acting like a fool just becuase he has made it to the next level.  and he wins.somehow he wins

and he wins wherever he plays,Somehow

Cam has worked his butt off and has the skills that few have. Tebow I honestly don't think has the skill set to be a starting NFL QB.  I love the way he carries himself as a person.

Changing a throwing motion is hard to do when a kid is young, but incredibly harder when you get older. It can be done though. Steve Young, from what I have read, had a worse throwing motion than Tebow has and couldn't hit a five yard out to save his life. Somebody helped him change his motion. And we all know what Young accomplished.

Archived