Demetruce McNeil

Dunndone414

Demetruce McNeil is hobbling around on crutches... Any idea what happened?

Hope it isn't serious. Guess he won't be playing so much pick-up basketball in the act anymore! Ha.

Here come the posters worried about our football players playing pick up at the ACT.

dont worry ... based on some of the other threads, someone will misinterpret or misread one of the next couple of posts, then it will turn in to a thread war ... and then we will never know what happend to mike mcneal and his failed SAT score! 

Honestly saw Sammie Coates in the gym just shooting.. also he was putting his elbow in the rim cause he could get up so high..

Not sure if im the only one that thinks Whitehead will overtake McNeil at some point this year

Honestly saw Sammie Coates in the gym just shooting.. also he was putting his elbow in the rim cause he could get up so high..

Sammie Coates is an unbelievable athlete. Saw him put it between his legs and dunk... Barbee might should check him out haha.

Seriously though, was McNeil hurt in the scrimmage this weekend? I wasn't implying that he got hurt in the act, he is just there a lot. (Along with others of course). He looked like he could barely walk, hoping it isn't anything serious.

Not sure if im the only one that thinks Whitehead will overtake McNeil at some point this year

What you can't put your elbow in the rim too?? And no, you aren't the only one who thinks Whitehead could overtake Meat.

I think it happens too. Whitehead played safety in highschool

hes a pretty thick guy thats for sure. Does anyone in the know have a clue why Bates didnt move back to safety? He played great there his frosh year and would project much better to the next level as a safety. Im sure no one knows and im fully aware its been discussed repeatedly. its just been bugging me because he was a war-child back there and it would allow us to get more size in the field

Bates can lay the wood, but he probably doesn't have the range to cover the entire field as a safety. Hopefuly, the coaches are putting him in position that will maximize his talent.

I hope Meat recovers quickly, he has a lot of experience.  Whitehead will be a nice option at SS, but I think he is at his best as a nickelback. If T-Bell is healthy by fall camp, Coach Martinez will have another nice option to work with in the nickel package.

When I was at Auburn (Late 80's, early 90's) there was a reserve LB guy that used to come in and play basketball. He was ok but he was big and mean and would push us skinny guys out of the way. When he drove to the basket he would run over anyone in his way.

Sorry, you guys saying he was in the ACT reminded me of that.

I'm with ya on that.

When I was at Auburn (Late 80's, early 90's) there was a reserve LB guy that used to come in and play basketball. He was ok but he was big and mean and would push us skinny guys out of the way. When he drove to the basket he would run over anyone in his way.

Are you talking about Dunican Caselberry?  I cant remember his position but he stayed in the ACT a lot. 

Sorry to continue with the hijacking of this thread...

But, in the mid 80's when I was a freshman, I played basketball down at the student act center quite a bit. Sonny Smith had put together a good basketball team then, and I played with quite a few of those guys. Chuck Person was on my team once--my 15 minutes.

One time, Gerald Robinson was playing ball down there. He started on our monster defensive line then; went on to play in the NFL for a few years. He was on the opposing team, and got the ball in the lane. Foolishly, I tried to knock the ball out of his hands. The ring finger on my right hand has been crooked ever since.

War Eagle

Here come the posters worried about our football players playing pick up at the ACT.

dont worry ... based on some of the other threads, someone will misinterpret or misread one of the next couple of posts, then it will turn in to a thread war ... and then we will never know what happend to mike mcneal and his failed SAT score! 

You speak the truth sir. :bow::laugh:

Guest jrljr

You speak the truth sir. :bow::laugh:

:laugh:I don't care who you are...That's funny right there! :laugh:

Are you talking about Dunican Caselberry?  I cant remember his position but he stayed in the ACT a lot. 

Bigcat - I think I am. That name sure sounds familiar. I knew it a something-a-berry. Good memory.

Sorry to continue with the hijacking of this thread...

But, in the mid 80's when I was a freshman, I played basketball down at the student act center quite a bit. Sonny Smith had put together a good basketball team then, and I played with quite a few of those guys. Chuck Person was on my team once--my 15 minutes.

One time, Gerald Robinson was playing ball down there. He started on our monster defensive line then; went on to play in the NFL for a few years. He was on the opposing team, and got the ball in the lane. Foolishly, I tried to knock the ball out of his hands. The ring finger on my right hand has been crooked ever since.

War Eagle

does it look anything like this?  :laugh: :laugh:

Archived